• PG-13, 1 hr. 40 min.

Instructions Not Included Reviews

MANUGINO
MANUGINO

February 26, 2014
Life doesn't care if you're ready.

Good Film! Excellent performance from Derbez and the little girl. It's one of those movies that you go out happy to have seen! Congratulations to Derbez, great job! Currently the Mexican films are giving very pleasant surprises for the audience, which in many times have not believed in the talent and scope of this new generation of filmmakers, this movie is going to win many awards and you will see that. At first I thought I would see a movie more than the classic that the mother will take away the kids from the father but no, this story is amazing.

Valentin is Acapulco's resident playboy, until a former fling leaves a baby on his doorstep and takes off without a trace. Leaving Mexico for Los Angeles to find the baby's mother, Valentin ends up finding a new home for himself and his newfound daughter, Maggie. An unlikely father figure, Valentin raises Maggie for six years, while also establishing himself as one of Hollywood's top stuntmen to pay the bills, with Maggie acting as his on-set coach. As Valentin raises Maggie, she forces him to grow up too. But their unique and offbeat family is threatened when Maggie's birth mom shows up out of the blue, and Valentin realizes he's in danger of losing his daughter - and his best friend.
toejambaseball24
toejambaseball24

February 12, 2014
It wasn't sure what it wanted to be, and I wasn't sure what it was.
shrix1
March 4, 2014
It was very heart warming, touching and beautiful. I found no problems understanding the movie even if I didn't read every word of the subs. I considered it to be one of the best movies I've watched.
January 23, 2014
Absolutely brilliant! It might have dragged in the last quarter, but I don't care! Just watch it and feel all kinds of good.
January 17, 2014
A beautiful film that will tug on your heart strings. The chemistry between Eugenio Derbez (Valentin) and Loreto Peralta (Maggie) is perfect.
September 14, 2013
Funny, tender, sweet, sad and a powerful, yet lighthearted, film about the sacrifice and love of a parent and child. The twist at the end lifts an above average dramedy into a brilliantly-written family story.
September 15, 2014
I thought this would be a goofy caper about a hapless father, and it is to an extent. But it turns out to be sweet and funny and by the time you're hit by the manipulative plot twist, you're already emotionally invested. Too late, gotcha! What can I say, I enjoyed it.
August 7, 2014
good daughter shows closeness. terrible ending that makes no sense on any level. too long It is in Spanish even with English speaking American characters. i do not know why.
August 2, 2014
DECEPTION!!!!!!!!!!!!
July 23, 2014
Literally the best movie I have seen in years. It is a great lesson and can teach people in many different ways. I laughed. I cried. I laughed again. This is what a movie should make you feel. You should remember by the way it made you feel.
July 18, 2014
Not funny, good, but not funny.
July 7, 2014
que filme maravilhoso... impossivel não cair no riso durante o filme todo e se acabar em lágrimas no final...
July 7, 2014
IT was a beautiful movie with a deep meaning on what it takes to be grown up
July 2, 2014
Found this little gem by accident on Netflix. I'm not sure how I missed it when it opened in the US last fall, but I'm glad I found it. This is a surprisingly sweet, funny and touching movie that ends up moving you more than you expect.
June 27, 2014
No posee el guión más original, creativo o inteligente, pero sí incluye un apocado deje de brillantez, que sabe sorprender al espectador con unos giros de tuerca bien aplicados.

Un lindo mensaje sobre cómo "la familia no es la sangre" y sobre aprender a vivir sin miedo.
June 26, 2014
A real tear jerker at the end
June 16, 2014
A beautiful father/daughter relationship
EL CHIDO
June 6, 2014
I can understand why the critics gave this film a low score, and I can also understand why the audience gave a very high score. I gave it 4.5 stars. I love it.. it made me laugh, cry, and think about my life. It is a very heartwarming movie.
May 30, 2014
just got done watching this movie with my boyfriend...being parents...this movie touched us deeply.. I would strongly suggest it! I'm not typically someone who will watch a movie where I have to read subtitles much less write a review but this one was so worth it!