Best movie of 2014?

Calling it right now.
ballermat982
03-30-2013 08:44 AM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Ryan Gennett

Ryan Gennett

Could be.

Oct 21 - 11:45 AM

Movie Person

Movie Person

Incorrect, X-Men, DoFP will be the best film of 2014.

Oct 1 - 02:55 PM

Alex Aston

Alex Aston

In my personal opinion, I really can't see any Marvel movie topping a Chris Nolan movie. Marvel movie's are at best good popcorn entertainment, but I don't think I've ever seen a Marvel movie that I'd classify as great cinema. Every Nolan film I've seen I'd guy a 9/10 to a 10/0 where as with Marvel, I think my highest rating was around a 8.5 or 8.7.

Oct 2 - 11:24 AM

Alex Aston

Alex Aston

In my personal opinion, I really can't see any Marvel movie topping a Chris Nolan movie. Marvel movie's are at best good popcorn entertainment, but I don't think I've ever seen a Marvel movie that I'd classify as great cinema. Every Nolan film I've seen I'd give anything from a 9/10 to a 10/0 where as with Marvel I think my highest rating was around an 8.5 or 8.7.

Oct 2 - 11:29 AM

Diego Tutweiller

The Artist Formerly Known as Tutweiller

Does anyone actually know anything about this movie? Other than the fact that it's directed by Christopher Nolan?

Sep 22 - 11:28 AM

Alex Aston

Alex Aston

Well I know it's based on Kip Thorne's scientific theories and that part of the movie was filmed in my city, but beyond that I really know very little.

Oct 2 - 12:08 PM

RoHiT

Good Looking RoHiT

Yeah. It will be Best Sci-fi of 2014.

Sep 21 - 09:11 AM

RoHiT

Good Looking RoHiT

Yeah. Best Sci-fi film of 2014 .

Sep 21 - 09:09 AM

TheMovieGuy

Robbie Moore

It will be good without a doubt, but the best? I don't think so

Aug 23 - 12:54 PM

? ??

? ??

Then which 2014 movie (we've heard so far) you think will top this film?

Aug 30 - 07:55 AM

TheMovieGuy

Robbie Moore

Intersteller will definitely be one of the best movies this year, but I'm most excited about Godzilla, X-Men Days of Future Past, The Hobbit There and Back Again

Sep 13 - 12:56 PM

Diego Tutweiller

I hope this gets 2% just to anger the Nolanites further, after their beloved Man of Steal Your Money bombed critically and commercially.

Aug 4 - 01:48 AM

Nelson Verdejo

Nelson Verdejo

man of steel received surprisingly mixed reviews ... it didn't bomb critically ... critics were just divided ... however, your claim that it bombed commercially is completely wrong ... it grossed somewhere between $600 and $700 million worldwide ... that sir is not a commercial failure.

Aug 5 - 08:24 AM

Diego Tutweiller

You know... Man of Steal Your Money... was definitely a... critical failure... if it can find a way... to get less than... a shitty movie like... Elysidumb... on Rotten Tomatoes... it's definitely... crap...

Aug 12 - 11:37 PM

Jus

Ja Ral

Yes, Meh of Steel was trash, but Nolan will always be God of the Industry.

Aug 10 - 01:44 PM

Diego Tutweiller

See, this is the problem with you accursed Nolan fanboys. You think he's the second fucking coming of Jesus. He's not even one of the top five best directors of the decade.

Aug 12 - 11:34 PM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

X-Men: Days of Future Past. 'Nuff said.

Jul 26 - 10:01 AM

The Tall Man

Jebediah Morningside

AWWWWWWWWWWWWYYYYYYYEAAAAAAHHHHH

Aug 4 - 12:36 PM

Diego Tutweiller

God damn X-fanboys.

Aug 12 - 11:38 PM

Movie Person

Movie Person

Eh, I think the premise might just turn off some viewers (Inception had more of a mass appeal, if you ask me), but it'll probably be pretty good. I also look forward to X-Men: Day of Future Past, anything from Marvel, Maleficent, Noah, and Muppets Most Wanted. 2015 is the year to watch, though.

Jul 23 - 06:28 PM

Travis

Brian Hamilton

More looking forward to Inherent Vice than this but Nolan's original works are always something to look forward to as he has one of the finest working directors

Jun 11 - 06:57 PM

Nelson Verdejo

Nelson Verdejo

could very well be ... chris Nolan seems incapable of making a bad film .... but then again we all thought that of Pixar until Cars 2 came out .... after all he is only human but here's hoping for another masterpiece from him .... lets see how long King Nolan can keep up his streak

May 14 - 07:57 PM

Max M.

The Dude

I'm not worried about 2014. I'm worried about this year. We really need a boost up in fresh films.

May 13 - 10:45 PM

Nelson Verdejo

Nelson Verdejo

I know iron man 3 let us all down but don't worry ... I think either Man of Steel or Star Trek into Darkness will take the crown ... this year doesn't look too hot ... I think this summer only really has Star Trek into Darkness and im hearing that its good but not up to the level of the first one ... we'll have to see for ourselves .. as for Man of Steel ... I have faith that that movie will own the summer at least if not the year ... the trailer looks epic, Chris Nolan is attached to it, and early press screenings I've hear had the viewers raving that its great and is the first superman film that's actually good .. soaring past the cheesy 70s and 80s chris reeves ones and that POS bundle of boredom that Bryan Singer directed in 2006

May 14 - 07:56 PM

Max M.

The Dude

That's funny 'cause I actually liked Iron Man 3.

May 16 - 09:02 AM

Mr k.

Mr khan

Well it was a fun movie. However I expect more when seeing a Chris Nolan movie. So i get more excited about them.

Jun 3 - 07:29 PM

Nelson Verdejo

Nelson Verdejo

so I guess it didn't phase you that they completely butchered and disrespected the image of The Mandarin who is iron mans archnemesis ... if you knew who the manadarin was in the comics, the film completely spit all over it. . its not like they changed him a little bit for the film which would have been fine by me ... they completely took a dump on his character, and turned him from a supreme sorcerer to a hokey drunken decoy actor

Aug 5 - 08:27 AM

Emile Szabo

Emile Szabo

I think gravity will most likely be the best film of 2013...

Jun 3 - 01:55 AM

Branden M.

Branden Mata

Twelve Years a Slave man...Ejiofor, Fassbender, Cumberbatch and McQueen...there gonna own that title this year. They can't ignore Fassbender this Awards year with both Twelve Years and The Counselor. I won't be surprised if he get the double nomination nod for Best Actor and Supporting Actor.

Jun 22 - 02:35 AM

Max M.

The Dude

I'm not worried about 2014. I'm worried about this year. We really need a boost up in fresh films.

May 13 - 09:48 PM

The Master of Movies

The Master of Movies

Maybe

May 12 - 09:56 PM

Tony Stark

sam varma

cant tell

Apr 14 - 02:53 AM

Jacob Miller

Jacob Miller

Here's hoping.