Matthew McConaughey Rumored for Christopher Nolan's Next

Summary

From "Magic Mike" to outer space? All right, all right. Back to Article

Comments

Nek Sanalet

Mo Gelardi

Nolan should just retire at this point. Squandered all the promise of Memento/The Prestige to make these low-brow big budget blockbusters for pimply faced teenage boys. I hope I'm wrong and his next film isn't as idiotic as Inception. Not holding my breath....and ohh how right you were Cronenberg!!!!

Mar 29 - 08:14 PM

Jason Wilkerson

I'm assuming you haven't watched Inception or his Batman films. He's given those films depth, subtext, and nuance. Either they went over your head, or you weren't paying attention. He got bigger budgets that have allowed him to make bigger films, but that doesn't mean that they are low brow blockbusters.

Mar 31 - 06:53 PM

infernaldude

Infernal Dude

He's got a bit of a point though. Even if its a bit.

Mar 31 - 08:40 PM

James B.

James Bradford

I don't agree with him, but pretty sure the line "I hope I'm wrong and his next film isn't as idiotic as Inception" means he did see Inception.

Apr 1 - 06:23 AM

ballermat982

ballermat 982

Interesting choice... I'm sure Nolan will make it work though.

Mar 30 - 08:42 AM

IrreducibleKoan

Sean Pak

Really? After The Lincoln Lawyer, Bernie, Killer Joe, Magic Mike, and Mud, we're still doubting this guy? He's also in the next Scorsese film. McConaughey's a serious actor now and being cast in a top shelf director's film shouldn't surprise us anymore.

Mar 30 - 10:17 AM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

This is one of those great mysteries to me, everybody tells me Matthew McConaughey has suddenly become this transcendent actor. I still see the same guy I've always seen, in fact I prefer him in say A Time to Kill over The Lincoln Lawyer and definately Contact over Magic Mike where IMO his greatest contributions seemed to be taking his shirt off and simulating dry humping Alex Pettyfer. It was a fine movie with an interesting story, but for me being the best actor in a movie with Pettyfer, Tatum, Joe Mangienello and Diesel from WWE isn't the Herculean feat everyone seems to be making out. Acting just wasn't that movies strength. I'll grant you Killer Joe was good, but again for me it wasn't nearly as good as Kevin Costner in Mr. Brooks and no one is hyping him like Matt Mc.

Mar 31 - 05:01 PM

Jason Wilkerson

I don't think he's suddenly become a transcendent actor, but I think he squandered is talent for years on paychecks for crappy romantic comedies. He's always been talented, he's just not returning to movies of more substance that he doesn't merely walk through. He's actually acting again.

Mar 31 - 06:51 PM

infernaldude

Infernal Dude

You guys are all forgetting Frailty. He was hauntingly "normal" in that movie.

Mar 31 - 08:41 PM

James B.

James Bradford

He hasn't really done THAT many rom-coms. How to Lose a Guy, Failure to Launch and The Wedding Planner are the only three I can recall. It's just that they were popular and he got slapped with that label. Personally I'm looking forward to seeing him in Wolf of Wall Street.

Apr 1 - 06:33 AM

IrreducibleKoan

Sean Pak

Mar 30 - 10:17 AM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

Mar 31 - 05:01 PM

Mar 31 - 06:51 PM

infernaldude

Infernal Dude

You guys are all forgetting Frailty. He was hauntingly "normal" in that movie.

Mar 31 - 08:41 PM

James B.

James Bradford

Apr 1 - 06:33 AM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

Mar 31 - 05:01 PM

Mar 31 - 06:51 PM

infernaldude

Infernal Dude

You guys are all forgetting Frailty. He was hauntingly "normal" in that movie.

Mar 31 - 08:41 PM

Mar 31 - 06:51 PM

Mar 31 - 06:53 PM

infernaldude

Infernal Dude

He's got a bit of a point though. Even if its a bit.

Mar 31 - 08:40 PM

James B.

James Bradford

Apr 1 - 06:23 AM

infernaldude

Infernal Dude

He's got a bit of a point though. Even if its a bit.

Mar 31 - 08:40 PM

infernaldude

Infernal Dude

You guys are all forgetting Frailty. He was hauntingly "normal" in that movie.

Mar 31 - 08:41 PM

James B.

James Bradford

Apr 1 - 06:23 AM

James B.

James Bradford

Apr 1 - 06:33 AM

Critics Consensus
Critics Consensus

Transcendence is a Sci-Fi Snooze

Johnny Depp's Best Movies

Picture gallery of movie bears

Good Friday