Inu no eiga (All About My Dog) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Inu no eiga (All About My Dog) Reviews

January 16, 2015
I bought this thinking it would be a sweet, cute little movie about dogs. Nothing deep or taxing. And it does start off that way - several funny little short stories which are unrelated to each other. Especially the woman who's left her dog alone for the first time and imagines a series of disasters happening to it.
Then it hits the main and longest story. I will not write a spoiler, but will say I was howling by the end of it. Be warned. Very, very sad and moving.
January 16, 2015
½ December 27, 2012
Tears, tears, tears. It'd be better to just focus on Pochi and Yamada's and Marimo and Mika's stories.
March 28, 2010
A beautiful shortie that can survive the syrup coating and the too easy subject with good directing and a nice score. The very end is a bit clunky.
August 16, 2009
Incredibly touching. Tears, tears, and tears.
April 23, 2009
It would pass for a dog lover but I would have preferred that they actually made 8 films, all independent of each other. Yes, there were a few films that could certainly be considered mutually exclusive of one another but there was some continuity when it came to the bit about the Porgy, and it made the whole enterprise seem choppy and disparate. A bit of waste I think.
January 16, 2009
Saw the 'marimo' portion of this film-- would like to see the rest of it, maybe.
½ September 15, 2008
Cried like hell as usual after watching this 999th dog-dying Japanese flick
How can you not cry watching dogs die on film?
I loved the hilarious dog-translator bit
½ September 3, 2008
½ November 13, 2007
I cried three times... For animal lovers, a must
April 16, 2008
Historias que harán sonreír o llorar a quién ame a estos animalitos! La historia de Potji y 'ne, marimo' me hicieron llorar muchísimo ):
½ April 5, 2008
I loveddd the pug part but man, the movie was so sad when it came to Porgy.
February 5, 2008
bad idea to watch it in theater.. u just let everyone know u cry...
February 5, 2008
really touch and i really cried too much...
January 9, 2008
It's a really cute movie lol, the beginning made me laugh to death XD And at the end I cried like a baby haha x_x I really love this movie :D
December 16, 2007
I think it is unfair.
December 3, 2007
all time favourite dog movie. yes, 'dog movie' is a genre by itself, dear.
October 6, 2007
It makes me cry everytime I watch it!
November 9, 2007
For all dog lovers!! Is it in Chinese?? This movie is produced in Japan. You may need a handkerchief..
August 22, 2007
Nakamura Shidou is the single sexiest Japanese man alive so this movie is a winner all the way. There are some cute dogs too...