Nicole Kidman to Star in Horror Film for Universal

Summary

If you consider yourself a fan of Nicole Kidman and Colombian horror movies, today is your lucky day: Variety is reporting that Kidman has been tapped as the lead in the remake of Juan Felipe Orozco's Al Final del Espectro. Back to Article

Comments

Merlin235

Merlin Ambrosius

Isn't The Invasion a remake of a remake of Invasion of the Body Snatchers? It doesn't even look as good as the original's remake....er, wait....

Aug 8 - 07:09 AM

Count_Vertigo

Paul Cieslewicz

Technically this is the remake of the remake of the remake of the original. There was Invasion of the Body Snatchers in 1956, the remake of the same title in 1978, another little remembered remake, Body Snatchers, with Gabrielle Anwar in 1993 (still love Meg Tilly's "Where you gonna run? Where you gonna hide? There's no one like you left"...creepy), and now Invasion. Is there a cap on how many times a movie can be remade?

Aug 8 - 12:00 PM

Vortex&Vertigo

Joel Feliciano

you forgot the faculty.

Aug 8 - 03:56 PM

Bloody Mathias

Mathias N/A

What's with Nicole Kidman and all these pshycological horrors she's making?

Aug 8 - 07:44 AM

jmo2ski

Jimmy Moorer

I am getting tired of this psychological, ghost house, PG-13 crap. Can we just get a decent sex, drugs, partying, drinking, blood and guts, decapitations, young hot teen girls getting their legs, arms, abdomens cut off horror film?

Aug 8 - 09:29 AM

arendr

Arend Anton

Are you kidding? There aren't enough good psychological horror films out there. The blood and guts stuff is almost always garbage. Maybe you're not old enough to realize that true terror is psychological and not physical.

Aug 8 - 10:10 AM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

I think the blood and guts AND the new breed of psychological horror films are BOTH done way too much. Universal needs to go back to its roots and give us some updates to their classic creature features. I just watched the 20th anniversary edition of Monster Squad the other day and it was more fun and enjoyable than pretty much any horror film I've seen since at least Scream. The world is ready for Dracula in a tux again. Think Van Helsing only you know good.

Aug 8 - 01:17 PM

jmo2ski

Jimmy Moorer

No i am old enough to understand it, believe me the sixth sense scared the hell out of me, but i'm tired of it. We need something new here people. HOllywood wake your asses up

Aug 8 - 02:05 PM

GhostWatcherMovie

David Cross

Wow, this sounds exactly like a movie I wrote and directed for Lionsgate a few years ago. The security camera scene in the trailer for this Columbian film is right out of my movie. In mine, a woman is attacked on Halloween night and becomes agoraphobic, shutting herself into her apartment. When she finds out it's haunted, she starts to go nuts. I think I might need to contact a lawyer.

Aug 8 - 09:34 AM

~*Admiral Snowstorm*~

Dominique Amsterdam

The thing that made me laugh the hardest about this news is that the original movie appears to be Spanish. That tells me one thing and one thing only: Hollywood has run out of J-Horror to badly remake and is moving on now to watering down Spanish horror films. This is the birth of S-Horror, a genre we never noticed and never would have if America hadn't tried to Anglocize it, I imagine.

Aug 8 - 09:38 AM

Gimy

Gimy Moo

Admiral...we've already tapped into the Japanese horror movies...why NOT spanish? oooh...can't wait for canadian! "eh...whats that knife you're wielding all aboot??? eh...stabbing me isn't vey nice, lets be friends..." i didn't realize how many japananese movies we've ripped off until i went to da Busta and saw all these flicks(some with the EXACT same title) and were made years before the american ones. on one hand its cool because we get to see it in ENGLISH, but on the other hand its...just basically mooching off somebody ELSE's idea. i'm half half on the whole remake/redo/rehash thing. really depends on the execution. Kidman hasn't entertained me since i saw Eyes Wide Shut(hurray for b33bies!). the Others was decent though

Aug 8 - 09:57 AM

Aug 8 - 03:56 PM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

Aug 8 - 01:17 PM

Albert

Alberto De la Hoz

I'm Colombian, and even though we do 5 movies a year and we feel proud of them no matter their flaws, I HATED "Al final del espectro". What Kidman saw in this J-Horror wannabe piece of trash I don't know. Somebody should remake "El Colombian Dream", "Satanás", "Rosario Tijeras" or "Bluff". Now those are good movies.

Aug 8 - 01:34 PM

jmo2ski

Jimmy Moorer

Aug 8 - 02:05 PM

JUDGE DREDD

idle one kenobi

Nicole Kidman in a Horror movie??? hmmm??? Bewitched- 2 ????

Aug 8 - 02:11 PM

arendr

Arend Anton

She already made "The Others" which is sort of a thriller/horror.

Aug 8 - 03:12 PM

Joe

Joe Joe

And The Others is directed by a spanish director called Alejandro Amendabar, wich sold the rights of his prewies movie, 'Abra los ojos' to Tom Cruise that remaked it as Vnilla Sky...
So, Nicole Kidman, spanish director, remake, and tom cr, I mean, fear, is all in the house....

Aug 15 - 11:45 AM

arendr

Arend Anton

She already made "The Others" which is sort of a thriller/horror.

Aug 8 - 03:12 PM