RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Invention of Lying and Gamer

Summary

Last week, we thought things might be looking better for home video releases, what with a few of the highest rated films coming out (the Golden Tomato winners for both Best Limited Release and Best Comedy, in fact). Unfortunately, it looks like it might just be business as usual again this week, as we've got a handful of releases that failed to gain much momentum with critics. Having said that, there are still a few noteworthy choices, so let's look ahead with a positive attitude and take a look at what's new on DVD and Blu-Ray. After all, it's only the third week of January! Back to Article

Comments

inactive user

Jared King

Worst Movie here: "Whiteout"

Best Movie here: "Boogie Nights"

"Che" might be interesting, if not overblown, and "Invention of Lying" should be funny, for as long as the premise allows it to be. So, I'm good.

Jan 18 - 09:30 PM

Jpeffer

Jake Peffer

The Invention of Lying wasn't even really set in a world where people told the truth. They told the truth yeah, but more often they just said whatever was on their mind and it didn't have anything to do with anything at all. It was still a decent comedy though.

Jan 18 - 10:17 PM

RamALamADingDong

That Guy

Gamer looked awful from the first preview. It looks good if you're into Jack Thompson's anti-video game stance and all the BS he spewed. But it looked insulting for someone like me, who lives on First Person Shooters. I mean come on, people actually killing other people for a game unlike shooting bits of data as we really do. That's straight out of a Wacko Jacko argument.

Nothing for me this week. I picked up 101 Dalmatians and Jungle Book (both the classic Disney versions) because the Disney Vault is supposed to lock those away. That'll keep me entertained until something interesting comes out.

Jan 18 - 10:47 PM

inactive user

Jared King

**** Jack Thompson. And anyone who agrees with him, like Hillary Clinton, Glenn Beck, and Phil McGraw.

And you've reminded me, I gotta get some of the Disney films before they go in "Vault", Which pisses me off! I have to get "101 Dalmations" and "Sleeping Beauty" by Febuary, or search for them in in the used section of Amazon. So, now I gotta give up meals for a week. Thanks Disney.

Jan 19 - 12:03 AM

inactive user

Jared King

Jan 19 - 12:03 AM

August M.

Agustin Macias

Nothing for me this week.

Jan 19 - 06:55 AM

Unbreakable Samurai

Unbreakable Samurai

I rather enjoyed Pandorum, and still need to checkout Che and Invention of Lying.

Jan 19 - 07:48 AM

Gimy

Gimy Moo

awesome week for rentals, i.e., movies that weren't worth seeing in the theater but can be enjoyed better at home. gamer, whiteout, lying, aces, pandorum. good times...good times...

Jan 19 - 09:24 AM

Taylor Betz

Taylor Betz

I'll Netflix Gamer on the count of it featuring my favorite (and now Golden Globe-winning) actor, Michael C. Hall. I'll also check out The Invention of Lying, love me some Gervais.

Jan 19 - 09:27 AM

jmathiau666

Johanan Mathiau

Kingdom of the spiders is a campy piece of classic crap.I would'nt buy it though despite my love for bad movies

Jan 19 - 09:56 AM

Throw An Onion

Joshua Mills

Anyone who appreciates Ricky Gervais humor in Extras, The Office, or even Ghost Town will be glad to know that more than likely he'll return to that style after the horrendous Invention of Lying. This film wasn't a comedy as much as it was Gervais attempting to make another Religulous. Bill Maher wasn't funny in his concept and Gervais is even less so. So please, for anyone who appreciates good comedy please don't encourage this type of garbage.

Jan 19 - 12:43 PM

Cvm s.

Cvm sheen

Hi, are you looking for an NSA or serious relationship with REAL cougars. Or maybe find a sugarmomma who can pay all your needs? ==:: Cougarster.Com ::== Dedicate to get REAL cougars, sugarmommas and cubs together. Join and find your date in 3 minutes. Just keep it real please!!~

Jan 28 - 03:44 AM