Ip Man

87% The Strain: Season 1
79% You're the Worst: Season 1

Ip Man Reviews

June 13, 2014
A historical martial arts pic from start to the finish!.. Yen added color to the film...
August 22, 2014
Great film! Finally seen it and didn't disappoint. Great representation of the Wing Chun Kung Fu philosophy, good story (though may not be fully historically accurate!), and great fight scenes. End fight could have been more full-on but can't complain!
Super JMan
August 13, 2014
I really didn't see a [problem with this film. No poor detail, fantastic fights, and a well-written story make this film one of the very few "perfect" movies I have seen.
August 21, 2012
A very deep film about Ip Man, trainer of Bruce Lee. Most martial arts films have a sour plot, but Ip Man is written well and the plot is just as interesting as the fighting.
Yanemy
August 5, 2014
The Kung Fu is as impressive as the baddies are one-dimensional. And if you happen to be a Chinese patriot, you're guaranteed to love Ip Man.
July 17, 2014
One of the coolest martial arts movie I have seen so far based on a true story! I didnt know he teached Bruce Lee for real! <----- just this fact makes this movie AWSOME =)...Loved it =)....
July 16, 2014
Entertaining and original.
July 8, 2014
Simply the best martial arts film I've seen. Love the riches to rags story line. The most realistic and exciting fight scenes of any movie I've seen. The acting and directing of the movie was really good overall.
July 2, 2014
The fight scenes are well choreographed and awesome to watch! This is the best martial arts film of all time!
May 27, 2014
Must See for Bruce Lee Fans!!!
May 14, 2014
The rare combination of excellent kung fu and a moving story, this film brings new perspective and depth to historical characters involved in a true culture clash.
The Tornado
January 3, 2014
Although not having enough character development, "Ip Man" provides plenty of well-choreographed kung fu action. The storyline is solid enough for this movie to be entertaining.
339z
May 1, 2014
wow ummmm just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is a great movie 2 watch......its got a good cast of actors/actressess throughout this movie......i think that Wong You-nam, Xiong Dailin, Fan Siu-Wong, Hiroyuki Ikeuchi, donnie yen, play good roles/parts throughout this movie......i think that the director of this action/adventure/drama movie had done a good job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie.......i think that Lynn Hung as Cheung Wing-sing as Ip Man's wife was great throughout this movie.......i think that this is such a really powerful drama movie 2 watch it is such a really sad movie 2 watch but its such a brilliant movie 2 watch........its got great fight scenes throughout this movie.......i think that donnie yen was brilliant throughout this movie as ip man throughout this movie.......its got a great soundtrack throughout this movie.......i think that this is such a brilliant martial arts movie 2 watch its got great fight scenes thorughout this movie........i think that this is such a brilliant movie 2 watch its got a great cast throughout this movie.....its got a good soundtrack throughout this movie i think that this is such a really powerful drama movie 2 watch its got a great cast throughout this movie........i think that this is such a really sad movie 2 watch as its a real-life story movie but its such a brilliant martial arts movie 2 watch......its 1 of the best martial arts movies i have ever watched its got a great cast throughout this movie.......its got a good soundtrack throughout this movie.....i think that this is such a really powerful drama movie 2 watch its such a really sad movie 2 watch its got a great cast throughout this movie its such a brilliant movie 2 watch.......
April 24, 2014
This will be known as classic Donnie Yen action. Gatling punch!
March 31, 2014
Ip Man(2008)
Starring:Donnie Yen,Hiroyuki Ikeuchi,Fan Slu-wong,XIong Dailin,Wong You-nam,Simon Yam,Lam Ka-tung,Calvin Cheng Kasing, and Chen Zhi Hul
Directed By:Wilson Yip
My Review
My friend better be happy that I finally saw this but i know for sure that he won't be happy with the rating. I wish that this film would have showed us some scenes were he is actually training the famous action all star himself Bruce Lee, that would have been cool and interesting to see what there relationship was like,that would have been cool. But instead we get stuff about the Japanese and Chinese which is suppose to be interesting but isn't .
Ip Man is well about, A genius of Wushu (or the Chinese martial arts school), Ip Man grew up in a China nearly ripped to pieces by racial hatred, nationalistic strife, and warfare. He rose like a phoenix above these ashes, however, courtesy of his participation in matches against various Wushu masters and kung fu warriors -- ultimately training martial arts icons such as Lee. This biopic from director Wilson Yip dramatizes Ip's life story.
I complained how the story was suppose to be interesting but isn't because well the pacing is slow which makes it un-fun to sit through for a while. But the choreography by Donnie Yen is awesome, when he was fighting I believed it and it was fast pace that it was ultra tons of bad-ass.
The unfortunate thing is that while there may be the awesomeness of Donnie Yen, the rest of the cast don't pull of good performances in their designated roles. I am going to Give this bad-ass martial artist know as Ip Man a three out of five.
FanBoyCritic
March 22, 2014
Ip Man(2008)
Directed By:Wilson Yip
My Review
March 6, 2014
A thoughtful, well scripted, non parody martial arts movie. It's a relief that a movie of this kind isn't relying entirely on it's visual spectacle (though that too is presented cleanly.) The pace of the events are all over the place, but again, mostly works because of its great writing.
December 15, 2013
Spectacular martial arts fights and choreography are able to mostly overcome a rather pedestrian inspirational story.
February 1, 2014
Ip Man is a beautifully choreographed and executed film that doesn't shy away from the true story with flowery content. Ip Man is a brutal look into the man that not only inspired a nation, but saved a culture. Ip Man is a modern masterpiece and a triumph of Asian cinema
Alex A
July 12, 2012
A bio-pic about Bruce Lee's master automatically will gain my attention, and thankfully I ran across this Kung Fu Masterpiece. Ip Man has some amazingly choreographed fight sequences, a good story, great characters, an epic musical score, surprising emotional layers with drama that finally works perfectly for a Martial Arts movie. Donnie Yen is aces as Ip Man, and alongside Enter The Dragon, Ip Man is my other favorite Martial Arts movie of all time.