17% Transcendence Apr 18

The Iron Giant Reviews

lolwhut
April 17, 2014
90%
A visually sensitive and emotionally resonant animated work.
moviesbewithyou2
April 15, 2014
A classic cartoon full of life. It covers many topics such as the realistic idea of the government tracking down the alien robot giant, and the E.T. like relationship with Hogarth and the giant. A great movie.
February 2, 2013
The story is about a giant alien robot falls into a small Maine town in 1958. A 9-year-old boy becomes fast friends with the machine, but soon the government arrives with the intent to destroy the machine at any cost. This movie was heartwarming and the animation was amazing and colorful to look at.
Jason Derfuss
Jason Derfuss

April 9, 2014
A flawless execution of a touchy subject involving the Red Scare and the cold war. This film is touching and heartbreaking along with being beautifully animated.
April 6, 2014
The last GREAT ink and paint film and it didn't even come from Disney. All hail Brad Bird!
April 5, 2014
Funny, clever, emotionally engaging and deep with a perfect pacing and a beautiful animation
March 27, 2014
Great way to close a millennium.
Dewl p.
March 25, 2014
The book of my childhood, and favourite was created again into my favourite movie.
March 14, 2014
One of the best animated films every released, the fiction is to a level where is is realistic. emotionally captivating
March 13, 2014
Beautiful animated movie!
February 22, 2014
Engaging, funny, well animated, it has a lot of fridge logic and even it is sad. Despite it was a box office bomb, this is easily one of the best movies of Brad Bird.
February 28, 2014
I always find this film so powerful. There is a touching, direct simplicity to it.
February 14, 2014
I rated this today because I was thinking about The Lego Movie and found that it's been getting similar ratings to The Iron Giant. Which is completely bewildering because nope. No no no. No no no no no. NO. Not even close. Lego in their 5 million lines of over-excitable talking does not have the depth or humanity of The Iron Giant, a character that spoke 5 lines in the entire movie.
March 3, 2006
This movie was so under marketed by Warner Brothers that it should've been a crime. I'm a grown ass man but I shed a tear at the end when the big lug said "Superman".
February 9, 2014
This was a beautiful film, the sort of honest thriller to which all kids (and adults) need exposure. Nothing sugar-coated, nothing inexplicable, with good writing and a priceless brick joke. Enjoy, and then enjoy again next week. And again the following.
January 31, 2014
completely amazing movie. great story, fantastic animation as it was released back in 1999.. most important is improved and built greatly based on the classic book..
March 5, 2013
my favorite movie of all time
February 6, 2014
An animated classic all on its own. The story and premise of the film blends well with the memorable characters, emotional complexity, and beautiful animation. The Iron Giant is not just an animated film, its a animation landmark and one of the most underrated movies of all time. Do not underestimate this cinematic work of art.
June 23, 2012
I love this epic animated movie! It will always stay with me and It made a Huge Impact on my life since I saw my first movie, Beauty and the Beast.
GT
January 25, 2014
The story, the score, the themes... Everything about The Iron Giant is beautiful. Age is not a factor when it comes to choosing one's own path - whether to be a hero or a villain - and it is also not a factor when it comes to enjoying this film.