The Weekly Ketchup: New Iron Man Photo, Superman Comings And Goings, New Bond Femme Fatale
Also, Cloverfield goodies and the first shots of Lost Boys 2: The Tribe.
This Week's Top News:
New Iron Man Photo Online!
The Dark Knight has been stealing all the superhero buzz lately, but Jon Favreau's Iron Man is still one of the most hotly anticipated movies of 2008 -- and look, here's another shot of Robert Downey Jr. in action to remind us why!
Bryan Singer, Brandon Routh Leaving Superman Returns Sequel?
Depending on what week it is, and which rumor you believe, Bryan Singer has either spent the last year and a half preparing to buckle down and get to work on the sequel to Superman Returns, or he's continually put it off in favor of other projects. Well, now we can add a new rumor to the list: Singer won't be directing the sequel at all.
First Shots of Corey Feldman in Lost Boys 2 Online
The movie that Corey Haim has been waiting 20 years to see is finally on its way!
New Cloverfield Stills, TV Spots, Production Notes Online
With a little over a week to go before Cloverfield reaches theaters, it's time for the hype machine to kick into high gear -- which is why you've got a whole bunch of new J.J. Abrams-produced monster-movie goodness to feast your eyes on this morning!
Olga Kurylenko Is Bond 22's Femme Fatale
Just days after the announcement of Gemma Arterton's casting stirred rumors that she was the new "Bond girl," Columbia Pictures has issued a statement introducing the world to Daniel Craig's leading lady for Bond 22: Ukrainian actress Olga Kurylenko, most recently seen in Hitman.
Robert Downey, Jr., as a rich guy with way too much time on his hands.
In Other News
- Karyn Kusama has been signed to direct Jennifer's Body, a comic thriller from writer Diablo Cody that will star Megan Fox.
- Paul Haggis is in negotiations to direct Ranger's Apprentice, the children's book series from Australian author John Flanagan recently acquired by United Artists for film adaptation.
- Skeet Ulrich has joined the cast of Screen Gems's thriller Armored, with Nimrod Antal directing and Matt Dillon, Laurence Fishburne, Jean Reno and Columbus Short starring.
- Michael Chiklis has joined Shia LaBeouf, Michelle Monaghan, Billy Bob Thornton and Rosario Dawson in the cast of Eagle Eye, a D.J. Caruso-directed thriller from DreamWorks.
- Kate Winslet has replaced Nicole Kidman in The Reader, due to Kidman's pregnancy.
- Max Von Sydow and Pete Postlethwaite have joined James Purefoy in the cast of Solomon Kane, the first epic of a planned trilogy adapted from the pulp novels of Robert E. Howard.
- Paul Bettany has joined Queen Latifah, Jennifer Hudson, Alicia Keys, Sophie Okonedo and Dakota Fanning in the cast of The Secret Life of Bees.
- Phillip Noyce has signed on to direct Scarlett Johansson in Mary Queen of Scots.
- Lionsgate has acquired North American distribution rights for the Conan the Barbarian film series, with the next installment slated for a 2009 release.
- Salma Hayek will star as the bearded lady opposite John C. Reilly in director Paul Weitz's horror-drama Cirque du Freak.
- Christian Bale is in negotiations to star opposite Johnny Depp in Michael Mann's upcoming crime drama Public Enemies.
Will she finally be unattractive in a film?
Around the Site:
- The Rotten Tomatoes
redesign Beta is open
to the public. Check it out and let us know what you think!
- Let's discuss some really good bad movies. Check out this week's Total Recall
- RT has a date with Edgar Wright. Check out this week's RT's Dinner and the Movies Interview.
- Juan Antonio Bayona and Sergio Sanchez discuss The Orphanage with RT. Find it here.