Iron Man is the Best-Reviewed Movie of 2008!
The Marvel adventure could be the best-reviewed superhero movie of all time.
Sure to be the first bona fide blockbuster of 2008, Iron Man already has its first crown to claim. The Marvel icon's inaugural foray onto the big screen is not only Certified Fresh and Rotten Tomatoes' best-reviewed film of the year so far -- it's also potentially one of the highest-rated superhero movies of all time.Paramount's Iron Man will kickstart the summer season when it opens nationwide this Friday, and tent poles don't get much bigger or better than this; as of today, Iron Man sits at 95 percent on the Tomatometer with 107 reviews counted. This puts the Jon Favreau pic in the number one spot among wide releases of 2008, with the concert documentary U2 3D (92 percent) and the Judd Apatow-produced comedy Forgetting Sarah Marshall (85 percent) in the two and three positions.
|Jon Favreau's directing history|
|Made (2001), 67 percent|
|Elf (2003), 83 percent|
|Zathura (2005), 76 percent|
Movie & TV News
Featured on RT
- The 10 Worst Christmas Day Releases of the Past 30 Years
- 7 Christmas Movies So Bad, They're Bad
- The Affair Season Finale: What Did Critics Think? [SPOILERS]
- Video: Orphan Black Season Three Teaser
- TV Talk: Starz Renews The Missing for Season Two
- Weekly Binge: Broad City
- RT Podcast: Ep. 085: The Newsroom Recap - 'What Kind of Day Has It Been' (SPOILERS)
- Where to See the Best TV Shows of Fall 2014
- Watching Series: We Revisit The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings Movies
- Hail Santa: 14 Comic Book Adaptations We Want to See