Iron Man is the Best-Reviewed Movie of 2008!
The Marvel adventure could be the best-reviewed superhero movie of all time.
Sure to be the first bona fide blockbuster of 2008, Iron Man already has its first crown to claim. The Marvel icon's inaugural foray onto the big screen is not only Certified Fresh and Rotten Tomatoes' best-reviewed film of the year so far -- it's also potentially one of the highest-rated superhero movies of all time.Paramount's Iron Man will kickstart the summer season when it opens nationwide this Friday, and tent poles don't get much bigger or better than this; as of today, Iron Man sits at 95 percent on the Tomatometer with 107 reviews counted. This puts the Jon Favreau pic in the number one spot among wide releases of 2008, with the concert documentary U2 3D (92 percent) and the Judd Apatow-produced comedy Forgetting Sarah Marshall (85 percent) in the two and three positions.
|Jon Favreau's directing history|
|Made (2001), 67 percent|
|Elf (2003), 83 percent|
|Zathura (2005), 76 percent|
Featured on RT
- RT Podcast: Ep. 057 - Rose McGowan's directorial debut and a challenge (0)
- Watch: The CW's Sizzle Reel for Fall TV (0)
- RT Podcast: Ep. 056 - Writer Jonathan Tropper discusses This is Where I Leave You (0)
- RT Podcast: Ep. 055 - New movies & TV, plus Liam Neeson & Kevin Smith interviews (0)
- First Look: Key & Peele's Big-Budget Alien Sketch (0)
- The 15 Most Eccentric TV Detectives (0)
- TV Talk: Darrell Hammond Is the New Announcer for SNL (0)
- RT Podcast: Ep. 054 - Hooray for Sci-Fi: Space Station 76's Jack Plotnik and Marisa Coughlan (0)
- Fall TV Preview: 5 Critics Weigh In On New Shows (0)
- Sneak Peek: A Very Special Outlander (0)