1. Mandarin twist, he's just a decoy. Guess what? Now that he's just a decoy, you'll never be able to have the real Mandarin in an Iron Man or Avengers movie. Killian rages, "I AM THE MANDARIN!". Good job, you've totally prevented an actual comic book villain from ever becoming an actual villain.
2. Bad guys = bad aim. Who trains these guys, really?
3. Opportunity to kill the heroes. Heroes get captured, especially Tony Stark, but all you do is zip tie him? Good God. Even Dr. Evil at least had frickin' sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their frickin' heads.
4. "House Party" Protocol. Yeah, let's save that for last when you could have used it earlier when it could have saved a lot of headache.
5. "Clean Slate" Protocol. Um... good thing all the bad guys were dead and gone, because if you blew up all your Iron Men suits just for a fireworks show and some of the bad guys actually survived, gg no re.
6. The entire "end plan" was to get the Vice President to become the President after killing the President. Why the Mandarin decoy and all that jazz about making a show of it? Just kill the President and have the Vice President become the President already who you have in your pocket to control. Jesus Christ. You're that intelligent to come up with a Think Tank, and that's all you come up with?
7. Tony Stark's mansion just got blown up, and a vital member of the Avenger's team is presumed dead. Nice to know members of his team, or even Nick Fury don't show up to check it out. Imagine, a villain going to kill the members of the Avengers one by one, you'd think someone might want to look into it.