List all the stupid things about the movie.

I'll start.

1. Mandarin twist, he's just a decoy. Guess what? Now that he's just a decoy, you'll never be able to have the real Mandarin in an Iron Man or Avengers movie. Killian rages, "I AM THE MANDARIN!". Good job, you've totally prevented an actual comic book villain from ever becoming an actual villain.
2. Bad guys = bad aim. Who trains these guys, really?
3. Opportunity to kill the heroes. Heroes get captured, especially Tony Stark, but all you do is zip tie him? Good God. Even Dr. Evil at least had frickin' sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their frickin' heads.
4. "House Party" Protocol. Yeah, let's save that for last when you could have used it earlier when it could have saved a lot of headache.
5. "Clean Slate" Protocol. Um... good thing all the bad guys were dead and gone, because if you blew up all your Iron Men suits just for a fireworks show and some of the bad guys actually survived, gg no re.
6. The entire "end plan" was to get the Vice President to become the President after killing the President. Why the Mandarin decoy and all that jazz about making a show of it? Just kill the President and have the Vice President become the President already who you have in your pocket to control. Jesus Christ. You're that intelligent to come up with a Think Tank, and that's all you come up with?
7. Tony Stark's mansion just got blown up, and a vital member of the Avenger's team is presumed dead. Nice to know members of his team, or even Nick Fury don't show up to check it out. Imagine, a villain going to kill the members of the Avengers one by one, you'd think someone might want to look into it.
El_Capitan
05-4-2013 08:08 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Magnus Grant

Magnus Grant

Here were my problems:

1. Tony Stark inviting the Mandarin over to his house for a confrontation and not even preparing for whatever massive attack that may come.
2. None of the Avengers are called up to help Tony against the Mandarin.
3. The subplot with the kid who helps Tony. When did Iron Man turn into a Macauley Culkin family film?
4. The Mandarin twist. Ben Kingsley as the Mandarin was very well built up to be the ultimate villain and then turned out to be an actor oblivious to the whole plan and played for comic relief. If the twist was darker like if he was actually a henchman for the real Mandarin, it would work much better. People then keep saying that 'oh but the Mandarin was a dumb villain anyway in the comic books'. This is a movie first, guys, and from the way they were building up the character, they were looking for an intimidating and cool villain. Also, whilst the first Iron Man had comedy in it, it knew not to become too excessive and balanced it out with the dramatic moments. Shane Black just decided to turn this into a 'How it Should've Ended' sketch.
5. The 'real' Mandarin has many opportunities to kill Tony but then just keeps him hostage for the sake of 'building up tension'.
6. Guy Pearce as the real Mandarin. Guy Pearce is a great actor and very talented but even he as the real villain of the film was poorly realized. Has no motivation and is defeated easily.
7. Adrich Killian shouting at Tony 'I am the Mandarin' and then getting his head bashed by Pepper Potts in a Three Stooges like routine. Is Shane Black is doing this on purpose?
8. Tony getting a heart transplant and removing the arc reactor. Why hasn't he done that before? And also, isn't the whole point that he had to live with that for most of his life and conveyed his growing concious as a person?
9. What was the point of the post-credits scene?

Aug 13 - 01:57 PM

Magnus Grant

Magnus Grant

Here were my problems:

1. Tony Stark inviting the Mandarin over to his house for a confrontation and not even preparing for whatever massive attack that may come.
2. None of the Avengers are called up to help Tony against the Mandarin.
3. The subplot with the kid who helps Tony. When did Iron Man turn into a Macauley Culkin family film?
4. The Mandarin twist. Ben Kingsley as the Mandarin was ver ywell built up to be the ultimate villain and then turned out to be an actor oblivious to the whole plan and played for comic relief. If the twist was darker like if he was actually a henchman for the real Mandarin, it would work much better. People then keep saying that 'oh but the Mandarin was a dumb villain anyway in the comic books'. This is a movie and from the way they were building up the character, they were looking for an intimidating and cool villain. Also, whilst the Iron Man had comedy in it, it knew not to become too excessive and balanced it out with the dramatic moments. Shane Black just decided to turn this into a 'How it Should've Ended' sketch.
5. The 'real' Mandarin has many opportunities to kill Tony but then just keeps him hostage for the sake of 'building up tension'.
6. Guy Pearce as the real Mandarin. Guy Pearce is a great actor and very talented but even he as the real villain of the film was poorly realized. Has no motivation and is defeated easily.
7. Adrich Killian shouting at Tony 'I am the Mandarin' and then getting his head bashed by Pepper Potts in a Three Stooges like routine. Is Shane Black is doing this on purpose?
8. Tony getting a heart transplant and removing the arc reactor. Why hasn't he done that before? And also, isn't the whole point that he had to live with that for most of his life and conveyed his growing concious as a person?
9. What was the point of the post-credits scene?

Aug 13 - 01:55 PM

Nicholas Moody

Nicholas Moody

The stupidest thing about this movie is you hating it

May 22 - 06:21 PM

Brad Gladfelter

Brad Gladfelter

What's funny is that only days before Iron Man 3 released to the public they had an interview with Robert Downey Jr. that basically kissed his butt for showing up and at one point he said, "He loves rottentomatoes.com"....you know he got paid for the interview...then only prior to that Disney/Pixar bought the rights to Rottentomatoes.com...by milking the appropriate people who regularly go to that site and are "regular reviewers" the percentage who liked it was already skewed to 99% liked just on the day of opening night!!!!....see what I'm getting at people...I am not a journalist or a media professional but anyone can see they used the media to "trick" people into thinking it was a good movie...I wouldn't have given this movie anything but 2 1/2 stars for simply being part of the Iron Man and Marvel trilogy....all those complaining it was a good movie are tricked by their media manipulation...I say every media person should be ashamed of the way they handled this and there should definitely be legal action for misrepresentation along the Disney, Rotten Tomatoes, and media involved....very disgusted by this still!!!!

P.S...I'm not a Marvel fanboy, liked all the marvel movies so far short of X-Men 3: The Last Stand (although I'm hoping the new Days of Future Past will make since of this, in which case I would like that too)...only a person who loves movies and takes seriously people who do reviews a dishonor by saying it was good...nothing short of a terrible film only kept afloat by good actors

May 22 - 12:27 PM

bagusagara j.

bagusagara junaedi

When Igor is shown for the first time in the movie, the suit heads over to one of the crane's legs and stays under it to keep it from falling down but the crane doesn't fall down after all the suits have self destructed.

May 20 - 10:04 PM

Jeffrey Gordon

Jeffrey Gordon

You mean the hulkbuster?

May 21 - 08:47 PM

Ojany Molina

Ojany Molina

It's called the IRGOR!!!

Jun 23 - 02:46 PM

Ojany Molina

Ojany Molina

It's called the IGOR!

Jun 23 - 02:46 PM

Pat ChalupaBatman

Pat ChalupaBatman

More delicious obsessive nerd butthurt. lol.

Should be concentrating on stalking that girl that won't screw you.

Ever.

May 20 - 02:13 AM

El_Capitan

El_ Capitan

More delicious obsessive troll throathurt, lol.

Should be concentrating on stalking that guy that won't facefuck you.

Ever.

May 20 - 08:23 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

you're an idiot

May 20 - 07:36 PM

Shaun D.

Steven Harris

While the Extremis Soldiers can heat up metal to near liquid states, their clothing remains completely unaffected.

May 19 - 12:48 AM

Jonathan Lowe

Jonathan Lowe

And their HAIR.. Didn't hit me til much later.

May 21 - 09:03 PM

Rotten R.

Rotten Rotter

This is one of the most idiotic movies I've seen -- on a par with inception. Moronic beyond belief. If it weren't for all the movie-studio sock-puppets voting for it, I can't imagine this having decent ratings.

May 18 - 11:54 PM

Ocram Immorto

Ocram Immorto

Hey, take that back about Inception.

May 19 - 05:30 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

so true. Inception was great. This movie was crap

May 20 - 07:37 PM

Anton K.

Anton Kebb

8. An awesome new technology exists to regenerate limbs, which could save thousands of human lives, but not a single character notices the potential benefit for humanity. Instead, the invention is only used by maniacal evil minds with no objective plan.
9. It's an Iron Man film, but you won't actually get one good scene in which the armor works properly.

May 18 - 11:11 PM

Anton K.

Anton Kebb

10. Uninspired action movie writing in which the story ends with a fight against the 'final boss' in a warehouse or on a dock, somewhere in a desolated industrial area. The most common cliché in the genre.

May 19 - 12:30 AM

bagusagara j.

bagusagara junaedi

-When Igor is shown for the first time in the movie, the suit heads over to one of the crane's legs and stays under it to keep it from falling down but the crane doesn't fall down after all the suits have self destructed.
-don't forget when Rhodes wearing a green polo shirt and jeans on? national missions

May 18 - 09:00 PM

bagusagara j.

bagusagara junaedi

1. When Igor is shown for the first time in the movie, the suit heads over to one of the crane's legs and stays under it to keep it from falling down but the crane doesn't fall down after all the suits have self destructed
2. don't forget when Rhodes wearing a green polo shirt and jeans on? national missions

May 18 - 08:59 PM

bagusagara j.

bagusagara junaedi

1. When Igor is shown for the first time in the movie, the suit heads over to one of the crane's legs and stays under it to keep it from falling down but the crane doesn't fall down after all the suits have self destructed
2. don't forget when Rhodes wearing a green polo shirt and jeans on? national missions

May 18 - 08:58 PM

Nick M.

Nick Mullins

All the stupid things?
1.there weren't any
2. It was awesome

May 10 - 06:49 PM

Fede Sanchez

Fede Sanchez

Well i imagined Tony would improve the Extremis Issue and ende Up with a Mk 43/47 in the end to kick ass! but hey nevermind here's SuperPotts to save the day! ¬¬

May 10 - 01:09 PM

Daniel Jasse

Daniel Jasse

All theses top critics giving it great reviews makes me laugh, it's not a good film whichever way you look at, poorly constructed and for the most part poorly acted. Iron man 1 is a masterpiece compared to this movie and even the 2nd one is much better, catch it at home to be less disappointed!

May 10 - 11:24 AM

Anatoli Ossai

Anatoli Ossai

Waah waah waah, only my opinion matters, all these critics that review movies professionally are wrong, anyone that says otherwise can suck a lemon......wow, grow up

May 10 - 06:44 PM

Bo H.

Bo Hotchkiss

One's own opinion is all that should matter when observing any form of art. Good, bad, serious, or whatever. That's how art forms work. You view it, think about it, have a feeling & opinion on it.

May 13 - 08:24 AM

Rotten R.

Rotten Rotter

+1 I loved IM1 and IM2. This one is pure garbage from start to finish.

May 18 - 11:55 PM

Clementine F.

Clementine Fox

Agree with IM and IM2 being way better than the very dumb IM3. Even RDJ gives a performance below his standard in IM3. The writing and the jokes are very lame and mostly not witty at all. So many things were not well thought through story wise. So strange that Shane Black, who wrote and directed Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, one of the most clever and most funny movies ever couldn't make this movie work at all.

May 22 - 12:21 AM

Daniel Jasse

Daniel Jasse

It's cak! Full stop

May 10 - 11:19 AM

Brad Diggory

Brad Diggory

I realise you keep going on about 'how did the suit run out of power if it runs off the arc reactor'. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I assumed the arc reactor only powered the initial suits, seeing as the War Machine/Iron Patriot suit is clearly powered without the use of one (unless of course Rhodey had an arc reactor we were all unaware of). It wouldn't really make sense to have all his suits powered by the reactor when they could just as easily be powered while he's not wearing them, especially considering he now has 42 suits. ow would they charge? It's not as if he's just gotta sit around at home and variate putting suits on throughout the day just to charge them. Again, I could be mistaken.

May 10 - 08:12 AM

William Yaris

William Yaris

But why would he ever logically make them incapable of being powered by the arc? I mean, really, sure, give them all batteries and charge them up, great, but why would he ever disable their ability to use the reactor he always has with him? Its like saying "I could give them all battery power and still have the one I'm wearing never run out, but why would I want to do that?"

May 21 - 07:12 PM

Sleshie

Sleshie Man

lets list all the stupid things El_Capitan says:
Everything
Movies are meant to be entertaining dipshit, not bloody strick adaptations.
look at judge dredd. fan boys loved (like yourself) and it was a big flop. now there will be no follow up to that movie.
the general audience is what matters not fanboys.

May 10 - 07:02 AM

Josh Oakes

Josh Oakes

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3287/2782415909_e6f47bd486_o.gif

May 10 - 01:24 PM

Josh Oakes

Josh Oakes

Bravo

May 10 - 01:24 PM

El_Capitan

El_ Capitan

You watched Judge Dredd, 'nuff said. Memorable words from the mindless ADD cellphone twitter generation that don't know how to spell.

May 18 - 06:01 PM

Phillip H.

Phillip Hon

1. The movie universe of Marvel doesn't follow any set lore exactly. Its like a mashup of the 616 (regular universe) and the Ultimate universe. Like Nick Fury in the regular comics is white, Nick Fury in the Ultimate Universe is black (and looked exactly like Samuel L.). They fuck around with whatever they like.

2. If you can that much about cinema sins, Tony should of died back in Iron Man 1 When they all shot at him when he was leaving the cave. One of those bullets had to of gotten into the eye socket.

3. Cinema sins ^ its a movie, technically he should of died when crashing headfirst into the sands in Iron Man 1 because of the laws of physics.

4. The rest of the suits were stuck under rubble and there were people cleaning above the house. They couldn't of blasted their way out or else the suits could of been trapped further. Or they may of killed the workers above them. In the movie's defense Tony does ask Jarvis a couple times when it was ready.

5. The whole theme of the movie was to ask if the man makes the suit, or the suit makes the man. Tony proved that by the end of the movie showing that he can do just as much without the suit, that he is Iron Man no matter what. Also, he made all of the extra suits for the fears of being weak in a universe of Aliens and gods. It was getting in the way of his personal life with his wife(?) Pepper. He overcame his suits and didn't need them anymore. It could also be seen as a farewell message from RDJ to his role of Tony Stark.

6. He wanted both sides of the coin, to create terrorism on one side and give America what the wanted (their daily dose of fear), and pocket the profits through US retaliation on the other hand.

7. I could be wrong but I think Shield is a private entity that works with the government. And deal with extraterrestrial shit. Terrorism is supposed to be government business. And honestly I'm glad there's no overload of Avengers in the movie, then it wouldn't be a standalone movie. Hoped it helped.

Twist worked: Since AIM and Killian was behind The Mandarin and his Ten Rings and the organization was not really a Muslim Fundamentalist group, Killian was the one that helped capture Tony in Iron Man 1 and released Whiplash in Iron Man 2. It actually ties the whole series together because it shows how he's been working against Tony since the start.

Also, its preference but making a fool out of the face of the Mandarin is subjective. I thought it was funny as hell, though I don't care for the comics.

May 9 - 10:22 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

Your first statement is wrong, because in the comics he's white because he has a human suit on. He's actually black in the comics

May 9 - 10:44 PM

Jonny Claveria

Jonny Claveria

No, Ultimate Comics Nick Fury is black while 616 is white. However, he did wear a camo that made him look white, while he went under the name "Scorpio." I go to my comic store every Wednesday, so I'm pretty up to date on this stuff.

May 10 - 04:54 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

I forgot about that. It was in a game that stated that. In the ultimate comics they made him black because they tried to symbolize nick after Samuel l Jackson.

May 10 - 12:17 PM

Joshua Morris

Joshua Morris

Why do super heroes always have a women to get in the way and make them stop being super heroes? Nothing is more degrading to strong women and fans of various super heroes then watching them get domesticated by a damsel. Oh Gee Aliens might come back, I'm gonna build a bunch of suits in hopes of combating them... until my girlfriend says she doesn't like that so i'll blow them up. It makes no sense and isn't fair to Women actresses representing "Strong" women.

May 9 - 07:53 PM

Anatoli Ossai

Anatoli Ossai

I don't know about always. And there are plenty of strong female heroes in the marvel universe. The recurring theme of the nuturing female figure in the lives of males supers is usually one to provide balance and direction. Pepper is no exception; she's no superhero but she supports Tony and knows him inside out. Tony's affection is what puts her in harms way, not because she's a woman. Villains usually don't have this problem/moral compass

May 10 - 06:53 PM

Jonny Claveria

Jonny Claveria

Has anyone ever read Ultimate Comics Iron Man? AIM in this movie is very similar to the Ultimate Mandarin which is just an organization, instead a Chinese man who has cosmic powers from his rings. Aldrich Killian in the movie is the leader of the AIM organization, while the "Mandarin" is merely a face. I compare this Mandarin to Ultimate Comics, but that's just me. ALL Marvel movies are based on Ultimate, so, though by 616 standards it's horribly done. it's actually not all that inaccurate.

Mark Millar, writer of the Ultimates has even stated that the Iron Man movies were inspired by Ultimate. However, there are elements from 616.
The more you know about comics, the more you can understand.

May 9 - 04:23 PM

Tony Stark

sam varma

there is one certain thing i would like to point out-

when tony self destructed all suits, shouldnt the entire place pepper and tony were standing on fall down? because the hulkbuster or igor was holding the entire place if you remember

May 9 - 03:48 AM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

The twist, the twist, the twist, the twist, the twist...also the extreme humor in this movie

May 8 - 06:50 PM

Landon McCullough

Landon McCullough

Why won't people understand that this is an IRON MAN movie. Avengers aren't supposed to show up to help. That would make it "Iron Man and 'Insert Avenger Here'. People came to see Iron Man and you're disappointed that Captain America or one of the others wasn't in it?

May 8 - 01:00 PM

El_Capitan

El_ Capitan

Yeah, because S.H.I.E.L.D members were in, and took tabs on every Avengers member in their own movie, not to mention Nick Fury, Black Widow, and Phil Coulson in Iron Man and Iron Man 2.

May 8 - 01:53 PM

Eshwari Vasuthewan

Eshwari Vasuthewan

Look, it's a movie and it's entertainment and I don't want to nitpick but it's got to make some sense! Of course it's an Iron Man movie, but they're constantly referring to the bloody 'alien invasion of New York' so where the hell is SHIELD? This is the guy that helped save the world, and in his time of need, what he doesn't even rate a wreath from SHIELD?
You realise, SHIELD (Coulson and Fury) were introduced in Iron Man 1, Widow in Iron Man 2 and let's not forget, Howard Stark was a founding member...hmmm...SHIELD is an integral of the Iron Man backstory. Leaving it out is just stupid!

May 22 - 08:16 AM

Mr k.

Mr khan

most of these are not even your own opinion. just a stupid sheep following the herd

May 7 - 01:18 PM

El_Capitan

El_ Capitan

These are my opinion, look at the date of my post, look at other topics, and most of these are not even mentioned except for the "twist", but none covers that the Mandarin will never appear in a comic book movie at least in this "universe timeline" without trying to cover the plot holes.

Go sell crazy someplace else.

May 8 - 05:42 AM

Bo H.

Bo Hotchkiss

Originality is all but impossible. Someone somewhere will feel the same way as you on any particular topic. Example: you're not the only one who's said "you're just following the herd" jargon.

May 8 - 12:25 PM

Hunter Primm

Hunter Primm

EVERYONE says the plot twist because they want to be with the crowd. If they don't, they get bombarded with haters. He technically qualifies with being "another sheep in the herd."

May 9 - 06:05 PM

El_Capitan

El_ Capitan

One of the most powerful thing Killian had, was being able to take control over all the airwaves, satellites, and cables to broadcast whatever he wanted, when he wanted. How, exactly? You could do so many things with that power, and what you end up with is a Mandarin decoy? Why ask for funding from military contracts or Pepper Pots? That right there makes you the richest and most powerful man in the world even if you didn't have super powers.

May 6 - 11:40 PM

El_Capitan

El_ Capitan

One of the most powerful thing Killian had, was being able to take control over all the airwaves, satellites, and cables to broadcast whatever he wanted, when he wanted. How, exactly? You could do so many things with that power, and what you end up with is a Mandarin decoy? Why ask for funding from military contracts or Pepper Pots? That right there makes you the richest and most powerful man in the world even if you didn't have super powers.

May 6 - 11:40 PM

El_Capitan

El_ Capitan

The MK42 suit runs out of power, but there's nothing wrong with Tony's Arc Reactor. He leaves his suit to "charge" back up while he goes investigating. Not sure how he charged it up, but if the Arc Reactor is what powers the suits, seems kind of stupid to have them charging up with something less powerful... and that the suit needs to be recharged and not be powered by his Arc Reactor.

May 6 - 11:10 PM

Bazooka Jew

Bazooka Jew

I think you're putting too much thought into a movie. It seems people no longer watch movies for enjoyment, but to find all the things wrong with it.

May 6 - 11:13 PM

El_Capitan

El_ Capitan

It's hard to enjoy a movie when you can't put any thought into it. I don't mind that you'll watch a stupid movie for enjoyment (there's plenty of good stupid movies), but the thread here is that there's a stupid things in the movie, and it was trying really hard not to be stupid.

May 6 - 11:21 PM

Bazooka Jew

Bazooka Jew

I have to say that even some of the best films will unravel when you really think about them.

The only thing that rubbed me the wrong way was the shrapnel being removed at the end. But otherwise, nothing really bothered me.

By the way, didn't mean come off as argumentative.

May 6 - 11:28 PM

Bo H.

Bo Hotchkiss

I don't want to watch a movie in which the writers & director intended for me to sit there like a sack of potatoes & NOT think the whole time. Lemme guess, you thought 2001: A space odyssey was just neat. "Too much thought into a movie." That's right folks, lets just get rid of all art in the world cuz thinkin' hurts brains. I hate people who prefer life to involve LESS thinking.

May 7 - 10:31 AM

Bazooka Jew

Bazooka Jew

Don't make idiotic assumptions about me. I'd appreciate it. Cunt.

May 7 - 10:55 AM

Bazooka Jew

Bazooka Jew

Where did I say thinking hurts brains? What an asinine post. And I hate people who make assumptions about others when they have no basis to. Cunt.

May 7 - 11:01 AM

Bazooka Jew

Bazooka Jew

The reason I made that first post was because, quite frankly, I'm tired of going to a movie forum and seeing numerous "plot hole" threads. People need to get over themselves that movies aren't perfect. There are going to be lapses in logic and other errors. I'm not sure you're aware, but nearly every movie has these problems. Even films considered "classics".

May 7 - 11:14 AM

Bo H.

Bo Hotchkiss

I didn't say you said that exactly. Notice I didn't put quotation marks on that part. Do you know how quotes work? See, what I did there is quote something you said, then go off about my opinion on it & how I feel about it. No assumptions about it. It's an opinion. Cunt.

May 7 - 11:10 AM

Bazooka Jew

Bazooka Jew

The reason I made that first post was because, quite frankly, I'm tired of going to a movie forum and seeing numerous "plot hole" threads. People need to get over themselves that movies aren't perfect. There are going to be lapses in logic and other errors. I'm not sure you're aware, but nearly every movie has these problems. Even films considered "classics".

May 7 - 11:14 AM

Bazooka Jew

Bazooka Jew

By the way, I apologize for calling you a cunt. I've been in a rotten mood this morning. I'm all up for debate, and I usually refrain from name-calling.

May 7 - 11:29 AM

Bo H.

Bo Hotchkiss

Certain holes in movies are acceptable. Like the ones that are done just to get from point A to B (I literally mean transit, not plot point A to B). Or eating & pooping. Everybody needs to do both, but nobody cares if you leave that out. The holes in this movie were far too frequent & left me bored & feeling like I wasted my money. To me, that's not acceptable to be considered an enjoyable movie. I feel no need to like something based on anything other than my own standards. Society & their broad-sweeping acceptance of mediocrity & banality does not sway my opinion in the slightest bit.

May 7 - 11:43 AM

Bazooka Jew

Bazooka Jew

Well, I guess I accept mediocrity and banality, because I enjoyed this film quite a bit. Maybe in repeat viewings these things might begin to bother me, but I was too busy laughing and having a good time to really notice some of the issues that yourself and others pointed out.

I don't disagree with you. These things you've brought up make sense. I guess I just have an ability to switch off and enjoy good humor and fun action, and not notice these holes. I didn't go to Iron Man for high art.

May 7 - 01:29 PM

El_Capitan

El_ Capitan

I don't think anyone went to see Iron Man 3 expecting high art. That's what people seem to think when people complain about the stupidity of this movie.

What people expected, was a comic book level storyline, in a comic book superhero movie. If you don't read any comic books, I suggest you do. Every introduction of a villain, has some reason or cause, which is found in continued episodes. They are usually well thought out, and there aren't very many plot holes, and themes are very consistent.

Think about Killian as a villain. He becomes wealthy and powerful, but wants revenge because he got stood up by a billionaire on New Years 2000. Wow, that's such a powerful incentive to wreak vengeance upon the world.

Please...

May 7 - 01:59 PM

Bazooka Jew

Bazooka Jew

I never read the comics. Maybe I'll start to.

May 7 - 02:30 PM

Anatoli Ossai

Anatoli Ossai

You can suspend belief for an arc reactor, extremis armour a fire breathing villain and telepathically controlled combat suits but how its charged is where you draw the line?! seriously?!

May 10 - 06:31 PM

Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee

1. Mandarin is a drug addicted alcholic who likes have threesomes.
2. Tony Stark removes the dangerous metal shrapnel just like that?
3. Nobody seemed to really care that Tony Stark's mansion was bombed and he was assumed dead.
4. What was Killian's motivation? Was he just mad that Tony Stark turned him down in favor of a hot brunnet? Did he just have a crush on Pepper? He could have just killed Tony Stark when he captured him, why didn't he?
5. TREVOR?!?!

May 6 - 07:48 PM

Mike Indgin

Mike Indgin

He didn't kill Stark because he needed him to work on the bio serum after he killed the cute brunette who was in Vicky Christina Barcelona.

May 6 - 11:00 PM

Bo H.

Bo Hotchkiss

LOL! Enjoyed your reply.

May 7 - 10:28 AM

Bo H.

Bo Hotchkiss

1. Antagonist's plot is either ridiculously precognitive & Aldrich just knew literally everything that would happen, OR it was just stupid contradiction.
I'll demonstrate what I mean as Aldrich Killian: Here is my plan...
First, what's my goal? Make Extremis the perfection I dreamt it to be. How do I get there? Well, Tony Stark figured out how to perfect it one night when he was drunk. So I'll need him. Side mission: get Pepper Potts all to myself.
Ok, so Step 1: Kill Tony Stark & Pepper Potts in his house. Tell helicopter d00dz to be sure & stick around to make sure he's dead.
Step 2: Kill myself because I apparently am actually "Opposite-Man" & that's the only logical end to Opposite-Man.
Step 3: I'm dead now.
END.
C'mon folks. This was just plain stupid & a waste of time & money.

May 6 - 09:45 AM

Caleb Paasche

Caleb Paasche

8. So if Aldrich Killian and his group can regenerate limbs and such, why does that make them heat up at will? How do those two things connect at all?

May 6 - 09:07 AM

Mike Indgin

Mike Indgin

the heating was the side effect she couldn't control. Sometimes it was in control, sometimes not.

May 6 - 11:01 PM

James Parker

James Parker

1. Stop crying people, please.
2. See every movie ever made.
3. See every movie ever made.
4. Jarvis was off-line.
5. If you really wanna get technical, how do you know that Stark didnt know all the bad guys were dead? Plus, Iron Patriot was just a phone call away.
6. Again, your getting real technical, but it would make sense for it to be made a show of, that way the American people would have a reason to Rally behind the Vice President. "Oh, the president just died randomly. We found his body in a cave with a bullet lodged in his head. I'm your new president!" hmm... Sounds sketchy right?
7. They are the Avengers. Im sure they have a way to keep tabs on Tony.

You skipped over a few that i had.
1. Was there ever a mention of the kids mother? He has a sister who we never saw, and I think he said something about his mom but I cant remember. That was confusing.
2. For some reason, when everyone one else puts on the Iron man or war machine suit, they just know how to use it. Everyone, except the president? He just hung there like a dead fish.
3. I always wondered why it hasn't happened yet, and ow that it did, i don't think I like it much. But does Tony ever get his Chest piece taken out in the comics?
4. The scene when Killian killed Maya Hansen. It sounded like she was saying something to the effect that, if she died, they all would die, or overheat, or something. Then, Blam, She is dead. I know she was an intricate piece to the Extremis storyline, but she really had very little purpose in the film.

May 6 - 09:01 AM

Connor Wallace

Connor Wallace

in regards to your number 2 - Though they didn't do a great job sticking to this point. Those suits are suppose to not be able to be used by other people. I assume that Killian was able to fly Iron Patriot because he helped with the upgrades. As for when pepper was able to use part of the suit to blow up killian, i am still unsure.

May 6 - 11:35 AM

James Parker

James Parker

In Iron Man 2 when Rhodey put on the war machine suit, i was able to use it perfectly. I GUESS we can just assume Tony taught him to use it, even though Rhody said, "the less i know the better!" in the first one.
But that wasn't Killian in the suit. Taht was the bald dude with extremis. So, i mean, i GUESS you can say Killian taught him to use it too? I don't know. Seems slippery.

May 6 - 01:30 PM

Eshwari Vasuthewan

Eshwari Vasuthewan

Here's the thing, the Iron Patriot software was designed by AIM (Killian's think tank-which didn't do a lot of thinking quite frankly). So it makes sense that the bald dude (Savin?) could use it, being a part of AIM and all. So presumably the President couldn't use it because he was locked out of it? But then how could Rhodey use it again? And if AIM designed the bloody software, why couldn't they get Rhodey out of the suit without the whole fire breathing dragon act? The plot holes in this movie defy even the most far-reaching wishful thinking.

May 22 - 07:03 PM

Connor Wallace

Connor Wallace

in regards to your number 2 - Though they didn't do a great job sticking to this point. Those suits are suppose to not be able to be used by other people. I assume that Killian was able to fly Iron Patriot because he helped with the upgrades. As for when pepper was able to use part of the suit to blow up killian, i am still unsure.

May 6 - 11:35 AM

El_Capitan

El_ Capitan

4. Again, Jarvis was only offline when he was in Tennessee, when his MK42 ran out of power. How does a suit that is supposed to run off his Arc Reactor run out of power, especially when nothing is wrong with his Arc Reactor?

5. What's Tony going to call Iron Patriot with, a cell phone that survived through all that fighting? Oh wait, he'd just call Iron Patriot with one of his suits. Oh wait...

6. Killian could control all the airwaves, satellites, and cables in the world. I'd say think about it some more, but something inside your head might snap.

May 6 - 11:17 PM

James Parker

James Parker

4. So, was MK42 running off tonys arc reactor when pepper was wearing it? Think about that again. It was a prototype, ran off another power source.

5. So, your saying that through all of that fighting a cell phone couldn't have survived. Is that REALLY what your basing this point off? Come on bro.

6. Ok, i really hate to questions ones knowledge. But it sounds to me that you are assuming that, if his plan worked, Killian would control EVERYTHING over the world because he owned the president? Not only does the president not currently control all of that in the USA. But you say he would control all of them ALL OVER THE WORLD? Oh... Ok.

May 8 - 02:46 PM

El_Capitan

El_ Capitan

Lol, your anger and lack of reason and imagination amuses me.

May 8 - 03:07 PM

James Parker

James Parker

You use the same logic in guessing that i am angry, that you used to assume that if tony had a phone it would have been destroyed.

May 9 - 08:35 AM

Aaron Lomas

Aaron Lomas

I had to confirm this with my wife. Was Killian in the Iron Patriot suit when he attacked Air Force One? If the answer is YES, then how did the BALD HENCHMAN get there in the first place?

May 6 - 08:19 AM

El_Capitan

El_ Capitan

No, the bald henchman was in the Iron Patriot, not Killian. The bald henchman put the President in the Iron Patriot to deliver him to Killian.

May 6 - 11:35 PM

Aaron Lomas

Aaron Lomas

That DOES make sense but I SWEAR I saw Guy Pearce's face in the Iron Patriot suit when he was on Air Force One, My wife agreed she saw his face as well...

May 10 - 10:46 AM

Christian Kneier

Christian Kneier

1. enough,we get it already!

2. the galatic empire

4.he coudent summon them because they where buried and jarvis was offline...pay some attention when you watch a movie...

5.he did it to show pepper that they wont stand between them anymore,again,pay attention

7. the only point i agree with

May 6 - 06:15 AM

Tony Stark

sam varma

me too

May 6 - 07:11 AM

El_Capitan

El_ Capitan

You should pay some attention yourself.

1. Jarvis was only offline when he reached Tennessee and the Prototype suit ran out of power, which is interesting, since the arc reactor is what powers his suits, and there wasn't any problem with his arc reactor.

2. Yeah, I understand he did it for Pepper, it's still a stupid thing to do.

May 6 - 11:05 PM

Adrian Cepero

Adrian Cepero

4. He could have summoned them when the helicopters first attacked!

May 9 - 09:07 PM

??????? ????????

??????? ????????

SERIOUSLY!? You took the machine out of Tony's CHEST!!! WHO DOES THAT!??
Oh yeah, lets turn Peper into a super hero, destroy all the suits, take the thing out of his chest, screw the legend of Ironman. Well guess what, THE SUIT DOES MAKE THE HERO. I was glad for a moment when they tried to kill Peper, i thought the movie was going to have a serious ending... crap. I totally expected it. No surprise whatsoever. Ironman 1 was a jewel, 2 was not bad... but 3... how stupid do you think we are exactly? Pepper- oni with extra Cheese please!!!

May 6 - 05:34 AM

Duncan Moseley

Duncan Moseley

Let's set one thing straight: THIS IS NOT THE COMIC BOOK IRON MAN. This is a completely new universe. Just because it happened one way in the comics does not mean it will happen the same way here.

May 8 - 11:18 PM

Anatoli Ossai

Anatoli Ossai

They think you're probably pretty dumb if you assume think they'd lift every facet of the comics to the screen. The first goal is to a make a good movie and throwing in easter eggs for the fans is a side treat. They can do whatever they want with the characters

May 10 - 06:39 PM

Tony Stark

sam varma

there is one certain thing i would like to point out-

when tony self destructed all suits, shouldnt the entire place pepper and tony were standing on fall down? because the hulkbuster or igor was holding the entire place if you remember

May 6 - 02:08 AM

El_Capitan

El_ Capitan

Good one. They also didn't show him exploding.

May 6 - 11:50 PM

Tony Stark

sam varma

thanks

May 9 - 03:47 AM

Tony Stark

sam varma

agree with 7

May 6 - 02:05 AM

Krisha Tongco

Krisha Tongco

10. If it was possible to remove the shrapnel from his chest, why didn't he have his arc reactor removed earlier?

Haha. Yeah. Liked the movie though :)

May 5 - 04:46 AM

Chinedu Opara

Chinedu Opara

He needed Extremis technology to make it possible. Listen to the voice-over at the end :)

May 5 - 05:29 AM

Krisha Tongco

Krisha Tongco

Did he say anything about that? I really don't remember. O_o Can you put the exact quote here? Please :D Thanks!

May 6 - 06:28 PM

El_Capitan

El_ Capitan

That's one thing I don't remember, either, and I have a pretty good memory. Seemed like just good ol' fashioned surgery to me, especially with the surgeons playing "Operation" to take the shrapnel out. If he used Extremis technology, he would have to undergo the transformation process (which is unpredictable), then undergo the re-transformation process (which is stable).

That brings me to another stupid thing. If it's that simple for him to figure out how to reverse the Extremis transformation, why not just perfect it without the explosions and super strength and just for the temporary healing - then turn the auto-healing part off?

Seems like that would benefit all of humanity...

May 6 - 11:54 PM

Adrian Cepero

Adrian Cepero

Yea I think he just made that up...he never mentions extremis technology having anything to do with removing the shrapnel...it just seems he hadn't gotten around to it.

May 9 - 09:11 PM

Phillip H.

Phillip Hon

After he says he fixes Pepper, he said something along the lines of "why stop there". If he didn't use Extremis, he'd probably have a gaping hole/scar in his chest. Remember the scene in Iron Man 1 where Pepper replaces his arc reactor?

May 9 - 10:28 PM

Duncan Moseley

Duncan Moseley

Let's go with the fact that the reactor is partially what made him what he is today, and serves as a reminder of what he thinks he should be doing. Maybe he needed the reactor on a psychological level, and he's now reached the point where he realizes he doesn't need the mental crutch anymore.

May 8 - 11:12 PM

Adrian Cepero

Adrian Cepero

Did you write a thesis on Iron Man?

May 9 - 09:13 PM

Anatoli Ossai

Anatoli Ossai

I think it's implied that Tony needed extremis to repair the damage

May 10 - 06:41 PM

Migs Rodriguez

Migs Rodriguez

9. Too many lame one liner jokes

May 4 - 08:49 PM

Declan Hayward

Declan Hayward

That is just RDJ's take on Tony's character. If you don't know that after 4 movies, you mustn't have been concentrating very hard on watching the films.

May 7 - 06:59 AM

El_Capitan

El_ Capitan

8. Who puts the President into an Iron Patriot suit?

A. The President doesn't even try to use it?
B. Why even put him in the suit?
C. How did they even control the suit to have the President delivered to Killian from Air Force One? It's nice to know Iron Man and Iron Patriot suits don't have a kill-safe from being used by potential bad guys.

May 4 - 08:44 PM

Aaron Lomas

Aaron Lomas

I think the answer to this is that War Machine was upgraded to the Iron Patriot by Killian's group A.I.M.. Tony HACKS into A.I.M. THROUGH the Iron Patriot suit to get information about Extremis. So A.I.M. could have complete control of Iron Patriot.

May 6 - 08:25 AM

El_Capitan

El_ Capitan

If A.I.M had complete control of the Iron Patriot, then why did they have to force Rhodes out of the suit?

May 6 - 10:57 PM

Duncan Moseley

Duncan Moseley

Maybe only the person inside it can open it....

May 8 - 11:15 PM

Adrian Cepero

Adrian Cepero

Yea none of that made sense. You have a master plan that includes using the Iron Patriot suit, get the contract to upgrade the suit, but yet completely neglect to add any useful overrides...

May 9 - 09:10 PM

Phillip H.

Phillip Hon

So they can give it to that one guy that hijacks Air Force one and put the President in it for transport.

May 9 - 10:26 PM

Slow Poke

Slow Poke

Remember the bald guy who works for Killian? That guy followed him to see Pepper, many many people were there and saw him with Killian. And later he showed his power, publicly to people on the street! What the fuck is this? I remember the explosion of that minion is an accident, even if it wasn't, people were already running away when the bald guy started to use his power, there surely would be some survivors to tell the security the tale. Not to say later that bald guy showed up again, using his power to melt the water tank and tried to kill Tony publicly, also many people saw it. Once this was known by the US government or Tony, he would easily be able to identified and his boss would be revealed for sure. Killian even told Pepper about Extremis, he could not get away. That's just super stupid!

May 4 - 08:42 PM

El_Capitan

El_ Capitan

Lol, yeah. They were there to, what? Take the confidential files from the mother of a former Extremis member... but then they use their powers to reveal themselves to the public instad. Bad guys have no brain... or the Director or screenwriters don't have one.

There was a lot of "The Incredibles" and "Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery" bad guy idiocy in the movie. Such as monologuing, and not immediately killing the heroes when you have the chance.

May 4 - 08:51 PM

Eshwari Vasuthewan

Eshwari Vasuthewan

Exactly! I mean, it's so dumb.... I mean Killian sent people to kill Stark and he shot Hansen, so he didn't need either of them, so why the freaking hell, have Stark just 'hanging around' his super secret lair, after having been told almost the entire plan?
So here's me trying(really hard) to patch that particular plot hole. Hubris. A side effect of Extremis, gives the users this false (true?) sense of invincibility, so they don't care that they're seen in public, think they can tell the superhero the plan without consequence and that they can just leave him there, zip-tied to a bed frame and he'll stay like a good little puppy! Yeah...
Also, I get that Pepper is indestructible because of Extremis...but where the fuck did she learn to fight like that? Another side effect of Extremis you think? Oy! I am actually a fan...so this is killing me, like shrapnel crawling its way to my heart!

May 22 - 07:15 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile