Leave Your Feedback on Summer Movie Scorecard 2013

Summary

Back to Article

Comments

J.D Dean

J.D Dean

I'm sure they'll get to it man just give them a little time.

Jul 22 - 06:59 PM

Carlos Gomez

Carlos Gomez

Looks like Star Trek was the best-reviewed Summer 2013 blockbuster.

Jul 28 - 09:46 PM

templescroll

darcy weir

If you like martial arts you might want to check out the new WOLVERINE movie. I don't know why they call the movie "WOLVERINE" cuz Hugh Jackman has nothing to do with any of the plot of characters until the last 10 minutes of the movie if you exclude the brief yet passionless encounter between Jackman and a young woman. But the Wolverine does make an interesting ally for the movie's warring gang factions. I suppose the producer also needed a 'superstar' to pander his kung fu movie since Hugh Jackman is the only white guy along with some toxic blond who struts around in Jimmy Chu's and spends most of the movie deep throating her venemous forked tongue into unsuspecting male admirers. Again, why this character is in the movie, makes no sense other than erotic and to push the envelope of the R rating. This having been said, the movie was only okay because the 'flow' (I use the term loosely) is constently interupted by the need for another martial arts battle. It got boring for me after like the 15th battle and each battle goes on for a while.The giant metal samurai battle at the end was laughable, sorry. Its probably me and I don't mean to sound jaded (no pun intended) but after having seen Crouching Tiger nothing really impresses me in this arena. If you're going to do a 2 hr. martial arts movie you had better have awesome dialogue and impressive plot/characters.With the exception of Wolverine this had neither. So going full circle, this is why the movie is called WOLVERINE. But don't be disheartened X-Men fans. There was an interesting 'teaser' at the end with Magneto and Xavier which shows promise for the NEXT X-Men / Wolverine release. On the upside PIXAR and DISNEY have a slew of 'new releases coming out in genuine ADHD guaranteed to keep the little tikes
'Up N At'm " until way past their bedtime.

Jul 29 - 04:15 PM

Roman Colombo

Roman Colombo

It is based off of a story by Frank Miller and Chris Claremont that came out in the 80's. Though no giant metal samurai was in that story, much of it was the same.

Aug 26 - 09:42 PM

Roman Colombo

Roman Colombo

Aug 26 - 09:42 PM

Keith Allison

Keith Allison

Hey guys, where's The Way Way Back? I don't know if it got a release in 600 theaters, but it has well over 100 listed reviews.

Jul 31 - 08:37 AM

Diego Tutweiller

The Artist Formerly Known as Tutweiller

Sup, Cutler. I found you. Are the people on the articles even stupider and more susceptible to trolling than the people on the regular forums? If so, I'll be here a while.

Aug 1 - 01:15 AM

Robert Carmack

Robert Carmack

Sicko? Really?

Aug 5 - 06:45 PM

Brad and Netflix

Bradly Martin

So wow, Kind of a shitty Summer eh? I mean there was only one Prometheus last year (by which I mean a movie I was looking sooo forward too and than it suuuuucked) but there appears to be 4 Prometheus's this year.

Aug 11 - 04:14 PM

Brad and Netflix

Bradly Martin

yeah what's with all the Mud hate? would you prefer the list was all Rotten films or mad that it is making the Man of Steel that much lower on this list?

Aug 11 - 04:15 PM

Brad and Netflix

Bradly Martin

What is the best movie this summer? Me and my kids always talk about it. They all say Iron Man three to which I contest with...I don't....know? Last year yes we all agreed Avengers was Amazing Fun.

Aug 11 - 04:16 PM

Bryan Jensen

Bryan Jensen

As usual RT counts movies with 3/5 stars as "ROTTEN" but counts 60% or better overall as "FRESH"...learn math you idiots.

Aug 12 - 12:22 PM

Keith Allison

Keith Allison

RottenTomatoes, what happened to The Way, Way Back?

Aug 18 - 08:06 AM

Rachel Jessie

Rachel Jessie

Rotten Tomatoes doesn't really rank these movies on the scorecard by how good they are, it's the actual percentage. Last year Avengers got 92%, and was a lot better than Moonrise Kingdom, but because the actual percentage was lower, it took the number 2 spot. The scorecard isn't by opinion, it is just numbers.

Aug 26 - 09:53 AM

Willem DaPerson

Willem DaPerson

I was complaining about the fact that one of the rules is "It has to be a wide release", before J.D pointed out the error of my ways.

Sep 5 - 03:56 AM

Roman Colombo

Roman Colombo

Aug 26 - 09:42 PM

Roman Colombo

Roman Colombo

Aug 26 - 09:42 PM

Roman Colombo

Roman Colombo

Where is Red 2?

Aug 26 - 09:43 PM

Reid Sweatt

Reid Sweatt

The Worlds End isn't even on here. Fix that shit!

Sep 2 - 02:43 PM

Jim Callahan

Jim Callahan

The Worst Movies of 2013 ... so far: Struck By Lightning, Movie 43, The Last Exorcism Part 2, Oz: The Great and Powerful, Iron Man 3, The Great Gatsby, This Is the End, Kevin Hart: Let Me Explain, The Smurfs 2.

Sep 2 - 03:39 PM

Jim Callahan

Jim Callahan

Favorite Movies of 2013 ... So Far!

1. Spring Breakers (A)

2. Oblivion (B+)

3. Disconnect (B+)

4. Kick-Ass 2 (B)

5. The Spectacular Now (B)

6. The Conjuring (B)

7. Trance (B-)

8. Side Effects (B-)

9. Before Midnight (C+)

10. The Purge (C+)

Sep 2 - 03:40 PM

Nine Movies That Bring the Funk

Weekly Binge
Weekly Binge

Watch Arrested Development

SpongeBob's Back!
SpongeBob's Back!

See trailer for his 3D adventure

Photo gallery of great movie spaceships