Iron Man: Rise Of Technovore Reviews

July 7, 2015
I got this movie when somebody handed me their digital copy ultraviolet code for it, and it was a very pleasant surprise. Reedus as Frank Castle was a treat as well. It really has an "Iron Man 3.5" feel to it. As with the DC universe, I seem to find Marvel's animated features equally or more enjoyable than their live-action MCU counterparts.
½ October 21, 2013
I liked the anime style, but the voices sucked. It was very jap anime-ish. Could have been much better. I found myself falling asleep towards the end.
July 18, 2013
Norman Reedus as The Punisher is the only thing that is redeemable. Marvel has never really been good at their animated films and movies like this set them back even further.
December 22, 2013
Despite its violent content, this is the best animated feature from Marvel as they finally achieved a 4-star rating after a few near-attempts. Their key to make this their best animated yet was matching to the tone of the live action trilogy with anime style and action sequences that were done really well. (B+)

(Full review coming soon)
July 10, 2014
There are just some things that don't work well as anime. This is one of them. Cramming in as many characters as possible didn't really make this any less boring. Norman Reeds was good as the Punisher though. The movie is vapid like cheap anime tends to be, I can't recommend this.
April 14, 2014
No one escapes.

A cyber terrorist that resembles an alien seems to have planned the end of the world and mass annihilation and framed Iron Man for the crimes. Iron Man will have to pair with his best friend Rhodey (aka War Machine), and perhaps some other Avengers, to bring down this terrorist and bringer of chaos and destruction.

"No one is going to think less of you for losing, except maybe me..."

Hiroshi Hamazaki, who directed Highlander: The Search for Vengeance, Steins Gate television series, and episodes of X and Paranoia Agent, delivers Iron Man: Rise of Technovore. The storyline for this picture is just okay but the animation and action sequences are definitely first rate and intense. I did enjoy the Avengers characters that appeared in this picture.

"Someone in this relationship needs to keep their feet on the ground."

I came across this while scrolling through Netflix pictures and had to sit down and watch it with my daughter. We both thought this was well done and enjoyable. As an overall film, this definitely could have been better, but this does contain great anime style animation and fascinating action. The villain was also well done. I recommend watching this picture, but I wouldn't add it to my DVD collection.

"I had to kill him."

Grade: C+
½ April 3, 2014
Nothing amazing, but it can keep you entertained if you need a Marvel fix. Standard Japanese anime applied to Iron Man.
March 18, 2014
One line summary: A good Tony Stark story, told anime style.

----------------------

This is an anime version of an Ironman story, late teen/adult style.

Tony Stark is about to launch a surveillance satellite. Someone does not like this. They set about to blow up Tony's properties near the launch, and draw him into a one on one fight. Further, they kill his long-time friend and ally, Rhodes, and many people near the launch.

Fury sends Black Widow to fetch Ironman. They have a chat, then Fury tells him he is in custody. Ironman decides to leave. Fury sends a lot of people after him. Ironman evades most of them, but Black Widow gives him a harder time before he disables her plane.

The bad guys in this film are a small group who think of technology as a set of false idols, and particularly blame those who create more technology. So Ironman is high on their list, and his satellite is a prime target.

Tony meets with Pepper to get intelligence. SHIELD surrounds the place, but Tony escapes. He finds a lead in Pakistan, and meets up with Punisher. They zero on Ezekial Stane. SHIELD catches up, and Hawkeye screws Tony's suit with his arrows. Punisher helps him get away, with Black Widow and Hawkeye in pursuit.

Ironman follows Stane's efforts to China. He discovers more about the powerful weapons that Stane has, namely the technovores, which invade high tech gadgets and take them over.

Does Ironman find the ultimate goals of the enemy behind all this? If so, will he stop that goal from being accomplished? Will Tony make nice with SHIELD and Pepper?

-----Scores-----

Art/Animation: 8/10 Good by anime standards, but occasionally had the washed out look.

Sound: 7/10 The lip synching was not the best. The music's sound level was way off. Most of the time the voice actors' words were clear enough.

Voice/Acting: 7/10 I liked the performances of Norman Reedus, Matthew Mercer, Kate Higgins, and Clare Grant. The work of Eric Bauza and John Eric Bentley I did not care for so much.

Story: 8/10 Rather nice. Had transitions beginning to middle to end that were reasonable to follow. Has some pleasant surprises toward the end.
March 10, 2014
More of a Japanese animation then Marvel's Iron Man and that was the good part. The Voice Over was average and the storytelling/plot was horrible. The CG effects were cool but dark, expected it to be more colorful for Tony Stark. Also the fight sequences were very confusing. The only part i enjoyed in the whole movie was the Bad Ass Punisher.
December 1, 2013
Why did I watch this again? Nothing noteworthy in this dull animated feature.
November 3, 2013
full of bad anime cliches. The plot's unfolding is awful. Characterization is strange and unreal.
July 18, 2013
TERRIBLE. do not waste your time.
½ July 2, 2013
One of the few occasions where an anime adaptation of an American comic book title misses the mark. Iron Man: Rise of Technovore may have good animation, but it's bullet-riddled with plot holes and an incomprehensible storyline. Stick to the live-action movies.
June 14, 2013
terrible... do not waste time watching it
May 8, 2013
Rise Of Technovore is an OVA (in Anime lingo), the first of its kind from Marvel and Madhouse. I really enjoyed it. The superheroes were very well adapted (and an honorable mention goes to Reedus as the Punisher). The action was on par with Iron Man 3 and the story could easily be placed between The Avengers and Iron Man 3.
The thing that was disturbing about it was the main villain, Zeke Stane. Unlike the superheroes, the villains of this Anime stories seem to be re-envisioned in an Asian way that makes the battle between American style superheroes and Anime style enemies feel weird and very contrasting. This is a problem all Marvel Anime series have encountered, but they have gotten better at it since the X-Men, which I enjoyed as well.
Overall, it is very entertaining and action packed, the character designed is gorgeous, the dialogue is quite memorable, but the Asian narrative might be hard to overcome.
½ May 6, 2013
Great timing to release this movie at same time as the IRONMAN 3 hype. And as expected the action scenes are more than the actual IRONMAN 3 movie. Just leave the mecha animation to the Japanese and they know how to make a grade A epic battles. However just like the rest of the adaptations, the villain is weak and so goes the plot. Oh by the way, the Punisher is also on this film and he sure packs lots of fire power to the movie. Despite of all of these, the movie is watchable.
½ May 6, 2013
Watching ironman, Rise of the technovore. I am one who rarely complains about super-hero movies or corny shows but ... with this movie, Commonsense must be classed as super power because no one in this movie has it!Spoilers:1: Tony's missile launch site is under attack and Tony's Employees did not scrap the launch.2: You get this big baddie, named Zeke Stane, who can easily destroy the satellite that is being launched by tony's rocket but decides to go inside the building to press the shut off button! Zeke you have shown us that you can easily blow up the building with your suits technology so why not go for the damn rocket, you dumbass.3: After Rhodey, Warmachine, defeats one of the enemies he walks into the building, Rhodey notices the biotech on the walls with his visor, So he raises his visor to ask tony if he needs help. When room around Rhodey starts to slowly to explode, he stood there like a moron and doesn't put his visor down.4: After the explosion, tony starts digging around in the rubble, in the comics he has a tracking device inside Rhodey's War Machine suit. 5: Natashia arrives, ALONE, and tells him that she must take him to see Nick Fury and let others dig Rhodey up. Yes, Let's leave Rhodey who most likely fatally injured to die.6: Tony argues with Nick and leaves, Nick Fury doesn't want Stark to fly off and get killed because, he was the ONLY witness.. except the media, camera crew and other people who were outside waiting for the rocket to be launched.7: Tony argues with Nick and leaves, Nick Fury doesn't want Stark get killed so Nick orders his men to shoot down iron-man. Yes, you might think he is iron-man and his suit is blahblahblah.8: Nick Fury must had his brain replaced with a potato with the terrible decisions since doing to normal thing and help ironman and try and figure a way to stop this new enemy, he decides to make Ironman a villain and focus attacking stark because Tony isn't answering Nicks phone calls! Call about petty nonsense.9: Imagine Nick and Stark going to a restaurant and Tony Accidentally knocked water and it splashed on fury, I wonder what fury would do, nuke Tony's private island to make it even?10: Tony Stark is not superman, he is NOT FASTER than the speed of bullet! He smashes through a dirty window to grab the bullet but doesn't explain how he was about to see or predict it.11:, Tony is a hacker, He tries and hacks into SHIELDS information. Why didn't he create fake IPs, firewalls etc to not get tracked or possibly store the information in his tech-suits.12: After a pointless fight between hawk Eye, Ironman, punisher and Black Widow, Ironman flies upwards into the sky. During this time, The punisher steals Black widows motorbike and drives off yet they didn't even notice it!Finally, If they had found out the suit is made by nano-bots, why don't they use an Electromagnetic field on the technovore.There is more flaws but I rather have some online reviewer chew this movie out.
½ May 3, 2013
Hay que agradecer que "Iron Man: Rise of Technovore" es la película animada más madura de Marvel en años pues no viene acompañado del saturado humor Disney, pero cae víctima del ritmo lento y de los personajes blandos que tienen los animes. Y aunque Mad House le brinda su mejor animación en escenas de acción, aún no logran plasmar vida en los rostros de los personajes, a excepción de Tony Stark/Iron Man.