94% Guardians of the Galaxy Aug 01

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Iron Sky Reviews

Eduardovich Nikituk
November 14, 2013
I liked the first 5 minutes and the last 5. The credits.
Dr114
Dr114

July 19, 2014
Really dumb and schlocky but endlessly entertaining and fun to mock.
339z
July 11, 2014
wow.....ummm just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is a good movie 2 watch.......its got a good cast of actors/actressess throughout this movie.....i think that julia dietze, gotz otto, christopher kirby, udo kier, peta sergeant, play good roles/parts throughout this movie.......i think that the director of this action/adventure/sci-fi/fantasy movie had done a good job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie....its got a good soundtrack throughout this movie........YOU HAVE GOT TO WATCH THE END OF THE CREDITS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE AS SOMETHING HAPPENS AT THE END OF THE CREDITS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE....its got good special effects throughout this movie......i think that Stephanie Paul as the President of the United States (a parody of Sarah Palin, was really funny throughout this movie.....i think that this is such an entertaining movie 2 watch its got a good cast of actors/actressess thorughout this movie......i think that this is such a really funny movie 2 watch.....its got good fight scenes throughout this movie.... i think that this is such a cult movie 2 watch its got good fight scenes throughout this movie......i think that this is such an enjoyable movie 2 watch with a good cast throughout this movie.......its got a good soundtrack throughout this movie......i think that this is such a cult movie 2 watch.....
July 10, 2014
A pretty fun film. President Sarah Palin versus the Moon Nazis! Need I say more?

On the whole, an enjoyable film, especially if you, like me are a fan of the Nazi saucer conspiracy theories. I recommend it for a bad movie night, because this film is definitely, like the myths of the Moon, made of green cheese! But a nice, smoked cheddar cheese. Surely not a serious meal, but a delightful snack...especially if consumed with a good German beer.
June 29, 2014
Kind of enjoyably horrible, though I don't know how much it'll hold up as a camp cult classic. The premise is hilariously awesome, it's just too bad the execution is just handled sooooooo poorly. I believe this movie is made by Norwegians, and boy does it show in their "knowledge" of what the US is like. Their version of Washington DC is (I believe) unintentionally hilarious; I loved the street gangs that look they came out of a movie version of 1970's New York. I couldn't stop laughingly when they have the President's CAMPAIGN MANAGER become a space General somehow (not even going to ask where the space fleet came from). That character is handled so poorly before becoming a space general, that it makes it even greater she's suddenly put into that role randomly. Also, whats the point of having a "good" Nazi? So many hilariously bad things going on.
June 22, 2014
*sigh*

The problem with being a fan of b-movies is that there is this immediate assumption that you would just love a movie like Iron Sky. It's about Nazis on the moon, so I knew to expect something that wasn't going to take itself serious. It started off promising enough, the movie has a polished look, but I just did not expect so much heavy handed political "satire". This came out in 2012 and we're still getting Sarah Palin jokes? Really? I didn't even know she was still relevant. I simply did not know what this movie was trying to do. I had expected going in that it was just going to be a zany balls-to-the-wall movie where they just threw every crazy idea into a bunch of different action set pieces. Instead, there's just this sad attempt at trying to be funny. There was only one time that I laughed and I'm going to spoil it right now:

So the Nazis launch an invasion towards Earth. There's this council with all the different countries of the world accusing each other of having built these UFOs that are attacking. In the middle of these accusations, the representative of North Korea stands up and claims that they are North Korean spacecrafts that their leader had designed and built himself. The entire council then laughs at him and tells him to sit down. The only part where I actually laughed during the movie.

This is just one of those movies where I did not know what they were trying to accomplish. The charm of b-movies is that they're so different from what you normally see. This was the same kind of stuff we've been seeing for the past few years since Grindhouse came out almost a decade ago. I'd lump this in with Hobo with a Shotgun and Machete. They're movies that simply try too hard to appeal to a cult fan base and lose all that charm that should make movies like this special. There was no reason for this to be a political satire, and really, one where the jokes were unoriginal and dated before it was even made.
June 20, 2014
Amazing Visual Effect, Great Acting, part Serious, a bit of Humor, Well Worth the Price, time etc. Loved it and awaiting the Prequel!
June 2, 2014
L'idea di base geniale, anche gli effetti speciali e i costumi sono veramente interessanti (soprattutto perch si tratta di un film a basso budget). Quello che manca la sceneggiatura: i dialoghi e il dispiegamento della trama lasciano a desiderare anche se la cosa peggiore la recitazione sempre sopra le righe (capisco che un film particolare ma quando troppo troppo).
May 27, 2014
LOVED this cheesy movie.
ray r.
February 16, 2014
I fucking loved this movie. If you know what this is about and you rent/buy or choose to watch it then you shouldnt expect to take it too seriously. It does exactly what it says on the tin and looks great... This movie has everything a bloke wants. Awesome.
Phil H

May 31, 2012
'Heil Kortzfleisch!'

So I think we all know right from the start this film is not to be taken seriously in any means or fashion in the slightest. A completely farcical UFO B-movie that is a mix of classic old 40's/50's sci-fi and complete schlock, any sci-fi or horror that involves the Nazi's tends to be trashy nonsense right?

Only this film isn't entirely a cheap tasteless excuse for smut in smart uniforms oh no, its actually a pretty neat little film that actually looks pretty good. Its almost in black and white for a lot of the Nazi sections, a virtual grey scale of dull rusty metal bolted together with lots of sturdy fat rivets, thick 50's looking sci-fi cables and lots of impressive steel gantries for the kraut officers to leer from triumphantly.

I have to admit I wasn't expecting the earth here (no pun intended) but the CGI effects on most of the space battles, spaceships and Moon shenanigans all look quite crisp and clean with clearly much effort involved. The spacecraft are all your classic UFO shapes (with nice WWII influence) but one has to admit they do look kinda cool with the German kit on them. There is also a really nice steampunk, cogs n gears, 'Wolfenstein' vibe going on throughout the German Moon based sequences which really works well, kinda reminded me a little of Del Toro's work in 'Hellboy 2'.

Plot aside (seeing as there are plot holes you could fly a Zeppelin through) the film is good fun and does what you would expect with plenty of other invasion films copied in certain sequences. The acting is poor but Gtz Otto makes an impressive display as the Fuhrer wannabe 'Klaus Adler', he snarls his way through his dialog in wonderful form really enjoying the villainy, and of course who can forget Udo Kier as the new Fuhrer. I believe Kier is in the dictionary under the word 'cult'.

For some reason I did expect more blood n guts in this, not extreme but it just begged for more claret to flow and maybe some Nazi experimentation, say Nazi space mutants or Nazi killer space robots made with human parts etc...I dunno maybe that's just me and my warped mind. I guess ze crazy German scientist 'Doktor Richter' gave the impression that might happen, nice character, complete stereotype but nice.

A combination of political satire and spoof mixed with B-movie UFO's and space Nazi's, the best part being its not trashy and the space battles do look cool in a 'Starship Troopers' kind of way. I also liked the US president being a woman who looked suspiciously like Sarah Palin. Pure trashy genius methinks, yet such a simple idea.
May 16, 2014
So bad, it's g... No, it's just all bad.
February 16, 2012
It starts out hilarious, but loses that tone and gets really muddled in its message, which might be what they are going for? Very Dr. Strangelove-esque in its ending, and just as confusing.
TheFeldster
May 8, 2014
If you are looking for an overtly cheesy old-fashioned B-movie to watch, you could probably do a lot worse than "Iron Sky". Actually, you could definitely watch worse, because "Zombie Strippers" exists, but even taking that film out, "Iron Sky" is far from the worst out there.

The premise is simple - at the fall of the Third Reich, Nazi survivors set up a base on the dark side of the moon. Years later, they attack. Bingo, instant plot.

That plot alone is enough to set it up for at least the morbidly curious crowd, but the film successfully satires socialism, the far right Tea Party and the UN, while making references to (more serious) films that had similar themes, such as "The Great Dictator", "Dr Strangelove" and "Downfall".

It's never going to be an award-winner, and the acting is exactly what you'd expect from a cheap B-movie, but it's surprisingly entertaining to watch this low budget sci-fi.
May 7, 2014
Well, it took me 4+ nights, but I finally finished Iron Sky. The premise is cool, some of the set pieces and gags are cool, but it just didn't come together for me. Frankly, I kept falling asleep. I didn't know when to take it seriously and when to laugh. Still, it's on Netflix, so you can try it out without paying for it. C+.
May 7, 2014
This is a very intelligent and funny movie. Too bad a lot of supposedly astute critics didn't come remotely close to understanding it.
May 2, 2014
So the premise is silly, the plot is ridiculous and the characters are over the top. Other than that it's all good silly fun :) I watched the slightly longer director's cut btw.
May 27, 2013
Despite a rather simplistic and undisciplined plot, it's entertaining enough in fits (with plenty of funny gags) to warrant at least one viewing. The plot is mostly about the Nazis, who somehow managed to make it to the moon, where they've been plotting their return to Earth. Meanwhile, on Earth, the President of the United States (who looks a lot like Sarah Palin) is desperate to come up with an idea that will get her reelected. Those two narrative threads intersect, and form the bulk of the plot. While the acting isn't particularly great, the filmmakers did have fun with the comedic aspects of having Nazis who've essentially been frozen in time interact with people from the 21st century, who are extremely progressive. They also have a go at American foreign policy as it's been for the past 30-40 years. None of it particularly fresh, but it's pulled off with enough panache that well-worn subject matter can be excused. Other elements of the film which are worth mentioning are the visual effects, which were impressive for a smaller film. The score by Laibach was also enjoyable. If I had to describe this movie, it's like putting Star Wars and Star Trek together with the Ilsa, She-Wolf of the SS movies and playing it for laughs. As for who would want to see it, anyone who likes comedic sci-fi films or Nazisploitation will find something to like here. Others watch at your own peril. For me, though, it was perfectly watchable and I had a good time.
May 1, 2014
why do low budget films have to be so cheesy
April 27, 2014
Very clever film arta 17 min in the campaign leader scene is a homage to DOWNFALL where hitler looses it with his commanders. The scene is recreated so well with the glasses coming off and twitchy hands, down to the rest of the staff quivering outside while she looses it a very clever scene.