It's a Disaster Reviews

½ June 14, 2014
How did this movie score so high? It's a good cast with a crap script/plot/etc.. A bunch of self-absorbed hipsters don't realize the world is ending. Don't bother watching.
½ June 4, 2014
So I'm going through my Netflix queue and thought this film looked worth giving a shot, especially since it was under 90 minutes. It was entertaining at times; thanks mainly to David Cross, but for the most part it was pointless and not that funny. It is very tough to make a good black comedy and this film is another one that falls short.
May 31, 2014
Funny and surprisingly realistic. Better writing than acting, but the black humor works.
May 28, 2014
Very dark, which I usually love, but with the ending being this dark it kind of ruined it for me
May 24, 2014
One of the funniest, most outrageous (yet believable) movies I've ever seen.
May 17, 2014
We were not prepared! Gotta pay attention, so many clever lines that could be missed. Two thumbs up:)
April 14, 2013
Dark comedy about friends who are having brunch when their town is bombed.
½ May 10, 2014
Ya' gotta love little films with big ideas. Voltare said hell was other people. That's put to the test when dirty bombs are set off in the city while it's couples brunch day four couples in the suburbs.
½ July 27, 2013
Le film le plus marrant que j'ai vu depuis longtemps ! Mon genre de film à situations pas possible, mêlé à des personnages tellement près de la réalité. Bel humour, parfait et tout en subtilité de Todd Berger. Ça fait du bien de rire !
(Kollection)
½ May 1, 2014
It's a disaster - couldn't agree more.
June 4, 2013
It's a Disaster has its funny nuanced moments. Too bad the final act is a disappointment.
April 14, 2014
This movie was horrible.
March 29, 2014
In a year full of large-budget apocalyptic films, it is amazing to watch a consistently hilarious film like It's a Disaster succeed at the same concept with only a fraction of the budget. This black comedy is brilliantly written, depending on its wit and fantastic cast to create awkwardly enjoyable storyline about a group of friends coming to terms with their untimely fate. Despite a plot that's becoming somewhat generic, It's a Disaster is always clever and satirical. Every single actor has a moment to shine, with ingenious dialogue and character development that only becomes more entertaining throughout the film. Todd Berger officially has my attention, and I cannot wait to see where his work goes from here.
March 22, 2014
So funny.
Quirky, sarcastic and very funny.
August 3, 2013
a cleaver, dark comedy about the end of the world
there's really no real emphasis on the apocalyptic-element of the film other than seeing two extras get the axe from a chemical weapon nerve gas and the majority of the film is spent with these characters unraveling inner secrets about themselves
the end of the world really unleashes the real side of these people and their deepest thoughts and regrets
the casting is spectacular from Julia Stiles to David Cross to America Ferrera
I was giggling a lot of the time because of all the crazy interactions each person had to this impending doom
it's just like 'This Is The End' of course without all the blood, carnage, and over-the-top scenarios involved
½ December 29, 2013
I mostly just love how real the dialogue feels. Of course, it certainly helps that it's really, REALLY funny.
February 20, 2014
Fantastic. Such a great mash-up, and totally pulled off successfully. Not quite laugh-out-loud funny, but such a funny result. Really loved the guests who are always late!
JDM
½ February 16, 2014
I wish I had turned it off but instead I hung in to the end hoping it would start to make sense. Some very weird characters, not very realistic and not enjoyable enough to see past that.
February 2, 2014
What a great Black Comedy. There's been a Disaster take place during a Couple's Brunch for 4 Couples. Great Cast , including Ugly Betty's America Ferrera. So Good, I plan to watch this again with my Partner.
April 4, 2013
It reminded me of 'Carnage' but with more people.