Ivan Vasilevich Menyaet Professiyu (Ivan the Terrible: Back to the Future) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ivan Vasilevich Menyaet Professiyu (Ivan the Terrible: Back to the Future) Reviews

November 4, 2015
Stay away from Russian comedies from the 1970's.
January 4, 2015
I only watch a handful of these films, and only one every New Years Day. This film is a classic for a reason--it is a timeless work of art.
½ June 19, 2013
Very funny humor and satire on the Soviet Reality--Bulgakov's revival!!
January 12, 2013
One of the best comedy movies of all the time.
November 25, 2012
It's silly, but damn is it funny.
May 4, 2012
Well, this is one of the best Russian comedies ever made!
June 5, 2011
A charming, lighthearted comedy. It's worth watching it two or three times for some simple but funny jokes and gags. It's nice family entertainment, although it's probably best to watch it in Russian, as some of the jokes would be difficult to translate accurately.
½ April 26, 2011
Classic Russian comedy. Will never get bored of it.
March 4, 2011
Ivan Vasilievich changes his occupation xD
March 4, 2011
Based on the play by Bulgakov, an enjoyable mashup of sci-fi, screwball comedy, and period drama.
February 13, 2011
My all time fav hilarious
½ February 1, 2011
A zany Russian time-travel mix-up comedy.
July 10, 2010
guess im the first to ever comment or review this film...
May 31, 2010
I typed "terrible movie" into the search bar and this was the first thing that showed up. As always, I'm probably right. NO STARS!
½ April 6, 2010
Neuvostoliittolainen scifikomediamusikaalifarssi ...tai jotain. Kyseessä on Peter Sellers -elokuvia muistuttava viihdyttävä pläjäys, jossa aikamatkaillaan Iivana Julman luokse. Musiikit on loistavia ja hetkittäin elokuva on ratkiriemukas.
February 19, 2010
This movie started out as an awesome, surreal romp through awful 70s foreign cinema. It reminded me of youtube's "Italian Spiderman"...however you should just go watch Italian Spiderman instead. This movie quickly became as dull and tedious as I'd imagine Russian life was back then. There were a few laughs, especially in the setup but overall a failure at producing any really great moments. Skip it.
November 16, 2009
One of the best examples of Russian sci-fi comedies.
½ October 9, 2009
goood stuff! its kind of like the russian monty python??
September 21, 2009
Comedy of my childhood! Watch it one million times! And each time It heating and pleases! "Vdrug kak v skazke..." It's not a classic for me, it's like a part of me! Adore it!
½ May 7, 2009
With so many Russian films being masterpieces of cinematography and film making in general, it is quite hard to believe this cornball is such a favorite among the Russian people.