Razzie Awards Winners!

Summary

Every year, the Golden Raspberry Awards, better known simply as The Razzies, set out to (dis)honor the very worst in cinema. And this year, one film rose above all others: Adam Sandler's cross-dressing comedy Jack & Jill swept every single category. Check out the complete list of "awards" below, and for more information about the Golden Raspberry Award Foundation, click here. Back to Article

Comments

Bram S.

Bram Sterling

You know, I feel kind of bad for Mr. Sandler.

Feb 25 - 08:12 PM

Myron

Myron Kinsey

I feel Bad for Al Pacino!! This guy is a 9 time Oscar nominee and then he goes on to star in crap like this? Sad!!

Feb 25 - 10:01 PM

Josh Guttman

Josh Guttman

I can just picture if Al Pacino won and he actually accepted his award in person, and gave an incredibly funny speech kinda like when Sandra Bullock won her Razzie for All About Steve

Feb 26 - 11:44 AM

Ezra Tross

Ezra Tross

yea, i dont feel bad for Mr. Sandler one bit. He makes millions from the idiots who actually shell out the dough for his movies and continue to do so. Exploiting idiots everywhere...you know the ones i'm talking about? The ones who's favorite movie of all time is probably Grown Ups.

Mar 13 - 10:39 AM

Ethan Sam

Ethan Sam

I feel badly too, but I think his response to this would be a chuckle and something along the lines of "Sorry, I missed the razzies because I was too busy swimming in a pile of money." So you can't feel too badly.

If anything it's the American public's fault. He starred in films like Spanglish and Punch Drunk Love and no one went to see them. Audiences got what they wanted: stupid, pg-13 comedies

Apr 3 - 08:42 PM

Kriftonucci

Jim Ylonen

Why is it that unlike the Oscars, every movie that DESERVES to be here IS?? Oh that's right, we're an absurdist culture, adoy!

Feb 25 - 08:20 PM

Jesse Leon Rodgers Jr

Jesse Leon Rodgers Jr

I'm going to have to go ahead and agree with you. yyyeahhh

Feb 25 - 09:08 PM

Myron

Myron Kinsey

tru dat

Feb 25 - 10:12 PM

Dave M.

Dave Mart

Not every movie... Abduction wasn't nominated for Worst Movie, and neither was "Sucker Punch" for worst screenplay.

Feb 26 - 05:57 AM

Kriftonucci

Jim Ylonen

Like I said: every movie that DESERVES to be here. Sigh...

Apr 2 - 08:01 PM

Dave M.

Dave Mart

Those movies did deserve to be there.

Apr 4 - 07:54 PM

Ken W.

Ken Wolfson

true, the oscars sucked this year

Feb 26 - 10:21 AM

Bigbrother

Big Brother

Because the raspberries make much more effort to cater to the tastes of angry fanboys than the Oscars do. If u think this was all the worst movies or performances you must not follow movies that closely.

Feb 26 - 11:25 AM

Brad H.

Brad Hadfield

How did I miss your comment before? Perfect summation. Most of their picks cater to "coolness" and satisfying the fanboy masses. It's unfortunate, as I'd really love to see the worst of the worst skewered. The razzies have now jumped the shark - ironic, as that's something they'd mock.

Feb 26 - 01:04 PM

Kriftonucci

Jim Ylonen

You're right, I'm too busy wasting my life watching decent movies that the academy was too close-minded to consider when I could've been watching shit like you.

Mar 1 - 11:41 AM

Dominic Fucinari

I'd like to hear you try and come up with better nominees!

Apr 3 - 12:16 AM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

Try my post on page 2.

Apr 3 - 01:01 AM

arendr

Arend Anton

For the same reason the worst finalist always wins on America's Funniest Home Video.

Feb 27 - 11:07 AM

Spencer Nielsen

Spencer Nielsen

These are pretty entertaining choices, unlike the Oscars this year.

Feb 25 - 08:39 PM

Jesse Leon Rodgers Jr

Jesse Leon Rodgers Jr

I'm going to have to go ahead and agree with you. yyyeahhh

Feb 25 - 09:08 PM

Cal Doritosaurus

Cal Doritosaurus

I had heard that despite how awful Jack and Jill was, Al Pacino was surprisingly good in it.

Feb 25 - 09:17 PM

Johnny I.

Johnny Inco

Yeah!! Jack and Jill was awful, but Mr. Pacino really shouldn't be on that list.

Feb 25 - 09:23 PM

Cal Doritosaurus

Cal Doritosaurus

I think the Razzies feel extra special when they put an Oscar winner on the list.

Feb 26 - 04:47 AM

Mark Pachankis

Mark Pachankis

Pacino needs to be on this list for appearing in a Sandler/Dugan film.

Feb 26 - 07:32 AM

Brad H.

Brad Hadfield

I agree, but his performance wasn't bad. Now, if they had a "Slumming Icon" category, then a resounding yes.

Feb 26 - 01:21 PM

Cal Doritosaurus

Cal Doritosaurus

Yeah, a Slumming Icon category would be good.

Feb 27 - 03:42 PM

Shiva the God of Death

Noah F

I think he may have done it for the same reason Orson Welles did some of his commercials: to finance his own films. I know Al Pacino does some surprisingly independent films like 'Salome'. Maybe he was trying to replicate DeNiro and Hoffman. Who knows.

Feb 28 - 03:04 PM

Johnny I.

Johnny Inco

Feb 25 - 09:23 PM

Cal Doritosaurus

Cal Doritosaurus

Feb 26 - 04:47 AM

Johnny I.

Johnny Inco

Adam Sandler for best actress?

Feb 25 - 09:23 PM

Myron

Myron Kinsey

And Martin Lawrence as Big Momma (hilarious)

Feb 25 - 10:12 PM

Dominic Fucinari

It was actually for Worst Actress. And the gender of the character is more important than that of the actor/actress.

Apr 3 - 12:17 AM

Tom C.

Tom Carter

Based on what I heard, I completely agree with this entire list. BLBTBAS and Jack And Jill are equally deserving of "winning" this. Thank goodness Seth Rogen missed the cut, heard he was on the pre-nomination list...

Feb 25 - 09:29 PM

Curt Offen

Curt Offen

Wait, wheres extremely bad and incredible cliche'?

Feb 25 - 10:00 PM

Myron

Myron Kinsey

Getting a best picture nominee for the Oscars :/

Feb 25 - 10:02 PM

Ricardo Rodrigues

Ricardo Rodrigues

Ahahah, sweet irony xD

Feb 26 - 06:32 AM

BLaCKWoLF

BLaCKWoLF .

Well played, Myron. Well played.

Feb 26 - 11:01 AM

Russ

Greg Mason

ZING!

Feb 28 - 07:06 AM

Dominic Fucinari

That film had 54% or thereabout at Rotten Tomatoes; it wasn't NEARLY as bad as the 16 films that got nominated for the RAZZIES.

Apr 3 - 12:15 AM

Ricardo Rodrigues

Ricardo Rodrigues

Ahahah, sweet irony xD

Feb 26 - 06:32 AM

BLaCKWoLF

BLaCKWoLF .

Well played, Myron. Well played.

Feb 26 - 11:01 AM

Russ

Greg Mason

ZING!

Feb 28 - 07:06 AM

Myron

Myron Kinsey

Aw Man Al Pacino, what happen to you man??? This guy starred in so many masterpieces and then goes on to star in an Adam Sandler cross dressing movie? That is sad maybe he really needed the money. Bucky Larson: Born to Be a Star was a given, that or Jack and Jill will definitively win. Honestly, the new Transformers film wasn't that bad in my opinion (definitely an improvement from its predecessor), probably doesn't deserve a nomination for worst picture ( I saw worse like Season of the Witch).
Everything else seems just right though, looks like the Razzies really know how to do their job right (unlike another famous movie awards ceremony I know).

Feb 25 - 10:11 PM

Dominic Fucinari

I voted for Season of the Witch for Worst Picture on my nominations ballot. The thing is, if a film is REALLY bad, hatred will only get it so far in the nominations if not enough people have seen it.

Apr 3 - 12:20 AM

Shannon Palmer

Shannon Palmer

the second transformers movie sucked ass.but the third one was good.bay is rassie deserving son-of-a-bitch.but not for this one

Feb 25 - 10:11 PM

Brad H.

Brad Hadfield

And if by part 3 you don't know what you're getting into, well shame on you. Nominating a tranny movie is easy. I'd rather see something more polarizing on the list, like Tree of Life. Has a razzie nom ever matched an Oscar nom in the same year?

Feb 26 - 11:45 AM

Vits

Vicente Torres

Yes. Amy Irving was nominated for an Oscar and a Razzie for YENTL, which was also nominated for Best and Worst Music Score. And ARMAGEDDON was nominated for Best and Worst Song for I DON'T WANNA MISS A THING. There are more I can't remember.

Feb 26 - 01:03 PM

Helge B.

Helge Beck

Speaking of polarizing: For all it is and isn't, I liked Transformers 3 enough to place it in my newly established blu-ray collection right between Vanishing Point and... The Tree Of Life. As soon as you take "the masses" into account, Transformers 3 is just as polarizing a choice as the latter.

Feb 28 - 02:22 PM

Myron

Myron Kinsey

And Martin Lawrence as Big Momma (hilarious)

Feb 25 - 10:12 PM

Myron

Myron Kinsey

tru dat

Feb 25 - 10:12 PM

Paulie Sam

Paulie Sam

Where's Act of Valour? I just came back from that crap, and it stunk!

Feb 25 - 10:45 PM

Kadeem S.

Kadeem Stewart

Hopefully, next year's Razzie. I don't think Act of Valor is qualified becuase it's already out and you're right, it does stink.

Feb 25 - 11:23 PM

Brad H.

Brad Hadfield

I'm sure you'd have liked it better if the SEALs sparkled, and they fought werewolves.

Feb 26 - 06:52 PM

Gregg Mikulla

Gregg Mikulla

i havent seen it and probably never will. putting a bunch of Navy SEALS who cant act for shit doesnt make a movie, unless you enjoy drooling at the screen and paying $16 to see "cool stunts".

Mar 1 - 06:59 PM

Dominic Fucinari

If any film released on February 24, 2012 gets a RAZZIE nomination, it's going to be "Gone" starring Amanda Seyfried.

Apr 3 - 12:21 AM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

I think the problem with people having to actually watch the film might apply here.

Apr 3 - 01:03 AM

Dan Paz

Dan Paz

Didn't see Act of Valor, but isn't it 2012 and besides I think the people aren't even actors. So give it a break. Jack and Jill deserves the shit it's getting because its got real actors in it.

Apr 2 - 02:27 PM

Kyle Thurman

Kyle Thurman

Jack and Jill had real actors in it?

Apr 2 - 10:49 PM

BMS1234

brandon sideleau

It's a relieving to, for once, not have someone come in and blast us for "hating soldiers" or some bogus nonsense just because that movie sucked ass. Sorry, just because a movie stars Navy SEALS doesn't mean I need to blindly kiss it's ass! There's a reason why movies have actors- they can ACT (well...most of the time, anyway.)

Apr 3 - 08:15 PM

Apr 3 - 12:21 AM

Janson Jinnistan

Janson Jinnistan

Apr 3 - 01:03 AM

George Patchell

George Patchell

I like the Razzies but my biggest problem is they don't seem to take themselves seriously - I know thats the joke but after so many years that joke has worn very thin. I think they could use a re-haul of their awards and maybe even structure themselves closer to the Oscars. I mean Adam Sandler and Martin Lawrence for worst actress? I get that since they are playing women in the movies they are trying to be clever by nominating them but its been done to death. If they just did it properly they really might become a properly respected awards show. Most of the awards seem to be cluttered like nominating one actor/actress for multiple films, why not just one? I think the joke of showing everyone how cool they are by nominating the worst movies needs to be freshened up and maybe by doing it all formal and almost pretending to take it very seriously they could start a new joke with a fresher punch line. I'm curious as to who wins and most of the nominees seem about right but it needs to be reined in a bit I think.

Feb 25 - 11:58 PM

BLBnow

Brad Barfoot

This post is a joke. Nobody cares who wins or loses these things. Its just a way to rip on bad movies. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Feb 26 - 01:10 AM

Brad H.

Brad Hadfield

No, I concur with the post. The razzies have an opportunity to really highlight the worst that Hollywood offers, yet they're squandering the opportunity by being cute or jumping on hate bandwagons. I mean, breaking dawn is on worst film, but not, say, human centipede 2? And on the twilight topic, Kristen Stewart as worst actress? Did they see the movie? She actually was very good. Not the lip-biting teen she's been in the others. So, it's obvious they're now catering to perceived coolness.

Feb 26 - 11:34 AM

King  S.

King Simba

It's interesting that they nominated Kristen Stewart for worst actress as even the critics who gave the film bad reviews praised her performance. Similarly Al Pacino was basically the only positive thing critics had to say about Jack and Jill.

Feb 26 - 12:57 PM

Vits

Vicente Torres

HUMAN CENTIPEDE 2 was all over the ballots. It was lucky to not get any nominations.

Feb 26 - 01:08 PM

Dave J

Dave J

For as long as I've been keeping track of the Razzies! And in order for a movie to qualify for a "Razzie" must have big name actors and a huge budget, so in my opinion "The Human Centipede 2" doesn't qualify since they're hundreds of other 'low budget' horror films that can also make it to the same category as well! That's why films such as "Battlefield Earth" and "Catwoman" make the list since they're labelled as big budget movies with big name, high paying actors

Feb 27 - 12:43 PM

Luvagoo

Tallulah Robinson

Digs in Twilight have long been pathetic, yes.

Because honestly, 35% one of the 5 worst movies on the year? Ugh.

Mar 2 - 01:54 AM

Dominic Fucinari

That problem started around 2010 with Twilight Saga: Eclipse. My latest hypothesis as to why it was nominated for Worst Picture of '010 was: For some reason, the head of the RAZZIES thought the awards and web forum weren't getting enough attention. To draw people in, he needed to spread Twilight: Eclipse all over the nominating ballots. Problem is, he accidentally went overboard and put it on the list for Worst Picture.

Apr 3 - 12:25 AM

Vits

Vicente Torres

I told John Wilson (founder of the Razzies) the same thing, but he doesn't care if the awards are taken seriously or not.

Feb 26 - 01:07 PM

Justin Jaeger

Justin Jaeger

I'm just not going to read this long comment about the Razzies. It's the Razzies.

Apr 3 - 11:50 AM

Nine Movies That Bring the Funk

Weekly Binge
Weekly Binge

Watch Arrested Development

Cosplay Gallery
Cosplay Gallery

See over 350 Comic-Con Costumes!

Photo gallery of great movie spaceships