Jack and Jill vs. the World Reviews

April 2, 2011
umm... Taryn Manning's acting was weak. hey, Hollywood! i can be better! lol
½ November 26, 2012
The charismatic chemistry of the two leads is what holds this film together, a good message, but its been done before and loses the entertainment value along the way. However you can't help connect to the two leads and wish them the best in their pursuits.
August 5, 2012
Freddie was not so great ... Taryn Manning reminds me of a younger Meg Ryan ...just nice
½ July 30, 2012
It's okay. A bit boring. But, you know, sometimes fun is overrated. :)
½ April 21, 2012
The two main characters didn't have no chemistry at all. Freddie Prinze Jr. looked good as usual. His love interest was hiddeous.
April 8, 2012
Jack (Freddie Prinze Jr) is a 30-something advertising man, living an urban life of complete routine. He is successful, stylish and completely bored. Then, he meets Jill (Taryn Manning) a fiery, independent and adorable free spirit who enters his life like a hurricane. Jill is the first woman Jack has met who doesn't want to get serious, which makes her perfect for him, and by days end they are roommates. What Jack didn't count on was falling for Jill and with her habit of disappearing for days on end and his suspicions she is hiding a secret he may be forced to face those feelings head on.

also stars Kelly Rowan, Vanessa Parise, Robert Forster, Peter Stebbings, Hannah Lochner, Charles Martin Smith and Robin Dunne.

directed by Vanessa Parise.
½ November 10, 2011
One of the worst movies, Sandler has ever done, and he has done some BAD ones. Skip this, I saw it free, and walked out on it.
½ May 21, 2011
Interesting movie, not my favorite but pretty good. It had an interesting plot but I'm not sure I could completely buy it.
October 26, 2010
my fav. shoot when they wrote a Manifesto of Rules to Live
February 4, 2009
So when I was at the library, I saw this movie on the new release rack and thought "Hey, FPJ movies are always good to kill some time with" and wow was I ever wrong.
Freddie Prince Jr stars as Jack, a New York City advertising exec. who's life is just like the ads he spins. While Taryn Manning as Jill is a free spirit who instantly connects with Jack.
And after the introductions of the characters is where the good part of the movie ends. It's your typical love story with rules added to it, and the number 1 rule is HONESTY. As usual the girl breaks it right off the back.
Now I can understand why Jack gets upset when he finds out the big "suprise" and why Jill lied to him, but only for a minute. Most people should comfort that person but Jack was pretty much an ass. And then you have your typical ending where he goes to apologize in a big way and they drive off into the nyc sunset.
The fact is, most of FPJ movies are fluff but this one was just horrible. And Taryn Manning is a horrible actress and should just stick to singing. Be wary of this film, for it will steal 89 mins of your life where you could be doing something else.
November 15, 2009
It was a cute movie. Not a favorite but wasn't bad either.
½ August 28, 2009
El verdadero amor no siempre es facil... pero llega facil...
½ April 24, 2008
This was just not that great.
½ November 17, 2008
One more adorable chick flick to add to my collection. This was one of the better ones in my opinion because of the neurotic behaviors of the female lead character. The cast consisted of some very strange characters and it was delightful. One thing made me very crazy - the very large and very obvious tattoo on Prinze Jr.'s arm kept switching arms!
July 28, 2009
I have no interest in any of these people!
½ June 25, 2009
Have seen it and enjoyed it
April 5, 2009
parallels to 'sweet november' cannot be rejected: business man imprisoned in a world consisting of money meets a woman who lives for the moment and doesnt follow the rules of materialism. a clash of two perspectives. but this copy is too simple and has no new facettes. i'll keep it with the original.
June 28, 2008
beautiful story, full of life and hope!