Jack and Sarah (1995)
Average Rating: 5.8/10
Reviews Counted: 12
Fresh: 9 | Rotten: 3
No consensus yet.
Average Rating: N/A
Critic Reviews: 3
Fresh: 1 | Rotten: 2
Average Rating: 3.5/5
User Ratings: 8,059
A temperamental London lawyer adapts to the challenges of fatherhood when he is left with sole responsibility for his infant daughter in this well-performed British comedy-drama. Richard E. Grant stars as Jack, a high-pressure attorney who believes his life is on the right track: a successful career, a beautiful wife (Imogen Stubbs), and a baby on the way. Tragedy strikes, however, when his wife dies during labor, leaving Jack to raise his daughter Sarah, named in his wife's honor. Shocked and
Mar 22, 1996 Wide
Aug 19, 2003
Richard E. Grant
William The Tramp
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
A heartwarming, finely-performed movie
Grant and Mathis are charming, but the script is not.
Well-performed domestic comedy-drama
Audience Reviews for Jack and Sarah
- Amy: I was perfectly happy being miserable.
- Jack: She doesn't need someone who's impressive, Mum. She needs someone who'll love her.
- Anna: All I'm saying is, if you'd like a couple of days off around the 22nd, it would be good for us.
- Jack: But she's not due until the 25th, Anna.
- Anna: Fine, I'm just saying things will be more manageable around the 22nd.
- Jack: All right. sure. I'll ask Sarah to check her diary and see if she can bring the birth forward.
- Jack: Do you want nipple pads or nipple shield or just the pads?
- Amy: Bastard.
- Jack: Okay, I'll get both. Flesh colored or white? [shrugs]
- Amy: If your father goes on this way, we're going to end up being a single parent family.
Discuss Jack and Sarah on our Movie forum!