Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher

Anybody who's read the Lee Child books who this character is from had to cringe when they heard Tom Cruise was playing Jack Reacher. Tom Cruise is a very good actor too, this is just plain bad casting.
Ivan Baccarat
11-26-2012 04:24 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Glenda Lynne Allan-Young

Glenda Lynne Allan-Young

I said it before and I'll say it again, Jack Reacher is my hero. Tom Cruise is NOT Jack Reacher!!

Oct 9 - 03:07 PM

Mike Fitzpatrick

Mike Fitzpatrick

I have read most of the Reacher books and and in the books he is 6'5" and 250 lbs. Cruise was certainly miscast for the part !

Aug 24 - 07:48 PM

Jason T.

Jason Turno

Cruise gets a zero when it comes to looking like him, But I give him a 90 on being the Character. I Think Cruise did very well.

Oct 5 - 12:45 PM

Morrie C. Lorena

Morrie C. Lorena

Jack Reacher fans would probably dislike the choice of Tom Cruise. He is too handsome, too small, too un-Reacher. I think Dwayne Johnson or Stone Cold Steve Austin would have been a better choice.

Aug 10 - 08:27 PM

Bradley Pfeifer

Bradley Pfeifer

I just watched the film. I liked it; a good movie, not a great movie. I did not like the casting of Cruise. Mostly because of the size difference, but also just because of Cruise. Does he really instill fear in strangers upon approach? No way. I wonder if he will play the role in future films.

Jul 27 - 08:38 PM

Jim Ellerbrake

Jim Ellerbrake

Jack Reacher is 6 foot 5 inches and weighs 250 pounds....Tom Cruise is no Jack Reacher......

Jun 3 - 09:01 AM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

For this one, the "TOP CRITICS" got it pegged. The other schlep critics are just that: schleps and as far as the audience critique goes..............they're still...kids

Jun 1 - 11:51 AM

Porcupine Glenn

Porcupine Glenn

I've never read the books -- but I could immediately tell he's miscast. He's too nice. Too likable. Then he offs a guy, or does something else inappropriate -- it seems off-key.

The whole movie was off-key. It had it's moments, it's passably entertaining -- the shame is that it's some good material wasted.

May 21 - 04:13 AM

Robert Derrington

Robert Derrington

Pity Brian Dennehy is just too old. He would have been perfect physically as well as being a superb actor.

May 8 - 12:17 AM

Scott Walker

Scott Walker

HORRIBLE CASTING! A disgrace to the Reacher series.

May 6 - 08:43 PM

Dan Ketch

Dan Ketch

I like Cruise as Reacher one hell of alot more than I liked little, withered, pot-bellied Joe Montenga as Spenser.

May 3 - 02:58 PM

Daniel G.

Daniel Ganser

I liked it. I bet if Matt Damon was Reacher there would have been 20 points more in the review averages

Apr 24 - 07:42 PM

Gab Carr

Gab Carr

Hugh Jackman, Brad Pitt and Chris Hemsworth were choices

Feb 2 - 04:26 PM

Taru Hotarinen

Taru Hotarinen

My choice would have been Jim Caviezel. In Person Of Interest Caviezel is a lot like Reacher.

May 18 - 07:25 AM

Steven Parr

Steven Parr

I watched Lee Child interviewed about the casting and it seemed he was was endorsing Cruse under duress! Maybe he was forced into it in the end! I dont know exactly what I had envisioned Recher would look like facially so maybe for a Reacher movie franchise a new guy would have been best. One thing is for sure, the physical essence of the charater is his size. This both causes him problems as well as being an asset. I dont care how good or bad Cruise is.. he isnt my movie Reacher!

Jan 29 - 06:37 PM

Gerri Bishop

Gerri Bishop

Pipsqueak Cruise as Reacher....where is my Pepto Bismol???

Jan 28 - 09:07 PM

Kelson Obina

Kelson Obina

This entire movie was terrible and Tom Cruise was never going to be the one to save it. I came into the movie with absolutely no expectations. No jaded concepts. I had not read the books nor had I even seen a trailer to this film. Half the time I kept feeling like this was supposed to be a parody to action detective thriller genre but it was a parody that didn't know it was a parody with dialogue written so badly I imagined an isolated college student in a basement somewhere writing this script as self-indulgent fan-fiction. The fight scenes didn't even make sense.

Jan 13 - 10:57 PM

Marty C

Martin Cooper

the Rock coulda done it.

Jan 10 - 04:50 PM

Chris Jennings

Chris Jennings

A little indulgent if you ask me. A 5'7", 145-pound, one-man wrecking crew? Bit of a 'reach' Tom, no? Plus, he stinks as an actor. I'll take TC in the 'Rain Man' any day. Just PLEASE stop taking on these tough guy roles. You're soooo not tough.

Jan 9 - 08:21 AM

Maria F.

Maria Floray

Gotta agree. TC trying to be a tough guy just comes across as humourous. He just doesn't measure up to the Jack Reacher character.

Jan 9 - 01:38 PM

Rod Davidson

Rod Davidson

Gotta agree, if you read the books you will find that Reacher is 6'6" and 220 lbs and more than lethal. Cruise just doesn't have it in him.

Apr 28 - 04:54 PM

Jessica Aissa

Jessica Aissa

Jim Caviziel as John Reese in Person of Interest does a better job as Reacher than Tom Cruise. Stating that obvious that Tom Cruise, even though he is a very good actor, has a name, and that is what the producers were aiming at instead of actually getting someone who could play a decente Jack Reacher.

Jan 5 - 02:47 PM

Taru Hotarinen

Taru Hotarinen

By the episode 3, 1.st season of Person of Interest I thought, Caviezel IS Reacher.

May 18 - 07:27 AM

Doug West

Doug West

I pictured someone slightly bigger than Randy "the Natural" Couture for this role with similar looks. I wouldn't have suggested that particular person for the role, but that rough angular look. I think the physicality of the character impacts the response that the Reacher receives from those he meets. That being said, I like the novels and I will likely see the movie. Cruise doesn't have a tremendous range or at least chooses roles that don't allow that range to show, but I suppose the same complaint could be made of John Wayne or a substantial amount of the work of Eastwood and yet I enjoy them both.

Jan 5 - 09:10 AM

Lynn Siddall Toornman

Lynn Siddall Toornman

If I had to cast an A-lister for the physical role, I would have imagined it to be more of a Liam Neeson type, lanky and lethal. But I think that Cruise pulled it off well...lower center of gravity, granted, but he still knows how to kick butt! Cruise as Reacher, Selleck as Stone, Crowe as Javert...not spot-on choices, given the literary descriptives, but enjoyable adaptations. Open up your minds! You might enjoy it as much as I did!

Jan 4 - 08:31 PM

Ann Tallis

Ann Tallis

I have read every Jack Reacher book and was initially disappointed when Tom Cruise was chosen. However, he played a hell of a Jack Reacher, absolutely the way I see him (with or without being 6'5" and 220 pounds. This will be a strong franchise for Tom.

Jan 4 - 03:45 PM

Ann Tallis

Ann Tallis

I have read every Jack Reacher book and was initially disappointed when Tom Cruise was chosen. However, he played a hell of a Jack Reacher, absolutely the way I see him (with or without being 6'5" and 220 pounds. This will be a strong franchise for Tom.

Jan 4 - 03:45 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

agreed

Jan 3 - 12:15 PM

Lesley Harrison

Lesley Harrison

Apparently Anne Rice did not want Tom Cruise to play her vampire Lestat. She wanted Rutger Hauer for the roll. When Cruise played him in the movie it was beleivable because he played the part perfectly, he was a vsampire. He is not Jack Reacher who in the books is 6feet 4 inches not 4feet 6 inches. I watched the movie last night and all the way through it i could not take it seriously because Jack Reacher is a giant of a man not a skinny little actor.

Jan 3 - 10:53 AM

Bernadette Lithgow

Bernadette Lithgow

You have to have a good imagination when reading Jack Reacher books. the more I read, the less I want to see Tom Cruise in the role. My imagination that he can put life into Reacher isn't doing it for me. I am watching Bruce Willis in his Die Hard movies. he would have been awesome and more believable. Any of Cruise's ex wives would have been better in the role. Not seeing it.

Jan 1 - 03:11 PM

Stephen Tonge

Stephen Tonge

I agree - really enjoyable movie. Highly entertaining

Dec 31 - 12:27 PM

Michael Parker

Michael Parker

I really enjoyed this film. Moved at just the right pace. I would recommend this movie. Cruise was great!

Dec 31 - 11:12 AM

Tony Kamps

Tony Kamps

Funny that all you Jack Reacher novel lovers who are hating on the casting of Cruise gloss over the fact that the writer of the novel endorsed the casting of Cruise. Not only that who would you want in the role that fits the character's description? What good actor is 6'5" and 250lbs? And if anyone says The Rock seriously you are an idiot. The Rock as Jack Reacher would have been Walking Tall 2, and who wants that? I must also say considering the character is supposed to be a bad ass ex-Army guy I think the casting is perfect. I am ex-military and some of the most bad ass guys are Cruise's size. I saw the movie and thought it was really good. See the movie before you start hating on Cruise. I hated Tobey Maguire's casting as Spider-Man, but he was perfect for the role.

Dec 31 - 06:42 AM

Doug West

Doug West

There is a classically trained actor Joe Maganiello who is 6'5" tall. I think that there are more actors out there that are tall, but it is difficult for Hollywood to trust a franchise to a relative unknown. A really tough looking 5'7" guys doesn't produce the same visceral response as a really tough looking 6'5" guy.

Jan 5 - 09:23 AM

Sean Moore

Sean Moore

That's an interesting comparison between Maguire and Cruise...I thought that Toby came off as a little wienie in tights and all he did was bitch about the work and writing not being up to his standards...really came off as limp little dicked hustler ..I see all of Cruise's guy roles as the same he isn't a tough guy and he can't play a tough guy....He has no chemistry on screen

Jan 6 - 01:31 AM

Chris Jennings

Chris Jennings

Ryan Hurst (Sons of Anarchy) woulda been GREAT as Jack Reacher. Not only is he big, he also knows how to act (two areas where TC is lacking).

Jan 9 - 08:27 AM

Jake Matillano

Jake Matillano

Tom Cruise is NOT the person I want to imagine when I'm reading a Jack Reacher novel. This is an insult to Jack Reacher!

Dec 30 - 04:39 PM

Greg West

Greg West

Saw this last night and must say I thought it was slow going and not A action movie (like it seemed in trailer)in my opinion. The plot was ok and think I saw A bloop just after the Chevelle did A U turn over the median.I need to see it again to be sure but wont. Really dissappointed in Tom Cruise. It just seemed like he thought it would have been something he could look good in but didnt.I really didnt see much emotion or compassion in his acting and the fight seens were fair at best.Supporting charactures seemed drab. I didnt know he directed it untill later and then it seemed to make sense why it was like that. Im sorry just my opinion.

Dec 29 - 07:03 PM

Tony Kamps

Tony Kamps

Tom Cruise didn't direct the movie, Christopher McQuarrie did.

Dec 31 - 06:34 AM

Michele Cryan

Michele Cryan

Saw the movie, didn't read the book. The movie felt like a posed vanity shot featuring Mr. Cruise. Cringe and boo. (though I don't care about the height thing.)

Dec 29 - 01:52 PM

Jedda Do

Jedda Do

There are so many great books that don't get made into movies, I'd rather have Tom Cruise on the big screen as Reacher than no Reacher movie at all. I did cringe when I heard who had been cast, but Cruise will get a lot of people into theatres and that means a better chance of another Reacher movie... The movie is very, very rarely as good as the book anyway.

Dec 29 - 12:48 PM

Jedda Do

Jedda Do

OK now that I've seen it I change my stance. Was sorely disappointed. And I really, really wanted to see it. Sigh.

Apr 24 - 03:02 AM

Lillian Vito

Lillian Vito

Boo. Won't go to see my 6'5" hero played by a guy shorter than me. It's a joke. The best thing about the books is this larger than life ex MP who uses his skills in fantastical situations. I imagine a bull fight arouses similar emotions; except in this case, Reacher is the bull you're rooting for. No offense, Tom, but you're not my fantasy of this gentle giant.

Dec 28 - 08:29 PM

Don Burdett

Don Burdett

I've enjoyed Tom Cruise movies but moreso, I have enjoyed the Jack Reacher character more. Tom Cruise is not believable to those who enjoyed the books. Jack Reacher tall, muscled and imposing.

Dec 28 - 05:38 AM

Robert Almond

Robert Almond

Tom cruise's production co. bought the rights to the books. that unfortunately is that. I would have rather seen ray steveson play reacher. He's got the size and if you saw Rome he can act. But it isnt in the cards. t looks likeCruise has captured the spirit if not the size of reacher. I am torn about seeing this one on the big screen or renting it.

Dec 26 - 11:32 PM

Anthony Chau

Anthony Chau

I have watched the movie and loved it. I am currently reading the first Reacher novel and I can't see Tom as Reacher... and personally, I like Tom's portrayal of the character a whole lot more. Perhaps the next novel will read better. I can't wait for the next Jack Reacher movie. Until then, I'll be watching the Jack Reacher movie again.

Dec 25 - 11:11 PM

Michael Parker

Michael Parker

DITTO!

Dec 31 - 11:13 AM

David C.

David C

How many 6-5 actors are there? Was Vince Vaughn going to play Jack Reacher....maybe, Will Ferrel. Hugh Jackman is under 6-0. Robert Mitchum is dead. I liked the movie...didn't read the books. Not a big Tom Cruise fan but I have liked quite a few of his movies.

Dec 25 - 09:20 AM

Pete Bateman

Pete Bateman

Cringe is indeed exactly the correct word. I cringed.

Dec 24 - 08:11 AM

hugh r.

hugh rees

Completely agree with JohnnyValaerieSykes. May as well cast Brad Pitt as The Elephant Man and not bother with makeup. I have read all the books and Reacher's physical presence is a major attribute. I will not watch the movie as it would spoil any further books I may read. Lee Child has sold out, presumably to up the movie figures. Anyone reading the books after seeing the movie will be quite bemused. It's a shame. Don't know who would have been suitable. Years ago, Clint Walker perhaps, but the top actors all seem to be pretty boys now.

Dec 23 - 05:11 AM

Oneleggoalie

Oneleg Goalie

They should have nothing. If this dwarf hadn't put his name to paper, there would not have been a movie...oh, wait, did we just sign his contract ? Oh well.

Dec 22 - 02:36 AM

Dalene Mactier

Dalene Mactier

Should have casted Hugh Jackman.

Dec 21 - 10:45 PM

Alex M.

Hipster Elitist Maverick

Well, I think it'll be hard to find someone so ripped that his muscles can act as bulletproof vests. That did happen in one of the books, right? At least they're steeped in realism.

Dec 21 - 09:40 PM

Trisha Miller

Trisha Miller

um, no, it didnt.

Dec 26 - 05:08 PM

Alan Kirchmeyer

Alan Kirchmeyer

umm, yeah it did, when he was shot by hook hobie w/ a 38

Jan 5 - 12:19 PM

JohnnyValerie Sikes

JohnnyValerie Sikes

He is so miscast in this part that I refuse to watch the movie. The books all about Jack Reacher's size and ability to take out his enemies. A shrimp like Cruise just isn't up to the part.

Dec 21 - 11:22 AM

Sharon Henderson

Sharon Henderson

I have read all the Jack Reacher novels and I don't care one bit that Tom Cruise is shorter than the the fictional character. The books are not about how tall he is anyway. I can't wait to see the movie.

Dec 20 - 05:09 PM

Pete Bateman

Pete Bateman

"The books are not about how tall he is anyway." I don't know what you were reading then. Best read them again and pay attention this time.

Dec 24 - 08:10 AM

Lesley Harrison

Lesley Harrison

The books are about Jack Reacher, he is 6 feet 5 and 250 pounds, not a tiny little guy whose wives have to wear flat shoes.

Jan 3 - 10:59 AM

Bryan Boyer

Bryan Boyer

Jack Reacher 6 foot 5, Tom Crusie is like 5 foot 8, where's the logic in that? and what happened to Howie Long playing Jack?

Dec 19 - 05:16 PM

Tony Kamps

Tony Kamps

People realized that a movie starring Howie Long would fucking suck! see Firestorm.

Dec 31 - 06:45 AM

Charles Matthews

Charles Matthews

Child's Reacher is part Sherlock Holmes, part James Bond, and part Sgt. Rock. Since I can't see Cruise playing any of those, I can't see him playing all of them at once.

Dec 18 - 09:51 PM

Seth Richter

Seth Richter

It's a shame Peter Dinklage wasn't available

Dec 18 - 11:56 AM

Tamara Downey

Tamara Downey

Tom Cruise is a great actor, but a little man, too small to take seriously in an enforcer role.

Dec 18 - 11:49 AM

Michal Mathews

Michal Mathews

In print, you can smell the night air that Reached breathes and feel the crunch of the gravel under his shoes. Child has given us so much of him to savor that it will take more than Cruise to spoil it. I won't snivel and rant like others of you seem to prefer...I'll approach it in a more pragmatic way. There's the literary Reacher and then there's the film Reacher. I'll see the first movie and go from there. I mean, REALLY guys...it's just a movie we're talking about here, not something important like a streaming hot cup of coffee.

Dec 16 - 02:10 AM

George Spear

George Spear

I'm skeptical but i'm a huge lee childs fan and plan to see the movie then make my decision.

Dec 15 - 04:59 PM

Habib Ullah

Habib Ullah

Well, its not a great choice choice but a good one. Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher, A Good Choice.

Dec 14 - 08:55 AM

Jo Stokes

Jo Stokes

Jack Reacher played by Cruise - is this a joke?! Goes so far against how I imagine Reacher I'm scared to watch the film. One shot is undoubtably my fav Reacher novel and I'm not sure I want to see it on the big screen with a pint size, wooden actor like cruise.

Dec 13 - 07:05 AM

Porcupine Glenn

Porcupine Glenn

GET OVER It and accept Tom as Reacher. Watch the movie, then judge. Cry babies.

Dec 12 - 05:54 AM

Arsh Pauwels

Arsh Pauwels

EXACTLY! I can't believe how many adults turned babies are sobbing over a movie...

Dec 17 - 10:17 AM

Oliver D.

Oliver Davidson

I concur. Many of these commenters are reviewing the movie without even seeing it. Minority Report and Collateral: two great action movies both starring Cruise. In the latter, Cruise was excellent as an "enforcer," albeit a negative role. I haven't read the Reacher novels, but I think this movie could be good.

Dec 20 - 01:51 PM

Jay Lim

Jay Lim

Saw the movie and Tom was a very convincing Reacher. Haters gonna hate, I guess..

Dec 22 - 12:33 PM

Marty C

Martin Cooper

You got it Jay. Saw the movie. liked it a lot. I don't care if Tom doesn't match the book character in physical dimensions. He captured the tude and approach.

Dec 23 - 03:41 PM

Robert Almond

Robert Almond

If someone has read the books, they want the movie to mirror them. It is understandable that people that have invested hours and money in a series wnt the movie to be like the books. Fans by definition are Fan-atical.

Dec 26 - 11:38 PM

dk_lim

David Lim

Even Lee Childs, author of the Jsck Reacher books, said Tom Cruise was a great choice for the role because he captured the spirit of the character, which is much more important than the physical appearance.

Dec 11 - 02:44 PM

Logan L.

Logan Locke

No. I think it has more to do with Cruise's box office status than his acting skills. He is talented, and has had some great performances, but none that you could really say is iconic. I would have perfered Alexander Skarsgard. The look, the size, and the talent, all in one.

Dec 17 - 02:47 PM

Tony Kamps

Tony Kamps

Yeah bc Cruise's films have done oh so well at the box office. Take away his Mission Impossible 3 movie and the numbers are terrible.

Dec 31 - 06:47 AM

Nuschler

Helen O Kekai

Of course Lee Child would love Cruise in the role! It would make tons of money for Child and more movies. Child started out as a script writer for British TV shows. Now he is making Hollywood films with Cruise!! And Child even puts himself in to the movie as a bit character. Oh Puh-lease!!!
There are those of you who are saying that those of us who have read every Reacher novel are complaining about a 5'5" diminutive 50 year old "star" playing Reacher? Well Yeah! Jack Reacher is 6'4", 240 pounds of a 35 year old MAN with a huge body mass who is able to toss 6 guys around like toothpicks in a bar He is not "cute" like Tom. He is a solid man. And after you read all 15 or 16 novels you get an idea in your head of what this character looks like. We were imagining a Robert Mitchum! Not a "TomKat!"
The writing is so good that it just never needed to be put into a movie. It's like having a 1900 page Victor Hugo novel being made into a movie musical! Oh yeah they just did that! "Les Miz!"

Doesn't anyone read anymore?? Maybe this movie will attract a new audience who like sadistic "heroes." But you will never understand Jack Reacher in a film.

Dec 21 - 11:05 AM

Howard Connet

Howard Connet

Excellent response. I love the critic who said, "Cruise comes up short in Jack Reacher, the movie". Right on.

Dec 22 - 10:21 AM

Tony Kamps

Tony Kamps

"who is able to toss 6 guys around like toothpicks in a bar maybe you should watch Superman if you want to see that, because Helen that shit isn't realistic. He could fight 6 guys, and win but to toss them around like nothing is not real and is meant for comic book movies.

Dec 31 - 06:49 AM

R.Roller

Shivam Parikh

First watch the movie then comment! I love Jack Reacher novels.
When I heard that Tom Crusie is going to be Jack Reacher. I said I'm not gonna watch this movie!! He doesn't even look like Jack Reacher! When I saw the movie I just got surprised! The movie was just awesome!!
I can't believe this. I now realize that Tom Cruise always delivers.
I'm not a fan of Cruise but after watching Jack Reacher, he just blew my mind. I'm going to watch it again! Once you watch the movie, you will not regret it for sure!

Dec 11 - 05:23 AM

Franklin Dickstein

Franklin Dickstein

Cruise as Reacher?? As silly as casting Jim Carrey as the next Bond.

Dec 9 - 07:04 PM

Andrew Targaryen

Andrew Targaryen

Oh goodness, those images are not pretty...

Dec 13 - 04:09 PM

Tamara Downey

Tamara Downey

The next bond is going to be a black man, yeahhhh

Dec 18 - 11:50 AM

editor11

William Lorton

For me the draw is Werner Herzog !

Dec 9 - 10:29 AM

Flaming the Fan

Holli B

I've never read any of the Reacher books, so I'm looking at this straight from a film perspective - which I am thankful for. I don't have any expectations nor preconceived notions of a character's physical appearance or personality. I'm just going to watch a movie and enjoy (or attempt to) enjoy it.

I can say that I completely understand how people feel as I was a lover of 'Interview with a Vampire' and when I heard that Tom Cruise was going to play Lestat, I lost my mind. He was nothing like the physical embodiment of Lestat. I couldn't even imagine him. But I will say that he made me believe that HE believed he was Lestat. And I was able to enjoy the movie. I've had my issues with some of his performances in the past, but I'm looking forward to seeing this as a stand-alone.

Dec 9 - 09:10 AM

Tom Marten

Tom Marten

See the movie then talk to me about whether Tom is right for the movie or not. All this negativity is from the Tom haters who would trash him even if he won the Oscar for best actor. They are not rational humans. Don't see the movie. Your loss on what could be a great action film. If anybody can pull it off it's Tom Cruise.

Dec 8 - 12:37 PM

Dingbat Charlie

Dingbat Charlie

seriously no one has bashed Cruise here just said that he doesn't seem right for the role.

If you'd get Tom's semen out of your eyes you might be able to see that in what is written.

Dec 19 - 11:18 PM

Joe Fishel

Joe Fishel

If anyone has actually seen the movie, I have a few questions for you. Please reply and let me know how to contact you. Thanks!

Dec 8 - 10:41 AM

Warren Acoose

Warren Acoose

Child would have endorsed Peter Dinklage--it doesn't mean anything. He may even be contractually obligated not to bad mouth the movie in any way.

Dec 7 - 08:17 PM

Iris Jarfree

Iris Jarfree

i've read every jack reacher book & i cringe when i see tom cruise in the previews. so not jack reacher! greed won unless box office sales tank.

Dec 7 - 07:58 AM

Jo Stokes

Jo Stokes

so agree, what a waste - could have been top notch

Dec 13 - 07:06 AM

J Chill Garcia

J Chill Garcia

I'm not Tom Cruise fan but he did justice to the film. Watch it.. very entertaining! I was even surprised I liked the film that much!

Dec 28 - 02:37 AM

Danielle DuPont

Danielle DuPont

I agree with most, I've read all the Jack Reacher books and Tom Cruise would never have even come close to who I would imagine Jack Reacher to be.This will be one movie I will have to skip.

Dec 4 - 08:55 PM

Christine MacInnes

Christine MacInnes

totally agree - Tom Cruise as the super macho 6'5" Jack Reacher! COME ON!!

Dec 8 - 05:36 PM

Steven Arias

Steven Arias

Same here. WTH were they thinking. Oh yeah, big name to draw crowds. :-/ I was really hoping that this would become a movie franchise.

Dec 22 - 09:47 AM

Bernadette Lithgow

Bernadette Lithgow

I totally agree too. Tom Cruise is really not one of the best actors around. He just doesn't have the physical presence and quiet strength that is required to play Jack Reacher. When Reacher comes into a room, he is noticed. I hope he doesn't ruin the franchise. Get someone else next time.

Jan 1 - 03:17 PM

Ryan B.

Ryan Bournigal

I am not a fan of Tom Cruise, but I think he will be able to pull this off. Child knows his character and must see something in Cruise that will make it work if he endorses him.

Dec 2 - 05:54 PM

Phyllis Dwyer

Phyllis Dwyer

Yeah what he can see is the top of Tom's head..he should have to look up to see Jack Reacher...As Gordon Gecko said greed is good..

Dec 8 - 05:38 AM

Nuschler

Helen O Kekai

A movie reviewer once commented that he saw TomCruise on a movie set and he thought it was a 3/4 miniature model! He is THAT small. All I can see is Cruise jumping up and down on Oprah's couch....

Dec 21 - 11:09 AM

Tevi Supangat

Tevi Supangat

I'm not a reader, so I'm in for the movie.. Open Minded is all we need..

Dec 2 - 06:31 AM

Muriel Irene

Muriel Irene

Total betrayal of Jack Reacher. I LOVE jack Reacher and only a younger Jack Nicholson could even begin to do Reacher justice. Casting Tom Cruise is a travesty. He is so very wrong for the part. I saw previews yesterday and my heart sank. There is not even an echo of Reacher. Lee Child sold his readers out. Cruise is no Reacher.

Nov 26 - 06:56 PM

John Moran

John Moran

I couldn't agree more.

Dec 4 - 03:31 PM

Danielle DuPont

Danielle DuPont

agreed!

Dec 4 - 08:55 PM

Jo Stokes

Jo Stokes

agree totally!

Dec 13 - 07:07 AM

Oliver D.

Oliver Davidson

Four reviews of a movie coming from four people who haven't even seen the movie. FYI- movie critics watch the movie BEFORE writing their reviews, not after. I've never seen Twilight because it does not appeal to me whatsoever, but I don't go around telling people that it's awful. That would be totally disingenuous.

Dec 20 - 01:54 PM

Sharon Henderson

Sharon Henderson

Jack Nich-

You have GOT to be kidding.

Dec 20 - 05:12 PM

Nuschler

Helen O Kekai

We thought-Robert Mitchum!

Dec 21 - 11:10 AM

J Chill Garcia

J Chill Garcia

I don't judge the book but its cover. In other words, I'm open minded and give people a chance. I don't watch movie for its actor, but as a whole. And I never criticize a movie without watching it. So without prejudice, I watched the movie. And I'm I was surprised that the movie was really good! Very entertaining and Tom Cruise did his role convincingly. Just watch it guys, then prove me wrong!

Dec 28 - 02:44 AM

Muriel Irene

Muriel Irene

Total betrayal of Jack Reacher. I LOVE jack Reacher and only a younger Jack Nicholson could even begin to do Reacher justice. Casting Tom Cruise is a travesty. He is so very wrong for the part. I saw previews yesterday and my heart sank. There is not even an echo of Reacher. Lee Child sold his readers out. Cruise is no Reacher.

Nov 26 - 06:52 PM

J Chill Garcia

J Chill Garcia

Watch the movie... you will be surprised as i did. I was ready to destroy the movie, but it proved me wrong!

Dec 28 - 02:46 AM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile