Does Anyone Else Hate Tom Cruise?

Tom Cruise might be the worst actor of all time, and that's saying something. Mission Impossible is just SHIT, and the guy can't act, even in a remote sense of the term. Am I alone in this? Does anyone else hate Tom Cruise?

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Marshall Allman

Marshall Allman

I love how Nicolas Cage posted the the bit about Tom being a bad actor, Nicolas is terrible

Sep 12 - 07:52 PM

Marc Cerone

Marc "Cerone" Chaudry

You can't handle the Tutweiller, SO JOIN HIM...

Aug 26 - 07:52 PM

Susanne Rouse

Susanne Rouse

Yes I really can't stand that phony overrated actor

Aug 16 - 09:29 PM

Rocket

Rocket Raccoon

I thought he was spectacular in Collateral and Minority Report. I actually like him as an actor.

May 30 - 05:35 PM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

I don't care what anyone says, I love Tom Cruise (as an actor his social life is a tad sketchy).

May 27 - 04:18 AM

Grand M.

Grand Mesa

Darth, you aren't in ANY POSITION to call anybody a 'bad actor'.
This was a different thing for Tom. I found it drawn out and I fell asleep in it.And contrived.

May 12 - 02:35 AM

David Lo Pan

EntertainMeOrDie .

No, you.

May 10 - 03:13 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

He can act. Off the screen is where it gets sketchy

May 10 - 01:23 PM

Romy Lawrence

Romy Lawrence

He's a knob.

May 8 - 07:06 PM

Scott Walker

Scott Walker

Quite possibly the worst casting of any movie ever. Like casting Danny DeVito as an Olympic high jumper.

May 6 - 08:41 PM

Tim T.

Tim Tom

I like him although he s a closet gay cult member this movie was pretty bad. It all seemed a bit blah.

May 5 - 06:53 AM

Jacob Miller

Jacob Miller

I think Tom Cruise is a phenomenal actor and I'll see almost anything he's in. I disagree with you completely.

May 4 - 05:05 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

Most movies he's in are great. My favorite is war of the worlds. I know what you're going to say. "That movie sucked", but I loved it.

May 10 - 01:26 PM

Diego Tutweiller

The Artist Formerly Known as Tutweiller

That movie sucked.

Jun 24 - 07:12 PM

Dan Ketch

Dan Ketch

I like him.

May 3 - 02:55 PM

Seph Gold

Seph Gold

I think what we're somewhat tired of is the cult of stardom that surrounds people like Tom Cruise. It would be better if these egomaniacs found some fresher faces to put out there instead of producing and starring in their own movies and forcing themselves down our throats year after year. But I still go to their movies because there's not much else to do in the way of affordable entertainment these days.

May 3 - 02:26 PM

Seph Gold

Seph Gold

I think what we're somewhat tired of is the cult of stardom that surrounds people like Tom Cruise. It would be better if these egomaniacs found some fresher faces to put out there instead of producing and starring in their own movies and forcing themselves down out throats year after year. But I still go to their movies because there's not much else to do in the way of affordable entertainment these days.

May 3 - 02:25 PM

Hunter Primm

Hunter Primm

I liked his acting in Mission Impossible. I haven't bothered seeing anything else by him, though.

May 1 - 05:27 PM

Ronald Neira

Ronald Neira

You ask: "Does anyone else hate Tom Cruise?"
I answer: "I don't"

Apr 30 - 11:24 AM

Ocram Immorto

Ocram Immorto

Have you seen Magnolia? The guy can act, it's just the projects he's attached to these days. Have you seen Ben Affleck's performance in Argo? It's worse than anything Cruise has ever done, and yet look at that RT score it got XD

Apr 4 - 06:54 PM

Dawn Gaudet

Dawn Gaudet

I have never liked him. He is an average actor and his arrogance comes through in his roles.

Mar 27 - 11:12 AM

Tony Stark

sam varma

mi4 was his best movie according to me

Mar 18 - 09:11 AM

ray l.

ray landry

You're insane.

Mar 11 - 04:41 PM

Tony Stark

sam varma

exactly

Mar 18 - 09:11 AM

El Squire

El Squire

Tom Cruise can't act - that's a fact ! But he can't act in exactly the same way that John Wayne couldn't. In other words he can take on roles that don't need any acting ability. The sad part is that he sometimes does take on those roles and SPLAT ! He reached the pinnacle of this with Jack Reacher...by 'buying' a role that he was never suited for he made himself a target for, not anyone who doesn't like him but for anyone who appreciates good movies and actors. I hope he's learned a lesson not to caste 'himself' in roles he can't play and sticks to his 'John Wayne' genre.

Feb 16 - 03:26 AM

ray l.

ray landry

That's not a fact, that's an idiotic opinion.

Mar 11 - 04:38 PM

Brendan Sullivan

Brendan Sullivan

that's a opinion like Ray said. you can't have a opinion as a fact.

May 10 - 01:27 PM

Dan Everett

Dan Everett

You are VERY alone on that one, pal

Feb 9 - 04:32 AM

Saetre

Saetre Saetre

Back in my days trolling meant something.

Tom Cruise is awesome.

Jan 20 - 02:27 PM

Maria F.

Maria Floray

Haven't liked Cruise for alot of years. His earlier movies were fine but after "Interview with a Vampire", he seems to take himself so brutally serious that all his movies seem like comedies.

Jan 9 - 01:29 PM

Luvagoo

Tallulah Robinson

Hell no, a lot of people hate him.

Not me, but I don't particularly like him - he's a dick in real life, but I still enjoyed Jack Reacher. Never read the books though. Seems like a lot of book fans really didn't like him, which is fair enough.

Jan 7 - 08:08 AM

Mitchell Nash

Mitchell Nash

My views of Tom have gone back and forth over time. I just saw Jack Reacher tonight and was a bit shocked that it only has 61%. I thought it was at least a solid 80% [ gave it 4/5 stars]. Sometimes his acting has a bit too much of 'him' for my liking [where he's just 'Tom Cruise' is 'a movie'] and I'm not a big fan of his personal views, but I heard he's an alright guy and I've enjoyed quite a few of his movies.

Jan 12 - 08:25 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

cuz youre gay

Jan 12 - 09:15 PM

El Squire

El Squire

Tallulah...I suggest you read the book sometime and you'll really understand why so many 'Jack Reacher' fans are pissed at Cruise 'buying' the role he was totally wrong for. Most Reacher fans were excited at the prospect of the first movie and hoped it would lead to a franchise - that was until Cruise 'bought' the role. Now it seems not only has he pissed off 99% of the Reacher fans but probably destroyed all chance of another movie. A shame since they had so much potential with the right lead (anyone over 6 feet and NOT Tom Cruise).

Feb 16 - 03:35 AM

ray l.

ray landry

Cruise didn't "buy" the role.

Mar 11 - 04:39 PM

Sean Moore

Sean Moore

I don't hate Cruise but I hate the stuff he puts out and calls it acting. I'm no fan of Russell Crowe but that man can act! Mr Crowe constantly surprises with his work on screen. Mr Cruise is always wooden and a one trick pony....look at any of his recent work and you could mix and match with either character cause they are all the same...LAME!

Jan 6 - 12:45 AM

Cyndi Bemis

Cyndi Bemis

Hate is a strong word, but the moment I heard Cruise had been chosen to play Reacher, I knew I would never see the movie. As a die-hard fan of the Lee Child series, and the Reacher character, Tom Cruise would have been my last pick to play the part.

Jan 4 - 08:36 AM

hollis m.

hollis mills

he is just average in films

Jan 3 - 12:14 PM

Bernadette Lithgow

Bernadette Lithgow

You are right when you say Tom Cruise is Tom Cruise. He is Tom Cruise playing Jack Reacher. They should have gotten a relatively unknown who is physically more imposing & as soon an actor. Lots of Reacher fans would have gone to see it; me included. But Hollywood just goes for the sure thing and really don't care what the ticket buying public wants. As for Mr. Child, hopefully he didn't sell out by agreeing to go with Cruise.

Jan 1 - 03:23 PM

Plain Jane

Plain Jane

Seriously, someone needs to get a life. No one else would waste time posting such a pointless question. BTW, TitWilly--the Big Lebowski sucked ass--especially "The Dude". P.S. The dumbfuck icon you have of him looks like Charlie Manson. Just sayin', dude... ;)

Dec 31 - 10:12 PM

Plain Jane

Plain Jane

Seriously, someone needs to get a life. BTW, TitWilly--the Big Lebowski sucked ass--especially "The Dude". P.S. The dumbfuck icon you have of him looks like Charlie Manson. Just sayin', dude... ;)

Dec 31 - 10:09 PM

Facebook User

Facebook User

I USED TO HATE TOM CRISE MORE THAN ANY ACTOR BUT NOW WILL SMITH IS DUMB FAGGOT I HATE THE MOST. WILL SMITH IS A SMUG SMARMY BIG HEADED CUNT WHO THINKS HIS SHIT DONT STINK AND HIS MOVIES FUCKING SUCK I CRINGE EVERYTIME I SEE THAT BASTARD ON MY TV. THE WORST THING I HATE ABOUT HIM IS HIS CONTINUES TO SHOVE HIS NO TALENT UGLY SNOT NOSE KIDS DOWN EVERYONES THROAT. JADEN SMITH HAS A MASSIVE EGO FOR SUCH A LIITLE SHIT HE CANT ACT AND HIS MOVIES ARE SHIT INCLUDING THAT PIECE OF SHIT KARATE KID REMAKE. WILLOW SMITH CANT SING SHE IS A UGLY BITCH AND THAT WHIP MY HAIR SONG WAS MADE BY SATAN. FUCK WILL SMITH AND HIS SHITTY ASS KIDS. I CAN PUT UP WITH TOM CRUISE NOW BUT WILL SMITH NEEDS TO FUCK OFF AND DIE.

Dec 31 - 05:29 AM

Sean Moore

Sean Moore

So right sir and it very much needed too be said...Thanks

Jan 6 - 12:47 AM

Tom Marten

Tom Marten

I don't hate Tom Cruise, but I hate people who feel the need to post everything with the caps lock button on. Loser!

Jan 6 - 09:00 AM

Rich Gehring Jr.

Rich Gehring Jr.

Yup.

Jan 24 - 03:46 PM

Ocram Immorto

Ocram Immorto

Well he's got shades on, so I'm not too surprised. Probably nocturnal or something, he seems to be wearing shades indoors -_-

Apr 4 - 06:56 PM

David Lo Pan

EntertainMeOrDie .

Oh geordie how we love you and miss you.

May 7 - 06:17 PM

Jon Martin

Jon Martin

Channing Tatum is definitely worst... Cruise is not the best, put is somewhere at the top behind legends like Sean Connery, Clint Eastwood and Steve McQueen.

Dec 29 - 11:31 AM

Troy Adamson

Troy Adamson

Worst actor? No. Try sitting through one of Nicholas Cage's excrements that he dares to call movies before you go bashing Tom Cruise. I don't like the guy's personality, but a few of his flicks are decent.

Dec 27 - 02:32 AM

Ocram Immorto

Ocram Immorto

Aye, fuck Jim Carrey, Nicholas Cage is the REAL Jim Carrey.

Apr 4 - 06:56 PM

Stephanie Wiggins

Stephanie Wiggins

Marion Kahn you are an IDIOT! Go back to school, learn to spell! ROLL is not ROLE. The title of this section is..."Does Anyone Else Hate Tom Cruise?" Not defend T.C. He is great in all of his Mission Impossible movies. I just can't stand his views of the world in which he is is the center of. I can't stand his version and the writer of the book of Jack Reacher...There are too many good-looking, hunks with blonde hair, 6 ft 2 in. beefcakes that can do that part with their eyes close. i.e. Chris Hemsworth or his brother...hot!

Dec 26 - 09:48 PM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

You honestly think that Tom Cruise is the absolute worst actor in the entire goddamn world? Are you fucking crazy?

Dec 26 - 09:41 PM

Facebook User

Facebook User

I FUCKING HATE TOM CRUISE SHIT HEAD FUCKING FAGGOT CANT ACT HIS MOVIES ARE PURE SHIT, I CANT ONLY PUT UP WITH HIS SORRY ASS IN INTERVIEW WITH A VAMPIRE. HE IS A FUDGE PACKING ALIEN WORSHIPPING FAGGOT MIDGET QUEER ASS BITCH. FUCK HIM FUCK HIS MOVIES AND FUCK HIS GAY FANS. TOM CRUISE FUCKING SUCKS. SO HAPPY KATIE HOLMES SNAPPED OUT OF THAT MIND CONTROL SHE WAS UNDER.

Dec 26 - 05:02 PM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

Yeah Geordie's here.

Dec 26 - 09:41 PM

Marjon Otten

Marjon Otten

Geordie is my Hero.

Jan 5 - 11:59 PM

Tom Marten

Tom Marten

Anyone who uses the word "faggot"these days is a closet case.

Jan 6 - 09:03 AM

Marion Kahn

Marion Kahn

Tom Cruise is Tom Cruise....He is not Steve MCQUEEN NO NOT CLINT EASTWOOD ..HE IS TOM CRUISE....Complain about him when you can do what he is doing ..acting..playing a roll..He is one of the greats...and if you don't like him you bet the girlfriend is...He's a good guy thats been given a bad rap.

Dec 26 - 01:46 PM

Lee Augustus

Lee Augustus

what about Keanu Reeves?

Dec 24 - 03:34 PM

Greg Perry

Greg Perry

The force-feeding continues.

After the audience and I who saw the trailer for Jack Reacher stopped laughing, I realized a few things. One: HE IS NO STEVE MCQUEEN. Then, I realized I had seen someone trying hard to sell their "star" as someone so tough, it would make Dirty Harry die of laughter--HE IS NO CLINT EASTWOOD. Then, I recalled another cringe-worthy piece of "reporting" from a few weeks ago, that he was planning on remaking The Magnificent Seven, with himself in the lead role, and realized--HE IS NO YUL BRYNNER.

But whatever his camp wishes to force-feed us, there are still plenty of cinema-goers who are not going to spend a dime on this "comedy." BTW, another spin piece on him being the "highest paid" last year--is that salary or earnings (makes a difference considering others were paid higher salaries)?

Also, this controversy DID occur before, with Ann Rice, who felt ‚??Huck Finn‚?? was playing her character; that controversy was gone, after Ms. Rice was to receive a considerable monetary deal for the adaptation with Cruise.

Rock of Ages bombed. MI4 earned most of its money in China, where most well-crafted US action films make a profit, regardless of its star.

Lessons learned: Question what you read now more than ever in this digital age, and don‚??t be afraid to laugh out loud in a movie theater.

Dec 24 - 11:29 AM

Dick Travis

Mick Travis

According to storyteller Nicholas Meyer, ?an actor is someone who pretends to be somebody else. A movie star is somebody who pretends that somebody else is them. Actors will change their face, will change their hair, will change their voice, will disappear into the role. A movie star doesn't disappear.?

Tom Cruise is a movie star, although he's given great performances in RISKY BUSINESS, BORN ON THE FOURTH OF JULY and MAGNOLIA. Diego obviously needs to watch more movies before having the balls to say Cruise is the worst actor of all time, considering he's always been more movie star than actor. I hate TOP GUN as it's nothing more than a dumbed-down rip-off of AN OFFICER AND A GENTLEMAN, but I don't blame Cruise for that.

By the way, here are some worse "actors": Gerard Butler, Orlando Bloom, Adam Sandler, Zac Efron, etc.

Dec 24 - 09:34 AM

Ocram Immorto

Ocram Immorto

Hey, Gerard Butler's pretty darn good man. Watch him in Coriolanus or Machine Gun Preacher. These are actors that have performances steered by the projects they choose.

Apr 4 - 06:58 PM

Pete Bateman

Pete Bateman

The man can act reasonable well when he is cast properly, but in this case I'm afraid his acting pales into insignificance in the shadow of his ego. Tiny Tom is not Jack Reacher and the fact he thought he could just goes to show what a puffed up pompous litle pillock he is.

Dec 24 - 08:08 AM

Tevi Supangat

Tevi Supangat

Just because he is a scientologist, it doesn't make him the worst. Open minded is all we need.. I feel a little sorry for them who always complain before watch the actual movie.. You can dislike this movie after you see it, but judge it before the release or hate someone else without any particular reason ? It represents the quality of your personality..

Dec 23 - 11:38 PM

Diego Tutweiller

The Artist Formerly Known as Tutweiller

Dude... I said nothing about Scientology.

Dec 31 - 01:08 PM

Jon J.

Jon Johannesson

The very notion of you calling him the worst actor of all time is ludicrous. He is far, far, far from the worst. As the above comments have already mentioned, Taylor Lautner is one of the many actors who are worse than Tom.

Dec 23 - 07:47 AM

Tevi Supangat

Tevi Supangat

I agree... hehehe maybe He only lives for hating Cruise. Tom maybe not a good actor but he is definitely not the worst..

Dec 23 - 11:36 PM

Darren L.

Darren Lee

Taylor Lautner is only 20 and has barely begun his career. Tom Cruise is fucking 50 with about 30yrs of acting under his belt. Why the hell are you guys even bringing TL into the conversation?

Jan 10 - 02:06 PM

Cody H.

Cody Halpert

Do you live in the same universe where Taylor Lautner exists?

Dec 22 - 09:02 PM

Andrea McClain

Andrea McClain

Compared to who?
There are very few actors who can carry a movie like Tom Cruise has done for at least 20 years of his career.
Name some actor/actress from the late 80's who is still making movies and those movies making (domestic and/or internationally) at least 100 million? Robert Downey Jr., Brad Pitt, who else?
Tom Cruise "Worst actor of all time"? Far from it.

Dec 22 - 12:55 PM

Jay Lim

Jay Lim

You are an idiotic hater. If Tom can't act, I can't figure out how bad Will Smith, Johnny Depp, Robert Downey Jr. and many other actors' acting are. He's no Robert De Niro but he's definitely far from Taylor Lautner.

Dec 22 - 12:29 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile