Does anyone else hate people who hate Tom Cruise?

Tom Cruise is an excellent actor who puts more into his roles than most in Hollywood. His attention to detail, stunt work and work ethic is above reproach. I am sick of people knocking him over his personal life.
Justin G.
12-22-2012 02:43 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

scifimark

scifi mark

I actually have a lot of respect for him. I think people hate him for his religion which i feel is unfair. I remember when Abrams did mi III which was his first movie cruise could of tried to intimidate him since it was his project but he said you are the director and ive heard numerous other stories from people in the film industry.

Jul 28 - 06:57 AM

Tony Stark

sam varma

even though he was not fit for the role he did extrememly well and the movie could not have been made without him..... before the movie i thought thy should have casted CHRIS EVANS for the role as he perfectly fits the character personality......by the way justin it everyone knows its you tom

Mar 18 - 09:10 AM

Derek Greenwood

Derek Greenwood

He is great fun to watch on the screen and that is all that matters. I have heard he is an incredibly nice guy.

Mar 15 - 02:08 PM

Dan Everett

Dan Everett

I couldn't agree more. I think it's the person hate towards his religion more than anything that makes people "hate" him. Honestly, he should have gotten an Academy Award 15 years ago!

Feb 9 - 04:30 AM

Amy DeLuca

Amy DeLuca

Well yea kind of. Now that you mention it.

Jan 24 - 07:26 PM

Cassandra Dinko

Cassandra Dinko

I know Tom Cruise is a looney-toon but he is so sexxxy. I can't help it! He looked so good in the movie, but the movie sucked really bad. If I wanted to watch 2 1/2 hours of Law and Order marathon, I would have saved $.

Jan 12 - 10:03 PM

Brian Harris

Brian Harris

Tom, I didn't know you used RT!

Jan 11 - 06:46 PM

D Williams

William Dreyfus

My first thought was to skip this movie because I'm not a huge Tom Cruise fan but his action movies are cool so I gave Jack Reacher a shot. Some of the dialogue was cheesy but overall the movie wasn't as bad as I though it was going to be.

Jan 11 - 02:35 PM

Spaceballs

Jaoo Jon

YES...!

Jan 8 - 07:42 PM

Sean Moore

Sean Moore

You can he haters all you want but looking at all of Cruise's movies every character every performance is the same, He might really go for it and change his haircut. He's always wooden. He reminds me of Clint Eastwood and Sylvester Stallone if you saw any of there stuff you saw all of their stuff. Cruise and the other two depend on catch phases macho- over -the top tough guy types. Those over guys could make it work for them Cruise is laughable...Maybe he should just try some musicals and plenty of show tunes where he 's more suited too...all you folks on this thread are just drawn too Cruise cause he's cute and non-threateing ...

Jan 6 - 01:19 AM

Rich Gehring Jr.

Rich Gehring Jr.

I guess you are entitled to your opinion. He is hardly typecast nor wooden, he played a Vietnam vet in a wheelchair, a Vampire, a Bartender, a sports agent, a sociopath, ect. I really can't respect any review you give by saying you think Tom Cruise is a bad actor. Generally bad actors do not receive academy award nominations, rule of thumb. You clearly have let his off camera actions influence your view of him. I also think it's ridiculous all the people that don't like him "personally" nobody knows him "personally." The man has been a superstar in one of the toughest industries in the planet.

Keanu Reeves bad actor, Tom Cruise good actor.

Jan 24 - 03:55 PM

hollis m.

hollis mills

well i get you, but you camt blame those people though

Jan 3 - 12:16 PM

?????? ??????

?????? ??????

Yeah, I get what you're saying. I'm just as sick and damned tired of hearing people bash Cruise over his personal life. It is precisely his work ethic that I admire. He's the most successful action star of the last 20 years and the last Mission: Impossible was the best pure action movie of the last 15 years.

Dec 29 - 11:52 AM

Om Chidananda

Om Chidananda

i do

Dec 28 - 09:31 PM

Zach Thomas

Zach Idiculla

hahahaha

Dec 28 - 04:10 PM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

I hate people that don't like Tom Cruise because of his religious views instead of hid acting ability.

Dec 26 - 09:42 PM

Justin Rowe

Justin Rowe

knjnjk

Dec 26 - 07:28 PM

David C.

David C

I don't like Tom Cruise but he has done quite a few good movies. I liked Jack Reacher. I don't go to movies because of who is in them, I go if I think I will enjoy the movie. No matter how good the actor, they can still do bad movies. Too many examples to list.

Dec 25 - 09:13 AM

Justin G.

Justin Gray

Pete, this thread was in response to an idiot who posted 'people who hate tom cruise'. Thanks for sharing your sexual preference with all of us, I hope you feel better.

Dec 24 - 06:11 PM

Alex Maverick

Alex Maverick

WTF?

Dec 26 - 09:42 PM

Pete Bateman

Pete Bateman

Its OK to admit it you know. Being gay is not a big issue nowadays. If you're so hot for Tom you can tell us, you'll feel better.

Dec 24 - 08:16 AM

Geoff Healey

Geoff Healey

Yeah Diego, you're a tit. Dude, wake up. NO actor has a perfect record. Tom Cruise has done some good movies, and given some fine performances. And been in some drivel. You clearly have a personal dislike of the guy, which automatically disqualifies you from critiquing his movies.

Dec 22 - 06:29 PM

Kathryn Currin

Kathryn Currin

Well, I don't hate Tom Cruise but I don't particularly like him either. My thoughts on an actor's personal life basically boils down to whether or not their acting is good enough to overshadow it. In Tom Cruise's case, generally speaking, it isn't really. Take Mel Gibson. That guy is balls out crazy but I love pretty much every movie he's ever been in. His performances in Braveheart, The Patriot, and We Were Soldiers just blow me away. In contrast, Tom Cruise is usually just playing Tom Cruise. And while I love The Last Samurai and Far and Away, Cruise is pretty replaceable as an actor in my opinion.

Dec 22 - 05:03 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile