Why do you guys hate this movie?

Don't start going crazy, just tell me why you hate it.
hadisyd
03-11-2013 06:07 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Axsun19

Ax Sun

I had a big problem with the pacing in the movie. It never really slowed down to give us time to get to know the characters. This made the movie too much "business and action" so it came off as a bit heartless. I never really rooted for Jack to save the princess because we were up the beanstalk in about 10 minutes flat. The motivations of all the characters were mostly "told" to us instead of "shown" to us. All in all, it was very bland and I can't get into it.

Jul 8 - 03:39 PM

Gabrielle Sinkfield

Gabrielle Sinkfield

I don't understand why so many of you guys dislike the movie. I'm not a fan of fairy tale movies at all, but honestly, the movie was brilliant. The action was good, the giants were great, graphics were a thumbs up. And although the movie was fairly predicable, I was at the tip o my chair half way through out the movie- I guess I can say the only thing this movie was lacking was a good person to play Jack, Nicholas Hoult was rubbish
I give it 4/5 stars.

Jul 1 - 02:07 PM

Frank Cvo

Frank Cvo

Nicholas Hoult must be good in bed, because he can't act a lick but keeps getting choice roles.

Jun 25 - 02:11 AM

Nathan Salter

Nathan Salter

Truthfully I kind of wanted to see a entire war, since the myth was stated once they come back once more, they come to stay. So... why did they go back?

Jun 21 - 10:02 PM

WasNotWhyNot

LeeRoy Lewin

script is painful, cheese and camp galore. the majority of the acting was serious too, not self-aware of the cheese like it should've been. ewan did the only right performance

May 27 - 07:06 PM

The Master of Movies

The Master of Movies

just shut up....mister Burger

May 29 - 10:22 PM

Tony Stark

sam varma

mediocre movie....2.5 stars

Apr 1 - 08:36 AM

Young See Dos Zuca

Young See Dos Zuca

i like too murch thiz movie!!

Mar 31 - 07:05 AM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

What the fuck?

Jun 16 - 04:10 AM

Hillary Brown

Hillary Brown

This movie was terrible. There is false advertising on the DVD cover. Plus I thought Ewan McGregor was in it?? *confused*

Mar 30 - 03:28 PM

Typhon

Typhon Q

Its not even out on DVD yet. You probably got some cheap ripoff version.

Mar 30 - 03:47 PM

The Master of Movies

The Master of Movies

ewan mcgregor is in the movie!!!

May 16 - 12:46 AM

Frank Cvo

Frank Cvo

Ewan played Elmont. They even got in the Star Wars catch phrase "I'm getting an awfully bad feeling about this" from Ewan.

Jun 25 - 02:19 AM

sophisticatedreviews

Caleb Ninja

Because it was awful CGI and bad 3D and i could tell the plot in 30 seconds and save my friends $15 by doing that? And the fact that Jack kills a total of 2 giants. Both by accident. Jack 3D was TERRIBLE.

Mar 28 - 06:10 PM

Dictator Fred

Dictator Fred

I liked it quite a bit. The first fifteen minutes were weak, but once they start climbing up the beanstalk it really gets going. The battle scene at the end was really good and it features one of the most inventive death scenes in recent memory.

Mar 26 - 12:10 PM

Lee Anna

Lee Anna

........I liked lol. Yes it was cheesy but it's a kids movie.

Mar 24 - 06:18 AM

Alex Hogendorp

Alex Hogendorp

I like it, But it think it's just alittle too corny, it was missing something, I guess it has serious flaws after all, 6/10

Mar 23 - 10:10 PM

Frank Cvo

Frank Cvo

It was missing heart - that's characters you care about.

Jun 25 - 02:14 AM

Mateo Diaz

Mateo Diaz

This movie could be the worst thing ever made how dare they give it 53%

Mar 23 - 06:12 AM

Nicholas Moody

Nicholas Moody

Its the critics

Jun 2 - 03:03 PM

Jesse Beninger

Jesse Beninger

The story was predictable, and the dialogue was extremely cheesy. This is a kids movie, and a bad one at that.

Mar 14 - 05:01 PM

hadisyd

Mike Richards

Just watched the movie. It was fun, but I would recommend it for kids only.

Apr 6 - 11:57 AM

Typhon

Typhon Q

nothing original. also, there was absolutely no effort to try and make the movie look realistic

Mar 14 - 02:32 PM

Tom T.

Tom Thumb

The movie was based on a fable so how can it be original??? Also how realistic do you want Giants in the sky to be??

Aug 16 - 04:25 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile