Critics Consensus: Jack the Giant Slayer is Fee-Fie-Fokay
Plus, Phantom is out to sea, 21 and Over is short on laugs, and The Last Exorcism Part II wasn't screened for critics.
Also opening this week in limited release:
- Oscar-nominated War Witch, a drama about a Congolese girl who is kidnapped and forced to be a child soldier, is at 89 percent.
- A Place at the Table, a documentary about the effect of hunger on poor Americans, is at 88 percent.
- Hava Nagila: The Movie, a doc about the history of the celebratory song, is at 75 percent.
- Leviathan, a meditative documentary about commercial fishing boats and their environs, is at 73 percent.
- Stoker, starring Mia Wasikowska and Matthew Goode in a thriller about a teenager recovering from her father's death who becomes close with her mysterious uncle, is at 68 percent.
- Ginger & Rosa, starring Elle Fanning and Christina Hendricks in a drama about a pair of teenage friends with anxieties about their home lives and the threat of nuclear war, is at 55 percent.
- The End of Love, starring Mark Webber and Shannyn Sossamon in a drama about a young father dealing with the death of his wife, is at 55 percent.
- The Sweeney, starring Ray Winstone in an action thriller about a group of tough cops investigating a murder, is at 52 percent (check out Winstone's Five Favorite Films here).
Finally, props to Donald Whitman Jr. for guessing Dark Skies's 30 percent Tomatometer.