Jackie Chan's First Strike Reviews

August 4, 2006
Badly dubbed, but very typically Jackie Chan in every other way, humour, creative fight sequences, watchable, but not one of his best.
sanjurosamurai
January 25, 2007
even less substance than your normal action flick, but hey, its jackie chan. the action was excellent and the short running time makes this a very worth while viewing when youre just in the mood to see some kung fu.
½ October 15, 2009
After being a little disappointed with Rumble in the Bronx, First Strike was a great comeback from everyone's favourite martial artist/wannabe comic.

As ever, it was the action and the jokes which moved the show along, and it delivered plenty - the huge fight scene in the aquarium and the ladder fight highlighting Jackie's infinite brilliance (and infinite pain tolerance, in the latter case - see the outtakes). And as for those koala underpants...well, some things you just need to see. A much better installment in the Jackie Chan legacy - not to mention that it was filmed Down Under, which as we all know is the greatest place on Earth :)
½ May 9, 2007
It's Jackie Chan so it's entertaining. Not his best, but still good for a laugh
garyX
½ March 26, 2007
Jackie Chan does James Bond in a rather sterile stunt fest that lacks the character of his best work. It's still a fun action movie, but he's starting to show his age a little here as the hectic slapstick is starting to take a back seat to overblown set pieces.
kpn666
½ March 3, 2007
Jackie goes big time in this one- the big rating cause it was shot in Australia - lolz
deano
October 23, 2006
Fantastic on Jackie Chan who took his death defying stunts to new heights as he wrestled a great shark and skied off a jump into a helicopter.
½ December 31, 2009
First Strike, had gotten over four strike outs..so, it's less then a perfect hit, but passable.
February 17, 2006
This is the Jackie Chan one where he beats a group of thugs with only a ladder.
½ June 14, 2008
Jackie Chan is magic on screen, he is almost always doing something to keep your attention.
March 6, 2007
Excellent Jackie film, one of my favourites. Lots of comedy and action, and part of his amazing Police Story franchise. A must see for Jackie fans.
March 13, 2014
As a Jackie Chan movie it's pretty good. As a Police Story movie it sucks. Even though it's the same director as Supercop, it doesn't feel the same. Supercop had already toned down a bit of the violence the first two Police Story movies had, but this one has gone even more in the goofy direction. It's not bad and still entertaining, it just doesn't feel like a Police Story movie.
½ May 31, 2012
I like Jackie Chan, but I definitely prefer some of his later films with better story lines and humor. This plot is hard to follow from the beginning and a lot of the scenes just don't come off well comically. However, I do have to hand it to Jackie that he knows his stunts. If you watch this, make sure you view the outtakes at the end. It shows how much effort he puts into his work, even when it means getting hurt. The ladder stunt was simply unbelievable!
May 18, 2010
This is probably my least favorite of the Police Story movies, but if you're a fan of Jackie's work it's still worth watching.
February 12, 2010
a great action that is a very fun martial arts film with jackie chan now he still has his stunts inside him but I guess he won't admit it
August 18, 2009
More of Jackie's "I don't want any trouble and Im' mixed up in business that isn't mine."

WAIT. That's every Jackie Chan movie and I love them all.

If I was rating this film based only on fighting sequences, I'd give it 5 stars. I grew up watching Jackie Chan films....over...and over....and over again. So yes, the story is so stupid but OMG IT'S AWESOME!
½ July 8, 2007
I would consider the ladder fight scene towards the end to be the best fight scene with a ladder ever.
December 1, 2007
fun! who doesn't like to see jackie chan work his martial art skills, even if that means sitting through a mediocre movie.
July 9, 2007
Jackie Chan is a blast in most circumstances, so this is a great movie for those who want introduced to his Hong Kong work.
½ May 15, 2007
I really liked this movie, especially the action and how funny it is to see him the tank with a bleeding finger ..lol