Five Favorite Films with Abigail Breslin

Summary

Since her acting debut in Signs (at age six) and Oscar nomination for Little Miss Sunshine (at age 10), Abigail Breslin has taken an unpredictable path in her film roles, appearing in everything from family movies to heartstring-heavy dramas to unabashed horror-comedy -- as Zombieland's gun-toting scamp Little Rock, she got to indulge in what few of her young peers are allowed; namely, blowing away hordes of the undead. In this week's Janie Jones, Breslin plays the title character, a 13-year-old girl set adrift from her single mother to reconnects with her boozy rock-n-roll dad, played by Alessandro Nivola. We sat down with the young actress to talk about the movie and her music, where she sees her career headed, and her Five Favorite Films. Back to Article

Comments

Mark W.

Mark Weingust

Prancer? O.O huh.

Oct 27 - 12:32 PM

Janson Jinnistan

My tongue is bleeding a bit. But I'll be nice and say that "Baby Jane" is a great film. You know, 'horror' is her thing...

Oct 27 - 12:54 PM

Cold P.

Cold Pillow

This is one of the worst lists in a while...

Oct 27 - 03:30 PM

Janson Jinnistan

The Other Cheek. Publicists aren't trying to shove her down my throat, so I'll let it slide.

Oct 27 - 03:50 PM

Wil H.

Wil Huff

Are people seriously giving a 15-year-old crap about her taste in film? I'm sure you guys were all into Antonioni at that age.

Oct 30 - 06:10 AM

Janson Jinnistan

It's a New Leaf! I thought I was being nice. There's a difference between giving crap and giving a little rib, you sensitive freak.

Oct 30 - 11:18 AM

Manuel G.

Manuel Granados

She's young, the list is along the lines of what I'd expect.
I hope that romantic comedy she will be in doesn't have her as the star. Who, besides pedophiles, wants to see romance with a 13 year old?

Oct 27 - 01:06 PM

Manuel G.

Manuel Granados

Oh and check out the tomatometers, this week looks like it will be almost completely rotten, with Puss and Like crazy the sole saviours.

Oct 27 - 01:11 PM

General Wiz

Carlos Flores

She's 15.

Oct 27 - 03:11 PM

Manuel G.

Manuel Granados

Really? She looks 11 tops. Will work for when she needs to play younger then. Still, 15 is not much better than 13 in terms of seeing kids kissing is it?

Oct 27 - 03:20 PM

Bone J.

Bone Juvi

I would love to see two 15 year olds making out. How about the movie 13? Anyway, the pedophile crowd is alive and well, we don't go to movies as a crowd, though, just as individuals so we can beat off in private.

Oct 30 - 12:14 PM

General Wiz

Carlos Flores

No, but atleast it opens up the high school crowd as a possible audience out side of the pedophile crowd.

Oct 27 - 05:39 PM

Oct 27 - 03:20 PM

Bone J.

Bone Juvi

Oct 30 - 12:14 PM

Cold P.

Cold Pillow

This is one of the worst lists in a while...

Oct 27 - 03:30 PM

Oct 27 - 03:50 PM

Wil H.

Wil Huff

Oct 30 - 06:10 AM

Oct 30 - 11:18 AM

David Tanny

David Tanny

I love Insidious. Great old-school style haunted house flick. Not scary, but very enjoyable.
An Okay list in general.

Oct 27 - 03:49 PM

seanmprd78

Sean Guyon

The ending completely ruined it for me.

Oct 27 - 07:34 PM

David Tanny

David Tanny

Do you mean the third act? or the actual ending? Cus I like the ending. But the part in the "further" had moments of sheer retardation. It goes full retard at one point when the demon is sharping it's claws to that terrible(not creepy)song. But overall I very much enjoyed it.

Oct 28 - 08:39 PM

seanmprd78

Sean Guyon

The ending where the father is possessed by the old lady and strangles the psychic. I hated it, and it ruined what was a pretty good haunted house flick for me. It wasn't a surprise, and I actually thought what a stupid idea something like that would be if it happened.

Oct 29 - 09:54 AM

Oct 27 - 03:50 PM

Angel G.

Angel Gabriel

cute list, very talented actress

Oct 27 - 05:09 PM

General Wiz

Carlos Flores

Oct 27 - 05:39 PM

King Crunk

King Crunk

I'll give her props for obviously choosing movies she really likes, and not spouting out the typical classics that everybody knows/has seen. I think she is talented, and I was a little jarred when I saw an interview with her on TV the other day, because she speaks like a valley girl in real life, but manages to mostly lose that when on camera.

Oct 27 - 05:50 PM

nongshim

Kathryne C

it would've been worse if she'd just been like "godfather part i, godfather part ii, a clockwork orange, the shining, citizen kane".
i mean, come on. she gets a better excuse than taylor lautner, anyway.

Oct 27 - 06:55 PM

Noah James

Noah Kinsey

Unlike last week's, I actually believe these are her top 5. So many people give Top 5 submitters shit for movies that aren't donned "classic" by the RT elite - but I'd rather see surprising stuff (that I might not like) than those safe lists created to not get shit from the RT community. By the way, I too loved Insidious...until you actually got to see the evil entity's form going after the boy. The unknown factor bubble popped for me at that moment. And hated the ending.

Oct 27 - 07:18 PM

Justin D.

Justin D.

I like that her mom has to come in and suggest her final film on the list. Perfect reminder that she's a kid. Insidious was a really good horror film w/ a really shoddy ending.

Oct 28 - 11:35 AM

Noah James

Noah Kinsey

Agreed on Insidious. It's too bad, because until the end I was all in mentally.

Oct 28 - 12:55 PM

seanmprd78

Sean Guyon

The ending completely ruined it for me.

Oct 27 - 07:34 PM

David Tanny

David Tanny

Oct 28 - 08:39 PM

seanmprd78

Sean Guyon

Oct 29 - 09:54 AM

seanmprd78

Sean Guyon

Sorry, I'm calling bullshit on the two older movies. It smacks of her publicist giving her something that isn't some teenybopper movies.

Oct 27 - 07:37 PM

Christopher256G

Christopher Greffin

By the time I was 15 I had seen Casablanca, Gone With the Wind, The Godfather, 2001 A Space Odyssey and The Sound of Music among other classics. I don't see how you can say it's improbably that she would have seen a few of them.

Oct 29 - 03:55 PM

nongshim

Kathryne C

come on, though... movies like casablanca and sound of music are classic classics. i'd never even heard of what ever happened to baby jane and meet me in st. louis at that age

Oct 29 - 09:42 PM

seanmprd78

Sean Guyon

Every one of those movies is very famous, and not hard to bring up as classics.

Oct 30 - 06:15 AM

Critics Consensus
Critics Consensus

Transcendence is a Sci-Fi Snooze

Johnny Depp's Best Movies

Picture gallery of movie bears

Good Friday