Jaws

82% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Jaws Reviews

August 5, 2014
I feel like 'Jaws' is the kind of movie that people would not believe I have never seen. Calling myself a movie lover, it is easy to see how people could come to that conclusion based on my record of watching this classic thriller. I am happy to say that 'Jaws' has not alluded me this time and I am glad I got the catch. I missed John Williams' phenomenal score, that only complements the fear and desperation that the great white invokes. I missed special effects that prove CGI always is not the best thing (look at Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus). Roy Scheider, Robert Shaw, and Richard Dreyfuss are compelling to watch as the three that finally take down the dreaded predator. As the police chief, Scheider is solid, invoking a sense of authority while being haunted by his past fear of the sea. Richard Dreyfuss' enthusiasm as the shark expert is infectious. Robert Shaw as Quint brings an unhinged bravery to the role of Quint. These three together at the end are great and kept the momentum of the movie going. Before the hunt we were greeted by scenes of fear and political ineptitude. The blood, screams, and fear of sharks are all things that 'Jaws' boasts. This was Spielberg when he kept it simple. This is when he would not focus on a bloated plot or soaring emotions.
August 5, 2014
Very great movie with top notch special effects my favorite
zahm637
August 5, 2014
Though much of its fame is rooted in nostalgia and its classic score, "Jaws" is undoubtedly a master of suspense. Like it or hate it, its legacy and impact on pop culture is undeniable.
August 5, 2014
A sure classic and the grandaddy of all blockbusters! I could only imagine how scary it must have been in 1975. One of Spielberg's best.
August 4, 2014
Jaws is one of the best classic, action & horror film. The best of Steven Spielberg's movies. The main movie that makes audiences still afraid to go in the water.
bulldog1690
December 10, 2013
brilliant movie and why i was afraid of open water as a young lad! just a classic movie and theme never gets old or boring regardless of how many times i watch it which to me is a sign of a legendary movie
August 3, 2014
The greatest of all monster movies.
April 19, 2014
A cult horror classic.
August 1, 2014
Jaws is the perfect representation of how to create suspense and is an unforgettable masterpiece.
November 20, 2011
classic blockbuster film
August 7, 2012
Spielberg deserves a standing ovation for this....
July 7, 2012
"favorite movie of all time". people say the water is safe or is it?. This movie was one of the best shark movie of all time.good score and good directing by Steven Spielberg.
December 4, 2011
this film is the epitome of hollywood, with all its pros and cons. spielberg was definitely instrumental in cementing this style of filmmaking, and though it doesn't come without its fair share of flaws, you have a blast watching it, and leave the film with a high. that's the intention of films like this, and as corny and light as it is, jaws delivers on that promise. my only concern is that it took a long while for it to get started, and felt slow throughout, until the last 10 minutes when everything exploded.
July 20, 2014
A compelling film that balances humor and suspense, Jaws is regarded as a classic and rightfully so, with special effects revolutionary at the time that still hold up today and the guts to push the envelope farther than mainstream films previously had, even if the indie scene was forging it's own territory.
July 18, 2014
Freaking amazing on the BIG screen!!!! Yet, after all of these years, JAWS still makes you think second thoughts with going into the water.
July 17, 2014
One of the best examples of the unseen is more frighting than what you see.
Kieran F.
March 17, 2012
Almost 40 years latter this film is still great fun and I love the suspense it can still give. And who can forget the memorable theme song of "Jaws" Also the thing that makes Jaws REALLY scary is how...can you deny this could ever happen? it really could. Maybe not to this films extent but as George A Ramero says "It's the perfect horror film because you can't deny that this oculd actually happen" and he's right. Maybe it wouldn't happen by a GWS but Sharks have been known to eat humans before so...it is possible.
June 8, 2012
The prototypical summer blockbuster that changed the world. Thrilling, terrifying and iconic, if you don't like Jaws.......you're simply wrong.
July 7, 2014
The father of blockbusters, but 'Jaws' is more; it's three brilliant lead performances helmed by already expert: Steven Spielberg. The film is teeming with memorable scenes, shots, lines and an unforgettable soundtrack. The final act on the open water is just fantastic to watch, every time.