Jaws

Jaws Reviews

October 11, 2010
Classic I need to see
December 15, 2009
paid to watch my own private screening of this... i can't put into words how great this is.
June 2, 2014
"And the idea was, the shark comes to the nearest man and that man, he'd start poundin' and hollerin' and screamin' and sometimes the shark would go away. Sometimes he wouldn't go away. Sometimes that shark, he looks right into you. Right into your eyes. You know the thing about a shark, he's got...lifeless eyes, black eyes, like a doll's eye. When he comes at ya, doesn't seem to be livin'. Until he bites ya and those black eyes roll over white. And then, ah then you hear that terrible high pitch screamin' and the ocean turns red and spite of all the poundin' and the hollerin' they all come in and rip you to pieces." -Robert Shaw as Quint.

'JAWS' is, simply put, the greatest shark film and arguably one of the greatest films in the history of the art of cinema. It's scary, realistic, suspenseful, charming, and surprisingly funny at times. A very well written adaptation of Peter Benchley's less than amazing novel made a movie that did the rare accomplishment of being superior to the original material.
June 2, 2014
Fear of the unknown settles in the first half of the film. Then once the beast reveals itself, it's just terror pure and simple.
May 30, 2014
Who is this Steven Speilburger bitch? He's probsbly never going to make a good movie cause hes a gay bitch! He stoppid gay bich.
April 24, 2014
It's the best film ever made. Period!
May 27, 2014
Finally seeing this from start to finish... though I did jump @ times, some parts of it were slightly comedic ( where did some of that music come from ? )
August 27, 2013
This is one of my favorite movies.
November 22, 2013
An expertly crafted story combined with an incredibly skilled cast makes Jaws into an unforgettable experience.
NotEnoughSlavesInIt
May 15, 2014
93%
With it's strong characters and heightened suspense, Jaws was a crowd-pleaser then, and it still is today.
filmlover1994
July 19, 2012
This Movie Is Turning 40 Years Old Next Year In 2015.
November 13, 2013
My favorite movie of all time. Tense funny and very well done for the time period and what Spielberg had to work with. Masterpiece for him
May 14, 2014
I love Jaws. It's one of everybody's favorite classics of all time. And I also love that theme tune as well and this is what happens when I play that theme tune over and over again and my mum heard it downstairs and she told me to turn it down because its loud for her. And I love the ending too. For example I love the part where Richard Dreyfuss in the cage surrounded by the shark and it tried to catch him and I love the part where the shark destroyed the boat and ate Robert Shaw and Roy Scheider killed the beast and that's all.
July 5, 2012
An adventure classic that makes you think twice before you get into the water
May 11, 2014
Bigger boats required in this Spielberg Summer blockbuster as Roy Scheider plays police chief Martin Brody trying to protect the residents of his local town from a giant man-eating great white shark. "Bruce" picks off the Amity Islanders one by one to the tune of John Williams' "duh-dum" score as bathers are bitten, chomped and gnawed before the authorities ask Robert Shaw's scurvy Quint to help in the search and killing of the beast. An iconic movie in all senses of the word, the film changed the marketing, soundtracking, posters and the future movie release schedule of the industry and set the rudders in motion on Spielberg's smash hit career.
February 14, 2007
spielberg's hollywood debut invented the blockbuster single-handedly, a truly suspenseful work with shimmering dialogue and quips, some unexpected social critique is also present, fantastic from first reel to last
May 6, 2014
I have always loved JAWS. It's just a shame that it inspired so many people to kill and waste the meat of so many sharks just simply out of fear. Still it's an awesome movie. It always makes me want to go fish...but in a really big boat.
March 10, 2014
Intense, terrifying, and almost friendly.
Simon S.
December 22, 2013
Jaws is a tense, well-acted, and fantastically directed thriller that creates a fearful atmosphere and an existential sense of dread.
May 3, 2014
Extreme storytelling with a shark eating grin!