Jekyll & Hyde - The Musical - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jekyll & Hyde - The Musical Reviews

January 1, 2009
Oh, boy. David Hasselhoff is not a good actor and not a good singer and does not belong in this show at all. I giggled all the way through "Confrontation." It was that bad. I like the musical itself. It's got some wonderful, wonderful songs in it, but anyone who knows me knows that I'm not a fan of Leslie Bricusse's lyrics. The rest of the cast is pretty good, aside from the fact that they couldn't keep their British accents intact. Hasselhoff was the worst, though. He was clearly put in the show just for star draw, and he ended up being very hammy... and unfortunately, he has the bulk of the show. Any part he was in was pretty much ruined.
½ June 2, 2007
It was okay, but it could have been better. David Hasselhoff could have done a better job with the songs, I didn't care much for the girl who played Emma at all. And this version features "good n evil" which is a good song, but "Bring on the men" is better suited in my opinion. I loved lucy though. She did an amazing job. I would definently see it again.
½ July 10, 2008
very well done, hasselhoff stepped out of his "usual" roles to a new level of his talent being exposed... great stuff!
½ October 17, 2006
Not the best cast they could have recorded, and not the best version of this musical -- the German production is much darker and more complete. Hope they learn from this when they make the film.
December 8, 2006
It's a beautiful musical, and David Hasselhoff puts on a wonderful performance. I would of never thought he could sing so beautifully!