64% The Maze Runner Sep 19

87% The Strain: Season 1
79% You're the Worst: Season 1

Jerusalem Reviews

March 22, 2014
Daniel Ferguson's "JERUSALEM" is incredibly beautiful and informative!
December 12, 2013
Having had the chance to go to Jerusalem in 2013 I knew this was a film I had to see. The film takes you right back to all the sights, smells, culture and beautiful people that live in this incredible city. It is absolutely breathtaking and will give you goose bumps. Extremely well done and a must see.
January 11, 2014
and the title font used is.....
December 26, 2013
Opting for a sentimental approach as opposed to historical, Daniel Ferguson's Jerusalem misses the mark due to its nature as a lackluster cultural study, and absence of information and visuals of significant historical sites.
The biggest issue at play is that the film attempts to cover too much in too short of time. The film appears disjointed and confusing. In framing the documentary, Ferguson chose the perspective of the three major religions, told from the viewpoint of three women. As a result, too much time was spent analyzing the sociology of modern-day Jerusalem. What then falls on the back burner are the magnificent sites that receive hardly any screen presence or narration.
Even if a cultural study was Ferguson's goal, this expectation was not met. Routinely, traditions are brought up but quickly forgotten without adequate explanations. It is quite a shame the director spent three years on this project, and supposedly received permission to film sites never before filmed, because that was clearly not evident in the film itself. Perhaps if Ferguson would have used the historical sites instead of the personalities of the modern inhabitants of the city as his primary focal point, the film could have fared better. It instead felt like a cheap advertisement for diversity, asking for everyone to "just get along."
December 16, 2013
I had the opportunity to watch an early release of this film with my father in law. I was completely and utterly glued to the screen. Hooked for every second and for every frame. The footage of this film is unreal - it's absolutely breathtaking. The history and story lines throughout was especially grabbing as it was so delicately edited together. When the end came, I was in shock how quickly it flew by! It captured everything in such detail; I can finally see why so many people describe it as a place that when you go and visit, you fall in love with it. I'm an IMAX fanatic and I can safely say that this was the best IMAX film I've ever seen or experienced. Highly recommend for everyone; especially if you're curious about the history, culture and landscape of Jerusalem.
Great film! We loved it!
December 12, 2013
Took the whole family and loved it! Amazing cinematography!
December 6, 2013
The movie was so very good to watch. The scenes were beautiful and very well filmed. Loved the way they presented the view from the three different cultures. I would watch again given the opportunity.
Anthony B.
October 15, 2013
A dazzlingly shot and very interesting introduction to Jerusalem's three main religious and cultural groups. There's only so deep a 45-minute once-over can go, but this is a fine place to start.