Jesse Stone: Benefit of the Doubt - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jesse Stone: Benefit of the Doubt Reviews

October 18, 2013
This is a well made drama with a dynamite cast. For those who follow this series, it is the one we were waiting for. Most have been waiting for Chief Stone to return. We got got our wish. I hope this series continues for a long time.
January 2, 2014
I was slightly less impressed by this entry in the Jesse Stone series than I had been by the earlier episodes but it was entertaining and Tom Selleck continues to do a fine job in making the character believable and likable. I thought this episode had a very good grabber of a beginning. Fans of the series should find it enjoyable, but if you are new to the series this is not the film you should start with.
June 2, 2012
The eighth movie is still pretty good. The method used to get Stone back as chief was a bit forced, but otherwise still satisfying.
December 24, 2015
Outstanding 8 movie series that is classic Tom Selleck at his best.
August 6, 2014
Why can't anyone see this damn movie
½ April 2, 2014
Worst ending in movie ever!
October 18, 2013
January 26, 2014
Average. Not the best of the series.
January 26, 2014
I love mysteries and the Jesse Stone series is great.
January 2, 2014
½ October 10, 2012
Jesse Stone: Benefit of Doubt, I've seen twice now; Jesse is no longer chief and is like a hermit. Two officers, including the replacement chief, are lured to a violent death and Jesse is brought back as chief to replace them and solve their murder.

Jesse finds the station locked up when he goes in for the first time since being re-instated, having to smash his way in and then disabling the alarm system when he realizes he has an outdated password.

Rose(?) is no longer working there, having left town to her mothers. Luther quit and has returned to fishing the oceans but at the very end, he returns to being an officer. 9/10
April 20, 2013
Really a great series, especially the dialogue. I look forward to traveling to picturesque Nova Scotia where this was filmed.
March 1, 2013
Over & Over About the Same Issues....
½ September 26, 2012
The beginning of the movie was really surprising in a good way, like braking into police station... but somewhere along the way the movie became deluded with too much non-conversation scenes or unnecessary conversation scenes...
½ September 4, 2012
finally Jesse Stone returns to the chief of police but its not without its downsides. this whole film is a complete change in pace from the last two additions which is interesting as the last two films were the weakest of the series so far. the film opens and closes with a bang but also allows the franchise to have new life ready for the next entry.
hopefully the series will return to the basics of what made the series so great but for the time being this addition recovers the franchise. Tom Selleck is still interesting as the lead character even if he's damaged side doesn't really show its side here. the character seems to be moving on so hopefully they can end this series shortly before the gas really does run out.
½ August 10, 2012
"I don't care about convictions, I care about Justice." Tom Selleck returns as the morally dubious and dismissive Paradise Police Chief, Jesse Stone. After his replacement explodes into a million billion bits, Selleck returns to an empty police station to kickstart his reign in the small town. 8 films into the franchise and there is no sign of slowing down, both the William Sadler mafioso plot & the Saul Rubinek friendly evil car dealer plots gain new heat but there's still plenty of room from fringe players like Stephen McHattie, William Devane, and Gloria Reuben. However, the standout performance has to go to Robert Carradine as the devious deer hunter tracking Selleck's moments. Their pullover encounter manages to be scary and pretty darn funny thanks to a few key eyebrow twitches from the younger Carradine. VF.
July 5, 2012