Jiabiangou (The Ditch) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Jiabiangou (The Ditch) Reviews

½ November 22, 2010
A "brave" film in many senses - not only because it's dealing with China's darkest part of the history (terribly tragic lives of the thought criminals in 1960's Cultural Revolution), but also because of its simple, documentaristic style and monotonous pacing ("death" of a man in the film is described as natural as breathing). This film is certainly not fun, but it successfully tells us how deep the sorrow of Chinese people is against what happened in China in early 1960s. I can see the spirit beyond technique, even though this film has done nothing new in terms of cinema technique. This film must be watched by Chinese people.
½ November 22, 2010
½ October 27, 2010
that is a sad story,about the dark age in China 1960's
October 2, 2010
Più che un film, un documentario sui "campi di rieducazione" cinesi in cui venivano spediti tutti coloro che avevano anche la più piccola rimostranza contro il Maopensiero.
Grandissima sofferenza, anche se ci appare tutto talmente lontano da noi da sembrare un altro pianeta.