97% Guardians of the Galaxy Aug 01

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Jim Gaffigan: Beyond the Pale Reviews

Sunil J

July 8, 2009
Amazing. Gaffigan is the King of awkward/funny!
September 3, 2013
Jim Gaffigan has such a unique and original style of comedy that some people might not be able to appreciate it. I'm not sure if there's a term for it but I tend to think of it as "varying perspective stand-up". Throughout his routine he often takes on the persona of a member of the audience critiquing himself through "someone else's" eyes. Many times, this is actually the "punch line" of his joke. Yes, much of his content is food related but hey, we all gotta eat :)
kenscheck
September 14, 2011
Without a doubt my favorite Stand Up special. The only special I own on DVD. Jim Gaffigan is hilarious without being vulgar, and his jokes rely on things everyone can relate to...if you have ever eaten...Jim is the comedian for you. Its nice to see a comedian that isn't just cussing and telling me why men and women are different.
Hamee
July 9, 2009
Hilarious! I never knew that jokes about cake could be so much fun. This is one twisted and funny man.
wolverineland
October 22, 2010
Think a comic doing a 90 minute routine about mostly food wouldn't be that funny? It probably wouldn't be if Jim Gaffigan wasn't the comic doing just that, giving observations on not only food but his view on life and traditions in general. I have always been a casual fan of Jim Gaffigan and liked his character work in movies but to truly appreciate his timing as a comic genius, I strongly recommend this hilarious stand-up performance film. The bit he does on Hot Pockets for instance is pure comedic brilliance.
dinkinflickatreefrog
May 29, 2008
crap i tried 2 geve it 5 stars! darn my internet but hes hilarious im gonna see him july 26 main floor seatig section e row 10 suck it j. sauts!!!! aka jenna
flixsterbum
March 13, 2008
I didn't really know much about Jim Gaffigan except for his funny stint on "That 70's Show", so I thought I'd check out his routine. Overall, an amusing hour of entertainment. The majority of his jokes revolve around food, so don't expect anything too deep here, but he's got some funny and clever observations. The only part of his act that really didn't work for me and almost ruined it for me was his constant asides to his own jokes in this high breathy voice imagining what the audience was thinking. Used sparingly, it would probably be pretty funny, but at some points he was using it after each joke and by the end it got pretty old. Other than that, an enjoyable stand-up routine.
vonhess9511
July 16, 2007
jesus: what are these socks?
man: yeah
Jesus: thanks, you know I am dying for your sins
Jesus: plus how am I gonna wear socks with my sandals, what am I german? hahahah
July 11, 2007
Could not stop laughing! 'he's weird, hey buddy, I work at hot pockets and if you dont like them you dont have to eat them.'
November 7, 2012
I have never laughed and cried so much in one comedy routine.