97% Ghostbusters Aug 29

82% Satisfaction: Season 1
87% The Strain: Season 1
82% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Jingi naki tatakai: Hiroshima shito hen(Battles Without Honor and Humanity: Deathmatch in Hiroshima) Reviews

DrBenway
DrBenway

April 27, 2008
More double crossing as the series continues with a number of different families trying to stake their claim. Sonny Chiba was enjoyable as an angry underboss out to get what's his along the way. This one throws Meiko Kaji (Lady Snowblood) into a love story which fits right in and helps with character development.

Even though a lot of characters come and go, they're all strong and memorable. Any fan of the gangster genre should give Yakuza Papers a view.

December 4, 2011
The second film in the Yakuza Papers series is not as good as the first because the violence and general shoot-em-up plot got a little tiresome at times. However, the style of the film , the soundtrack, the excellent editing, and Bunta Sugawara's presence as Shozo Hirono kept me engaged. I simply love Fukasaku's exciting pacing and continued experimentation with the camera. What keeps me wanting to watch more is the connections that freeze frames containing dates and names make between fiction and reality. A memorable scene is the killing of Tokimori with the envelope slipped halfway between the door, when he reaches for it, Shozo's man is signalled by the envelopes movement and he shoots Tokimori. I was not drawn into or interested in following Kinya Kitaoji as Shoji Yamanaka or Sonny Chiba as Katsutoshi Otomo compared to the first film where I was really glued to the screen watching Hirono, Sakai, and the pathetic Yomomouri. The love story between Yamanaka and Yasuko added a different feel to the film rather than it just being about sheer violence and murder, but after a while it turned contrived and formulaic. The highlights of this film were: Matsunaga and the increased involvement of the police.
Christopher B

August 7, 2007
Fukasaku, Chiba and Bunta in an awesome yakuza flick that I may like a little better than the original. This one focuses more on a yakuza who is doomed to tragedy while Chiba plays a psychopath rival. Excellent film.
October 9, 2007
My favorite of the series. Chiba makes the most of his scant screentime and turns in a career best performance.
December 21, 2011
Gran adicion a la saga. Menos caotica y sangrienta y se concentra en menos personajes. A pesar de que Bunta Sugawara vuelve a interpretar a Shozo Hirono, su rol es mas pequeño que en la original. Sonny Chiba y Meiko Kaji (Lady Snowblood) son una gran adicion al reparto.

December 4, 2011