• PG-13, 1 hr. 29 min.

79% You're the Worst: Season 1

John Tucker Must Die Reviews

Nicki M

January 4, 2008
Similar plot to The Other Women, but in high school. Preferable. Silly, but fun and not a long running time, so doesn't outwear it's welcome. Light bit of froth with a like able teen cast.
thmtsang
thmtsang

August 4, 2007
Teen movie about a group of girls who gang up to teach their boyfriend a lesson for dating them all at the same time. Good cast. If you like Clueless and Mean Girls you will like this movie.
Wildaly M

May 16, 2007
Not much to see here.
movieguru12
movieguru12

January 27, 2008
Hilarious! A must-see for any girl who's boyfriend was going out with someone, or three other someones' for that matter. The cast of Brittany Snow, Ashanti, Sophia Bush, Arielle Kebbel, Jenny McCarthy, Jesse Metcalfe and Penn Badgley was just great. This is a great movie to watch with your girlfriends on a Friday or on a regular week day (:
TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

October 10, 2011
John Tucker Must Die was a terrible attempt at a comedy. The film has a bad cast, bad story and is simply awful. I thought the film was bad because it relied on clichés that we've seen from other films and the film simply fails to have any real laughs. The cast is comprised of your typical teen comedy film cast. As a whole, John Tucker Must Die fails to be entertaining and is actually quite boring. The film at times does make you chuckle a bit, but for the most part, there's never any real laugh out loud moments. The way the comedy is used is poorly done, and the film is not a memorable comedy and it just is a flawed film that is poorly done, and is a forgettable film once you've seen. The film could have been good, but the people who wrote the film don't know how to write witty, effective humor. John Tucker Must Die is simply a pointless, unfunny film that relies too much on clichés to create the humor, and it doesn't work. This film is a forgettable comedy, not worth watching. The jokes are bad, and this is the type of film that has been done many times before. Not to mention it's very predictable in its execution. A film that never does make you laugh or be entertained, John Tucker Must Die is simply a poorly conceived comedy with poorly thought out gags.
Eric A

July 31, 2011
Girly high school movie. Consensus=no.
murphmann93
murphmann93

June 23, 2011
I quite liked this film, was much better than I'd origianally expected. The thong scene was absolutely hilarious and the fact he showed his body a long with it was pleasing to the eye. Sophia Bush is one of my favourite actresses and her perfomance was not a let down. Very cute and funny.
MANUGINO
MANUGINO

June 16, 2008
Women Want Him. Men Want to Be Him. But These Girls Want to Kill Him.

Cool movie just to entertain and have a few laughs. The movie has some beauty's on it which I enjoyed very much seeing if you know what I mean. The story is kinda weak though and it was a shame it was, to me was too much of a goofy movie and if it were a little more serious than could have been better. Watch for fun.

John Tucker is popular, sexy, talented and a complete player. He dates three girls at once, the total stereotypes of every high school: the cheerleader, the brainiac and the slut. When a new, very pretty, sweet and clever girl, Kate, comes to town after her mother's heart is broken and she packs their lives up yet again, they set out to use Kate in their scheme to humiliate John. But this fails and he breaks up with them after "finding his emotional needs". Now they seek to kick the gear to overdrive and use Kate to break his heart and be the ultimate challenge for him. They mold her into the ultimate high-school femme fatale mystery chick and help her get John's appetite whetted. While John is hankering after her, she meets his younger brother, Scott, and becomes his lab partner. In Scott she finds friendship and starts to like him more than just platonically, and Scott reciprocates these feelings, until he realises that his brother wants her. Scott's seen John pick up and quickly drop off every girl in the school, and chooses to keep his distance from Kate, thinking she's like every other John Tucker groupie in the school. John starts to fall in love with Kate, and she realises what a nice guy he is under the alpha male mask. So what is she to do? Go along with the scheme and break John's heart at his annual birthday bash to be accepted by the "popular" chicks, be with John and confess her sins, or leave both of these parties and go to Scott if he'll have her? And who will truly lose in the end? John Tucker, Kate, the scheming trio or Scott? It seems everyone will lose as their well-laid sabotage of John's heart spirals out of control. After all, John Tucker Must Die...
Jennifer X

May 26, 2007
So, so much funnier than I had anticipated. It never lets down, and says a surprisingly large number of true things about high school. Jesse Metcalfe is sooooo hot, too.
Coxxie M

March 21, 2009
pretty terrible... BUT IT HAS 2 GIRLS KISSING!! ill give it a point
Richard C

June 24, 2010
this movie sucked. if you want a good teen comedy watch mean girls or superbad. the only reason to see this is because of the scene were brittany snow is wearing red lingerie but you could probably find that on youtube. D
arashxak
arashxak

June 13, 2010
Starts off nauseating but it gets better, It's cliche & stupid but has some fun moments & it's not packed with nauseating moral lessons & is actually better than most of the nauseating chick flicks I've seen in my entire life, I'm not gonna lie & say I didn't enjoy this more than...let's say...Inglorious Basterds
3niR
3niR

February 15, 2010
This was fun to watch. It does have funny scenes in it.
KJ P

January 13, 2010
I found it very amusing!
Anthony L

November 9, 2009
Death is a bit harsh but I don't think anyone involved with this production should ever work in film again! This film is about as believable as a High School having its own TV station. If John Tucker had gone to a British comprehensive, he'd have been killed long ago!
Dean !

January 1, 2007
A very good teen rom-com with a cool young cast. It has some good getting back at your ex jokes and scenes. Funnier than I thought it would be. A bit like Mean girls but on a lighter note.
Megan S

February 20, 2007
Actually this movie was pretty amusing and had some really funny parts. It's another one of those movies where damn near thirty-year-olds play high schoolers, though.
Bobby H

April 19, 2008
Movie was good. John Tucker is a heartbreaker and three girls plot to give him a taste of his own medicine. It's a typical chick flick, and sort of predictable, though it has a whole lot of funny parts that most chick flicks lack. It's one of the better movies, if not the best I've seen of it's kind.
Chiefilms
Chiefilms

March 3, 2008
Poor casting and delivering, if they can't say John Tucker is going to die and not kill him, that lies to the audience.