• R, 1 hr. 31 min.

March 22, 2008
Wacky, Wild, and a HILLARIOUS made movie!!! (:
AJ V
September 6, 2010
It's movies like this that give 80s teen flicks a bad reputation. The actors are good, but the dialogue and story are stupid and pointless. I hated this movie.
Conner R
January 23, 2011
It's a slightly more sexed up and extreme version of the John Hughes formula, but in a good way. Anthony Michael Hall plays a great jock after being stereotyped as a shy nerd in most roles. RDJ also throws in a knockout as his kooky best friend. I liked the story because it had a real life feel to it and there were real consequences to everyone's actions. When it does get over the top, it's absolutely hilarious and a purely 80s experience.
Brian D
June 19, 2010
I always like Anthony Michael Hall in the 80's and this being one of hes lead role in playing not a nerd(like in the breakfast club or weird science) its pretty different for him at the time.And one of hes last movies till he disappeared until hes come back years later in the tv series The Dead Zone.The movie itself is ok and typical of the times there are some funny moments but not enough and Hall is ok but not really that fun to watch.Its Robert Downey Jr in a early role who stands out and the late and great Paul Gleason knocks a few laughs. And there's a very early role from Uma Thurman who lets just say that her acting gets better through the years.
deano deano
November 1, 2006
Fine coming-of-age comedy of the biggest college football.
Sean G
June 10, 2011
2-3 Great actors in their youth plus Paul Gleason.

This pretty much sums it up:
Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times
"The people who made this movie should be ashamed of themselves."

I couldn't have said it any better Roger.
Matthew L
October 23, 2009
Cheesy 80s movie, one of the last for Anthony Michael Hall as a high school football player choosing a college. Of course the whole sappy teen story of do the right thing. Paul Gleason as always a nice addition. The person who really stood out was Robert Downey Jr. Funny and showing why he is a great actor. Uma Thurman in her first role but not sure why she went anywhere. She is a horrible actress.
iLeo iLeo
December 25, 2007
Great!
Kim W January 21, 2012
Fairly lame movie. Interesting to see the three main characters so young, including Antony Michael Hall more than scrawny.
MichelleasaurusRex MichelleasaurusRex March 2, 2009
Fun movie. Anthony Michael Hall seems to be in everything. Robert Downey Jr. was awesome in this movie. He was super sexy and really goofy. This movie was pretty funny. I recommend this one to anyone who like 80's teen flicks.
bradwest bradwest ½ December 28, 2008
Anthony Michael Hall tries to break out of his typecasting. Not good. Would have to wait for TV's Dead Zone for that.
JaredsBaby JaredsBaby ½ June 11, 2008
I watched it to see and support Anthony Michael Hall, because of his great performances in The Breakfast Club and 16 Candles but this movie could have used alot more thought to pull it off......at the time this came out had never seen a movie done on this......college recruitment so that also had me interested but this was such a let down.
David L June 17, 2008
Classic Teen comedy. This movie made me want to play football so I can get recruited. And Uma Thurman has never looked hotter.
StaisilD StaisilD ½ June 28, 2007
Anthony Michael Hall (The Breakfast Club, Weird Science) stars as high school quarterback phenom, Johnny Walker, the most highly pursued prospect by colleges from around the country. Walker loves the attention he's been getting, which includes wild parties, full scholarship offers, and many other perks if he so chooses. All of his gallivanting has caused friction in his relationship with his high school sweetheart, Georgia (Uma Thurman), who wants him to attend the state college she's going to.
Carolyn "Carrie" S May 15, 2007
I am sorry but this movie SUCKED! Anthony Micheal Hall was good and cute! Robert Downey Jr they gave LAME lines too. Uma Thurman was so cute and young back then - her first movie! I wish I was kissing Anthony Michael Hall. He was hot then. Still is. Married though. I think.
MovieGuruDude72 MovieGuruDude72 ½ June 7, 2007
Might have been good if it were a tad bit more realistic. A fun sex romp in the same vein as American Pie, but all in all, a very campy movie.
Jeffrey M ½ April 13, 2007
A very entertaining and funny film. Anthony Michael Hall, Robert Downey Jr., Uma Thurman and the late Paul Gleason star in this 1988 classic film.
William S ½ November 11, 2006
Pretty funny look at the life and times of a teenage football star being recruited by every single college in America while he tries to show his girlfriend he really wants to be with her
Cory P April 6, 2006
Expected better movie when I saw the case but it was ok. Uma Thurman is in it but hardly at all. It's ok
Allan C ½ September 7, 2014
Pretty awful 80s comedy where Anthony Michael Hall attempted to shed his dorky Sixteen Candles/Breakfast Club image. Hall is a star high school quarterback being heavily recruited by colleges as he also balances his time with friend Robert Downey Jr. and girlfriend Uma Thurman. Where the film goes wrong is that it's pretentious enough to think it's some sort of college football expose, while at the same time wallowing in some very unoriginal and unfunny 80s sex comedy tropes. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against crass 80s sex comedies; "Valley Girl" and "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" are legitimate classics. The the film as a decent supporting cast that includes Paul Gleason, Seymour Cassel, Jennifer Tilly, Robert Downey Sr., John Pankow, Chicago Bears quarterback Jim McMahon(who I'd totally forgotten about) and John Hawkes as Pizza Boy #1, but the script and direction (mostly an wildly uneven tone) ruins any chance the film had of being endearing. Downey is likable, but he's not in the film enough and Hall is ridiculously self serious. The film is barely watchable, with the exception of Downey, who brings some life to the film when he appears, and the novelty of seeing Uma Thurman before "Dangerous Liaisons" and "The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" give the film a barely deserved one and a half stars.