18% Transcendence Apr 18

96% Silicon Valley: Season 1

Joseph - King of Dreams Reviews

Alexander W

January 11, 2008
I am 25 and loved this film. The animation is good where a disney animation might be 4 stars this is deserved a 4 star for animation. Cool Film !
sanjurosamurai
sanjurosamurai

January 22, 2007
decent flick, i was expecting more but it was ok
a b

February 7, 2008
Look at the cast! Ben Affleck? Mark Hamill? Tom Virtue (apparently appearing in every TV show ever made)? Wow! And to think it went straight to DVD, even with Luke Skywalker as the voice of Judah. How much would it suck to have to list "voice of Simeon/Slave-trader" on your resume? ha
Marion R

August 6, 2010
The songs aren't that good. I thought the dream sequences were well thought out and nice to look at. It was okay, if you want to see the story of Joseph.
Ktdid0512
November 19, 2007
I loved this movie. it has been the first time in years since i saw it until today! i forgot how much i loved it.
vannathebomb
May 3, 2007
This movie had beautiful songs too, and again, when I read the good word,i can't help but think about this movie and his beautiful coat and him being in that ditch. It was so colorful and creative!
April 29, 2007
While not quite as good as "Prince of Egypt," this was actually a very good movie. The music was pretty (I especially like "You Know Better Than I"); I wish they had made a soundtrack.
April 8, 2007
i actually wish they would have made more of these. it is a good and fun way to learn of the the stories in the bible and kids prefer cartoons to live action a lot of the time.
donkeykongconker
March 8, 2007
This movie might be more accurate than The Prince of Egypt. Still this is a great addition to anyones DVD inventory
jessmjordan
December 21, 2006
I still have this movie because my grandmother says it it is nice to have spirtial movies every day you run out of chocalate. She is so weird sometimes.
Greykitty
October 22, 2006
This film was ok. The animation was nice, but I think there were too many songs and the story didn't follow the Bible story very well in several places.
iamsamuelbelt
October 11, 2006
I have to say not really that good. The Prince of Egypt I thought was great, but this movie was just really bad.
March 13, 2014
Nice movie with an incredible story, reminiscent of "The Prince of Egypt".
February 22, 2014
Though obviously its production values can't match its theatrical predecessor, Joseph - King of Dreams still tells a good story and tells it well and manages a good deal of heart.
Marie King
December 30, 2013
While not as commercially successful this direct-to-DVD sequel to the Prince of Egypt is just as emotionally poignant and filled with enough powerful songs and quality voice talent
July 31, 2013
A lack lustre retelling of the Joseph story, there seems to be no relationship between Joseph and his Brothers, therefore there is no reason for the audience to care for these characters or the plot. Even without comparing it to the Prince of Egypt this film still wouldn't be able to stand on it's own. in uninspiring, dull, sappy, and i was bored to tears.
April 22, 2013
Wonderful animated movie of the Biblical story of Joseph and his brothers.
April 29, 2013
Follow up to the much publicised King of Egypt, this film tells the biblical tale of a prisoner who lands a job with the pharaoh thanks to his ability to forsee the future in dreams. Soon enough, he faces the brothers that once threw him out. Lots of musical numbers and special effects, and a three year long production really largely only amount to a forgettable film, though stylistically it is very distinctive of the Dreamworks animation of the time.
March 1, 2013
A decent sequel that carries some of the same format of it's predecessor.
Dammy  G.
February 24, 2013
Surprisingly for a direct to video movie, and prequel to The Prince of Egypt, this was better than it needed to be. Hell, I'd say it's one of Dreamworks best movies, and even better than theatrical released films like Shrek 2, or Over the Hedge.