70% The Equalizer Sep 26

Josie and the Pussycats Reviews

TheDudeLebowski65
TheDudeLebowski65

September 13, 2013
Josie and the Pussycats is an awful mess of a film. The film is poorly constructed with a bland, boring script, a terrible choice of actors and stupid. The film is a waste of celluloid and it insults the viewers' intelligence. Do yourself a favor and skip this film. I was forced to watch this and it was painful from start to finish. I really hated the film and it was a big waste of time. Tara Reid is a horrible actress that just has no talent to speak. This film is proof that studios will green light anything to make a quick buck. I'm all for a good comedy, but crap like this has no place in the cinematic genre. Watch something else instead; this is not worth your time. With a poor direction and a sloppily written script, Josie and the Pussycats fails to entertain. This is an awful comedy that just doesn't cut it. The dialogue is cringe worthy, the jokes are horrible and fall flat there is no substance here and it's a train wreck of a movie that never should have seen the light of day.
Spencer S

December 20, 2008
Even though you except nothing but the worst, this film is actually well written with love to spare.
deano
deano

November 23, 2006
This jerk teen comedy film based upon the Archie Comics in the story is not very entertaining to me.
The three Pussycats are, of course, very hot but the dilemma they are placed in is all too cute to be appealing for boys.
Nani V

December 2, 2007
This is a fun movie.
Jose Z

July 31, 2007
A totally chick flick. A satirical comedy with a lot of pop culture references, and a good way of mocking the way people buy oreat or drinka product just because its trendy. Although it has some funny moments the story was kinda corny and and a cheesy plot. The cast was good, Rachel Leigh Cook looking gorgeous and with a decent performance, Tara Reid so pretty but its role wasso cute and corny that she annoys me, Rosario Dawson seems to me that she was uncomfortable and wasn't enjoying her acting, Alan Cumming was great and funny with his role of the geek guy trying to be a cool singers manager aswell as Parker POsey, she was so hilarious, a villiand who was a nerd in her past trying to convince everyone to like her with subliminal messages on music. These two actors make this movie a little worthy wit its pricelessly performances. The music was really good, maybe one of the few good things of the movie. The costume design was ridiculous, I mean there's no way peolpe would dress like that. In conclusion this movie would be enjoyable for a boring sunday afternoon and to watch just once.
Rachel F

May 29, 2007
Decent enough.
Drew S

January 20, 2007
Yeah. Who expected ANYTHING good coming from this?
Leigh R

January 2, 2007
I thought it was cute.
Jason S

December 28, 2006
Rosario Dawson is in this.
Michael G

October 6, 2006
The horror... the horror...!
a b

June 9, 2007
I want to be in Rachel Leigh Cook's band for sure. But not Tara Reid's or Rosario Dawson. I don't like them.
Yinalí R

November 11, 2007
Love it! Classic.
Curt C

August 18, 2006
Definitely a lot of fun to watch, but I can't in good consciousness give it a strong recommendation. I enjoyed all the winking at the camera and overacting, and DuJour in particular was absolutely hilarious. The marketing/culture moral is kind of cool, although it's being dumbed down quite a bit. Also remains mostly faithful to the comic. I think this would easily be a 5-star movie for your average 12-16 year old female.
Patrick D

November 13, 2007
Call it a guilty pleasure, but I don't feel guilty. This film is actually quite hilarious in parts. Not only that it's well done. Direction is decent, writing is good. The satire, borders on parody but is still clever. Maybe it's a smart social comment hidden in a teen chick-flick.
Whatever it is, I dig the hell out of it.
Janice :

October 21, 2007
Don't ask.
iLeo
iLeo

November 17, 2006
Funny!

Missy Pyle and Paulo Constanzo are hilarious!
roseypie
roseypie

May 10, 2007
it's one of those chick flicks that are entertaining to watch...though i think i liked reading the comi strips better..
Anthony V

April 13, 2007
The boy band jokes are good.
Sean S

January 16, 2007
So fun and yet so insidiously clever. The movie makes fun of product placement and the way the media tries to control the youth, yet at the same time the movie is obviously costing the producers nothing as it is chock-a-block full of product placement.
Beleive it or not Tara Reid manages to steal the best scenes in this one. No really!
January 10, 2007
Silly, guilty pleasure type fun, but fun nonetheless.

The girls are cute, the music catchy and the satire of pop music in general and pop culture in particular makes for some amusing moments, this is well worth a rental for those of you who haven't seen it, unless you're just a humorless kill-joy.

My only slight complaint is that some of the cameos make it very of its time, but I suppose that's pop culture for you.

Recommended.