Joy Ride 2: Dead Ahead Reviews

June 23, 2014
this movie was ok. the rating would have been lower if i have seen the first one which i didnt. Over all it was a good movie
½ April 15, 2015
I really enjoyed this one as our sadistic meany Rusty Nail got lots more of a role than the previous film. This could really turn into a whole new horror genre called Terror-Trucker! I'd love it!
½ April 15, 2015
I laughed throughout most of the movie. Acting, script, and everything sucks. Sorry, directors.
½ December 22, 2014
½ June 28, 2014
Another ridiculous Joy Ride movie where the bad guy sees everything, can appear and disappear at will, including his big rig. I stopped watching when the chick did the thing where she knocks the bad guy senseless then turns her back on him. When is Hollywood gonna stop with that?
June 17, 2014
a b grade movie done well.. without the decent actors I would have gave up on this one, but it kept me hooked until the end.
½ June 9, 2014
Not as good as the first one by far. Rusty Nail in this movie isn't as bad-ass and terrifying, the two scenes at the ending were extremely stupid... this movie relies a little more on torture then being psychologically creepy like the first one. Disappointing.
June 1, 2014
The first film is arguably better in terms of depth and the tension.
May 31, 2014
A decent follow-up to the original, Joy Ride 2 adds more gore but nothing really original other than that. Still, it is a relatively suspenseful and entertaining slasher film (of sorts) that will keep you engaged until the end.
September 24, 2013
Not as good as the first, nor as satisfying. The plot is mostly more of the first film, but with worse characters and therefore more deaths. Not as many chilling moments, and you pretty much know what to expect. Still has a few nice turns though, and it's nice to see Rusty back.
June 24, 2013
I wanna see this movie!
June 5, 2013
A bit lacking in suspense and thrills... but I love the acting and obviously the mayhem...
½ April 24, 2013
something little bit fresh in those slasher-trucker movies... quite watchable
½ February 11, 2013
It may not be on par with the original,but it is one of the best thriller sequels ever created.
February 2, 2013
Four friends are left stranded on the road to Vegas after their car breaks down, but luckily they find an abandoned house with a running automobile that they decide to use to get to safety. Unfortunately for them, they have just borrowed the car of a crazed killer that stalks them in his giant semi as they head back out onto the highway. It's another twisted game of cat-and-mouse in JOY RIDE 2, only this time, the stakes are stupider than ever! What a misleading title. Rusty Nail returns to torture a new batch of twenty-somethings using childish pranks to match the absurd plotting, but thankfully, there is enough bloodshed along the way to keep us mildly entertained. Watch in horror as one of the characters strips to her panties! Reel in terror as another of the guys has to dress like a prostitute at a local truck stop! Puke in madness at the tired Horror tropes and dated pop culture references! Between the irritating characters and their mindless chatter, it is often difficult to stay awake, but for the precious little nuggets of gore that occasionally make their way to the screen. JOY RIDE 2 should be one of your last stops on the highway of horror.

-Carl Manes
I Like Horror Movies
½ September 30, 2009
Hated how she threatened the guy with his life just to save her boyfriend's. It didn't need the torture and gore. The first one was better, although this one went out faster.
½ September 13, 2012
A crappy sequel stick to the first Joy Ride film with Paul Walker in it because the first one has well done action scenes, good actors and and an ingenious ending. This sequel does not offer any good aspect and it results a very crappy and enormously boring film. My recommendation is to skip this film.
January 22, 2009
Actually starts out okay, in a mindless sort of way, but goes steadily downhill.
Way inferior to the original movie. Cast are not too bad, considering, but it really is a second rate effort.