The Jungle Book 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Jungle Book 2 Reviews

erika250
½ August 27, 2010
it totally not like the first film.
½ August 18, 2009
Perhaps I'm in the minority in thinking/saying this, but I think Disney rocks at making sequels to their all-time classics, and this is definitely one of the better ones! Familiar tunes abound, and it's a lot of fun to watch Mowgli being torn on whether he wants to go back to the jungle full time or stay with his fellow humans, and the ending couldn't have been better - nice solution to indecisiveness! A lot of reviewers said the voices are a lot different....if they hadn't said so, I wouldn't have known...sure can't tell!
January 19, 2012
Although a nice conclusion for the characters, this is a very short and embarassing attempt at a sequel.
Bradley T. Johnson
July 10, 2012
It isn't a complete failure and the new cast has their moments, but it is a completely unnecessary sequel which loses most of the charm, fun, and toe-tapping songs the first one had. Overall Rating: 44
Nick C.
½ March 9, 2010
Not bad of a sequal, but in the theaters?! COME ON! We already know it wasn't going to be a success which didn't surprise me, I wish this was made before 1972 (when George Sanders commit suicide).
½ July 12, 2012
Not as good as the original, and didn't really add anything new to it. Not funny enough for a kids, musical numbers were only at passing grade. Conclusion: Unnecessary sequel
½ January 9, 2012
I thought this movie was great. It had great animation, terrific voice acting, fun music, fantastic visuals, great characters, terrific directing, and a great storyline. I like the new characters including Shanti and Ranjan. I would recommend this movie for kids and adults alike.
½ October 5, 2008
This one will never be as good as the original one was. I do like one of the songs in here, but other than that it felt like the story was trying to tell the same story as the first one which kinda got old and felt like I was watching the same movie. The whole movie wasn't bad, but its not something that I will watch a lot of times.
August 5, 2007
I didnt like the first one, and then this one came along and I realized how good the old one was compared to this one. It was horrible graphics compared the the first and was just not needed at all after the 36 years in between the two.
April 22, 2015
My opinion? I could not bear watching this film! Shanti (10) was unnecessary and her brother Ranjan (3) isn't much better. He is a little obsessive about tigers, I know he's just a toddler but he's quite the fighting machine. I also don't care much for Shanti and Ranjan's parents, they later adopt Mowgli and I think it would've been a little better if they had been far from doting on Ranjan. But why is Mowgli still in his underwear? Even Ranjan has adopted bad habits from him. Why would he go to that crazy family and choose to visit the jungle every now and then? This is pointless and ruins the whole point of the jungle book.

This had a lot of potential wasted even though it was better off being something new.

this movie is about Mowgli and his new girlfriend as they flirt with each other, fight and look at each other with fluttering eyes. The voice actors don't live up to the originals, I don't think either one of them do, part of the reason was because this is a new updated version so there's new animation and better sounds. I think they did a pretty good job but all the voice actors should've just stuck to the roles we knew them in. Mae Whitman is the only one that had an unfitting voice for Shanti as expected with her now annoying voice. Lucky is the most annoying character in the film. The gang go out to fight Shere Khan again and win.

Now the animation is pretty good but the character design and some of it feel awkward. Like Mowgli isn't cute anymore, nor is Ranjan cute at times. What's worse is Shanti is fleshed out and now becoming the main character.

The characters are different, Mowgli is now a nicer character, Baloo is selfish and then we got the march of the elephants scene while Baloo is passing through the jungle. The Bear Necesseties is rehased a few times throughout the film. The songs in the film were quite good, though. It was predictable.

The story is Mowgli misses his life in the jungle and wants to go back to it.

May appeal to a younger audience but for me, I can't stand it.
½ November 6, 2013
enjoyable sequel, maybe not as great as the original, but, still worthy of enjoying with the family
March 2, 2012
Disney's returning classic comes with almost the same heart and the same "bare necessities," but not the same tone, charm nor magic. (B+)

(Full review coming soon - with better wording probably)
August 11, 2014
It's pretty decent for a Disney sequel but it was unnecessary, forgettable, sugar-coated, reworking and lame. I can see why some people will like it like children and young teenagers but the rest will be better off avoiding it.

Why did this movie get released in theaters? It was a waste of time, it's just a boring movie that rehashes The Jungle Book. It makes it look good. Really, a preteenage girl that has a precociously hyperactive toddler for a brother? What's the point in making this? I can see that adults think it's sad how pointless it is with the character Shanti in there annoying us and everything.
½ December 24, 2013
Rotten to the core...I still don't like the first one, but, this one doesn't help it, it gets worse.
August 25, 2014
This is awkward to watch with the same plot and bad voice actors this is a pile of shit but then you are like there was one previous to this and it was probably really hard to copy but again this is disney making money off needles sequels, prequels, midquels, interquels basically anything with quel on the end of it they should not have done this to such a classic and then just give it a shitty ass sequel but that's my opinion
April 11, 2014
Another glorified DTV Disney sequel that, though IS awful, is better than most of their catalog.
½ March 29, 2014
Not the worst movie I have gone more but did not feel the magic of the original, Its creators boasted a palette wider color, and it turns out it was ideal was the first not the second, because Jungle Book suited her his old touch.
January 2, 2014
This is NOT a bad sequel, IMO.
December 13, 2013
(Upcoming Review) Rating: 3.1/10 Overview: ... No. What... WHY would you take such a classic Disney gem, The Jungle Book and turn it into a technicolor abomination-WHY??? Though I do give them credit, at least they got John Goodman to do the voice of Baloo, and, Haley Joel Osment as Mowgli, BUT that's all that's good about it! Sure, the characters still look like themselves as we remember them (the coloring is slightly different), and the animation is, well, descent. The animation in the first Jungle Book was brilliant. Despite the flat colors, it still immersed me and I had forgotten that I was watching an animated movie. In this one, all I could see were key frames. Nothing in this movie shines at all, not even close to the first one. I know that I shouldn't be comparing it to it's original, but if it's a sequel, then I have no choice but to compare the two. It took 36 years for these characters and atmosphere from a beloved Disney classic to lose all it's heart. It was also the last film Disney had been working on before his death in 1966. Just imagine what his reaction would be if he were still alive and had seen this ... THING that had been created. If you liked it, fine. I'm still cringing just thinking about it.
November 20, 2013
the worst film of disney