Just Before Dawn (1981)
Release Date: Nov 25, 1981 Wide
Average Rating: 3.2/5
User Ratings: 2,276
Director Jeff Lieberman followed his horror-science fiction film Blue Sunshine with this effort, which rehashes many of the themes explored in Wes Craven's seminal horror work The Hills Have Eyes. The plot concerns a teenage land owner who heads for the mountains of Oregon with a deed to his new property and an RV full of young friends only to discover (to their extreme peril) that words on paper mean less than nothing up there... or, in the words of horticulture-loving park ranger George
Nov 25, 1981 Wide
Jul 26, 2005
Watch It Now
Latest News on Just Before Dawn
September 19, 2008:Further Reading: Making Waves as Die Welle Arrives
Kim compares and contrasts two versions of the same story as a German version of the story prepares...
No Friends? Inconceivable! Log in to see what your friends have to say.
The film's lush locations -- the mossy forest with its prehistoric ferns, huge trees, rocky cliffs and misty waterfalls -- add not just production value but a sense of urgency and conviction to the smart script's subtle environmental message...
Audience Reviews for Just Before Dawn
- Roy McLean: What is a demon to you mister?
- Ty: Tall... bigger than you. Built, built like that mountain up there. It had Vachel's hat and vest on, it had death in it's eye.
- Ty: There's been a murder, my nephew Vachel.
- Roy McLean: Who did it? Who did it?!
- Ty: Demon. Gonna get those kids too.
- Roy McLean: You saw those kids?
- Ty: They wouldn't listen. I tried to warn them, they wouldn't hear it.
Discuss Just Before Dawn on our Movie forum!