Just Like Heaven - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Just Like Heaven Reviews

August 16, 2012
It is fun watching a ghost who doesn't know they are a ghost. At one point, Reese was arguing that she was completely normal while her ghostly image is being split in half by the dining room table.
½ June 18, 2009
Witherspoons chin could probably kick my chins ass
murphmann93
June 24, 2011
Really cute film!
3niR
June 12, 2010
This was a funny and sweet movie. Although the story is a bit weird but it was entertaining as well. Especially the priest part.
May 27, 2007
I still cry every time I watch this. I do think this movie is my guilty pleasure, if such a thing exists.
BEACHBUNNI
February 5, 2008
Reece Witherspoon and Mark Ruffalo star in this romantic comedy "just like heaven",a flick about love,loss and a psychic named Napolean Dynamite
½ December 31, 2006
An ok rom-com with a Ghost twist. It has elements of Ghost and while you were sleeping with out being too similar. It's not really a stand out fim or that funny.....but I did enjoy watching it and felt overall it was a good film. Worth checking out if it's on.
June 24, 2010
cliche and really nothing special but not a bad movie. B-
FiLmCrAzY
September 9, 2007
i really love this movie, its probably one of reese witherspoons best movies!
Its funny, its sweet, and probably classed as a romcom with a twist!
Reese witherspoon is a medical student and after a long night and late shift she drives her way to her sisters house only she never makes it because she crashes with an oncoming lorry leaving her in a coma, Mark Ruffalo plays a man who cant get over the death of his wife and moves into Reeses old flat but she still lives tere in spirit, this movie takes you through heartache, relfects on her life and how shes not living life and then through romancee and humour! this movie is fantastic and beautifully acted and written well worth a watch!!
thmtsang
July 14, 2007
Charming romantic comedy. David sublets an apartment only to find that it is still occupied by a ghost. He is the only one who can see and hear Elizabeth. They try to find out what happened to her. Good cast.
½ June 14, 2006
What seems to start out as a story similar to "Ghost" soon follows its own paths and doesn't do much wrong on the way. Likeable characters, good acting and great chemistry between Witherspoon and Ruffalo, plus a story that keeps you entertained, of course without being very inventive. Jon Heder's role is kept pleasantly small and the ending, while being cheesy is also pretty sweet and the equivalent of too much chocolate: you know and realize what it does to you but can't help but like it. Fans of romantic modern fairy tales should be really pleased.
½ November 1, 2006
Great chemistry between the leads... Both Reese Witherspoon and the heavily underrated Mark Ruffalo give amazing performances... Jon Heder gives us "Napoleon Dynamite revisited" and that's not good... The film has great comedic timing and a good script with pretty funny lines... The story is a little simple (or at least it's portrayed that way), but the film works because it's moving, not too sugary and because of Mark Waters' directing...
movieguru12
February 24, 2008
Hillarious!!!!!!!!
MANUGINO
December 20, 2007
I like it very much, a very good movie that get's close to your heart. When David sublet his quaint San Francisco apartment, the last thing he expected was a roommate. He had only begun to make a complete mess of the place when a pretty young woman named Elizabeth suddenly shows up, adamantly insisting the apartment is hers. David assumes there's been a giant misunderstanding...until Elizabeth disappears as mysteriously as she appeared. Changing the locks does nothing to deter Elizabeth, who begins to appear and disappear at will. Convinced that she is a ghost, David tries to help Elizabeth cross over to the "other side." But while Elizabeth has discovered she can walk through walls, she is convinced that she is still alive and isn't crossing over anywhere. As Elizabeth and David search for the truth about who Elizabeth is and how she came to be in her present state, their relationship deepens into love. Unfortunately, they have very little time before their prospects for a future together permanently fade away.
½ November 24, 2007
Genuinely sweet and funny, clever dialogue and subtle acting, but an "unfluffy" ending would have been better.
August 31, 2007
It was ok..slow at the start..but ok.
July 31, 2007
This movie surprised me. It was so much better than I was expecting it to be.
May 20, 2007
Loved it. It is just completely adorable.
February 19, 2007
Cute!

A little sappy, but cute.

Jon Heder is awesome, and I've always liked Mark Ruffalo.
½ December 27, 2006
Not too bad. Saw the ending coming a mile away.