—— The Identical Sep 05

—— Unforgettable: Season 2

Just My Luck Reviews

Wildaly M

September 2, 2007
Silly rom-com, although Pine and Lohan are quite charming.
murphmann93
murphmann93

June 24, 2011
I loved this film! McFly were amazing and the storyline was different than a average chick flick!
Lucas M

June 6, 2011
Just My Luck, looks a interesting movie, that brings a charm by your characters and simple comedy. But show, an different side: more another one silly gags and bad screenplay with a terrible direction and teen romance. Rotten.
movieguru12
movieguru12

February 19, 2008
Ashley has led an easy life which all changes when she kisses Jake, at a masquerade ball. In the end she realizes that luck isn't everything & that she is in love with Jake. This was another adorable movie. Too bad Lindsay Lohan is all screwed up right now. Hopefully she'll turn around.
Conner R

March 5, 2010
I don't care what anyone says, this movie is amazing. It's a really fun premise with two really great leads who truly have chemistry, how can you not enjoy it? I think the main reason that it's a cut above others like it is the great New York backdrop. It automatically makes your movie look amazing. I really like the gimmick of luck, it reminded me of an old Howard Hawks screwball comedy.
Richard C

July 23, 2010
C-
bbcfloridabound
bbcfloridabound

April 15, 2010
A cute little film, more of a chick flick then anything else, but still enjoyable. A very lucky girl meets a very unlucky guy and when they kiss there luck swaps. Pretty cool my guess made for teenagers. A clean film no nudity cussing or other junk that clogs the airways these days. 4 stars
3niR
3niR

January 24, 2010
Kiss will change luck? What a story.
thmtsang
thmtsang

June 24, 2007
Good rom com about a girl who has all the luck and a guy who has no luck. One night they kiss and their luck changes. She loses everything and he gets everything. Can they figure out what has happened? Interweaved is the launch of a British band McFly in the US. Good cast, good music, good fun.
Leigh R

August 9, 2006
Pretty cute movie... Why can't Lindsay go back to being that girl?
Nani V

July 31, 2007
It was actually, OK. Cheesey, "romantic", comedy. Although, I can't picture Lindsey Lohan as a professional. When she was wearing that white suit, she looked like a kid trying to be a grown-up.
Red L

August 6, 2007
OK movie. Good when you need a little fluff.
Rachel F

May 31, 2007
It was good enough. I love Samaire Armstrong so I watched it.
Daniel H

May 22, 2007
It is hard to write this review without double-negatives, such as "it isnt terrible" or "Not bad"... For a romantic comedy, it is decent, which isn't saying much... yet still, one could spend 90 minutes doing worse things that seeing this movie.
Roy G

December 4, 2006
With any luck, Just My Luck will disappear quickly, before it can do any real damage to Lindsay Lohan's movie career.
deano
deano

September 12, 2006
Funny twist-of-fate comedy by kissing between lucky and unlucky.
ajaymuthecooldevils
ajaymuthecooldevils

May 15, 2006
A delightful comedy from Lindsay Lohan!
James A

May 20, 2006
Its like watching a school play and nobody i know is in it.
PantaOz
PantaOz

December 9, 2011
This so called romantic comedy was directed by very insecure Donald Petrie... and as much as I love Lindsay Lohan under Petrie's guidance she manages to give, probably, her worst performance! For Chris Pine I won't lose any words... he has no character at all... and ability to act is not really something you'll remember him for.

The story about Ashley, the luckiest girl in Manhattan, and her life after she loses her luck to a real looser Jake is not a new one... as well as the boredom it entice! Stay away from this "art-work" which confuses misfortune with plain stupidity!
Jeff B.
Jeff B.

July 17, 2010
Luck comes in many forms...or so director Donald Petrie (Miss Congeniality) would've hoped before cameras rolled on this luckless flick. It gambles a decent premise on a so-so script and the comic talents of Lindsay Lohan. Suffice to say, Lohan has had remarkable success in conjuring hits out of projects harboring only a hint of (Mean Girls) or no (Herbie: Fully Loaded) potential, but much of her CV's windfall comes courtesy of her directors and the material. This lucky streak goes broke with Just My Luck, a romantic comedy with a winningly original concept that, in all the wrong hands, gets old fast. This is not to say that it does not get old, only that it takes a running time of 108 minutes to get there, marred by countless, obtrusive musical numbers.

Through lots of luck and little pluck in this PG-13-rated rom-com, Ashley (Lohan) has the world at her feet, a successful career and social life being the cornerstones. Jake (Pine), on the other hand, can barely stay on his feet, bungling his makeshift gig as manager to the unsigned band McFly nearly beyond repair. When a chance encounter engages them in a passionate kiss, their respective lucks switch, bringing Ashley's world down and Jake's up.

Though it goes against this reviewer's grain to embrace such fare, points must be given -albeit grudgingly - for originality. Just My Luck's downfall, however, occurs as it undergoes an identity crisis. The director never decides whether he is making a romantic comedy or a promotional film for wannabe next-big-band McFly. This force-feeding of disposable pop gets old fast, causing the film's luck to run out.

Bottom line: Don't go down gambling.