Just One of the Girls (Anything for Love) Reviews

January 12, 2008
I love this movie! Okay, technically it is not fantastic, and even I have to admit Corey makes a particularly unattractive and unconvincing female, but it is such good fun and I never tire watching it.
Just one of those feel good movies that you can watch over and over and not think too hard, have a laugh, and Corey is always watchable... real waste to think he is not with us anymore.
Story is that Chris, (Corey Haim), dresses as a girl to avoid the school bully and, as it's his first day in school, he is spotted by his teacher in drag and has to attend school like that all the time. To complicate matters further, he falls in love with Marie ,(Nicole Eggert), befriends her (as a girl), and then the bully turns out to be Marie's brother. Cue all types of funny situations and misunderstandings.
Whole cast is good here. None of them are winning awards, but it works in a fun light movie like this. The girl who plays Julie, Chris's sister, is also quite amusing.
½ August 15, 2010
Back during the days when Corey Haim was in a real-life relationship with Eggert, which in itself allowed Corey to continue his post 1980s success for a little while longer. This film ended that run as Eggert went on to Baywatch (which wasn't much better) and Haim went on to obscurity. Cheesy and about as engaging a trip to the supermarket. Does offer cheerleaders so it's not a total waste, but it's close.
February 10, 2007
Another great corey haim and nicole eggert movie.Not as good as blown away that is why i gave 3 stars but overall pretty good comedy
½ January 23, 2007
All us girls know..that we'd love to see a guy cheerleader...especially to get you to fall in love with him
July 7, 2010
In Australia this movie is called "Anything for Love" and I think it's more accurate to what the movie is about.
Yes, it's an 80's tennage film and does date but who doesn't love Corey Haim in a dress, really?
You know the story, boy likes girl, girl doesn't know bnoy exists, boy dresses up like a new female student to get close to girl - that old chestnut. But it's a really charming movie and Haim brings a lot of personality and likability to this movie.
½ September 6, 2009
Ive been looking for this film for so long now..:( seems so hard to get hold of it in the UK. Its well worth a watch, Corey plays his part as a woman really well and the story is fab. Shame not to see his side kick corey feldman but still I love this film and hope someday to see it again!
July 18, 2008
This is a good movie if you like these, gender switching plots. In my opinion this movie was good. I think Haim did this before Chad Lowe, before Jonathan Brandis, and certainly before Amanda Bynes.