• PG-13, 1 hr. 41 min.

85% Welcome to Sweden: Season 1
77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Just One of the Guys Reviews

July 11, 2014
Typical 80's film, that being the reason I liked it! The girl was ridiculously hot and I like these types of movie where a guy plays a girl, girl plays a guy type thing, they always seem to come up with some pretty funny stuff.
June 25, 2014
It's dumb, but it's so enjoyable anyway. If you're looking for something that epitomizes the 80s, this is probably one of the best movies you could watch. Joyce Hyser is gorgeous, and it's laughable how anyone could possibly be fooled by her. When she started acting and dressing like a guy, the first thing that came to my mind was how much she was reminding me of Ralph Macchio. Not just because of how she looked, but the way she talked and acted was very Karate Kid-esque. So I was pleasantly surprised and bursted into laughter when one of the girls ends up having a crush on her and says that she reminds her of Ralph Macchio.

This is about as cliched as it gets. There's the underdog who goes to the new school, the nerdy guy who the girl realizes she wanted all along, the college boyfriend who is a jerk (and college aged, really means late 20s/early 30s businessman). I know I'm rating this higher than it deserves because of the gaping plot holes, bad acting, and unoriginal script, but it's just a lot of fun to watch. It probably helps that Joyce Hyser has an amazing body and gives one of the most memorable flashing scenes in movie history.
May 27, 2014
The characters are one-dimensional and the story is full of high school movie clichés but there are a few genuine laughs throughout and I enjoyed this more than I expected to.
SPERMIAN
May 26, 2014
What the fuck was I watching?
January 15, 2014
In MY opinion, its the MOST under-rated high school movie of ALL-TIME. I fell in love with it the 1ST time I saw it. Its incredibly funny (Billy Jacoby steals nearly EVERY scene) & its touching. Has an amazing soundtrack & feel to it too :)
November 27, 2013
loved this and have been searchg for
Dave J
April 2, 2013
Tuesday, April 2, 2013

(1985) Just One Of The Guys
TEEN DRAMA/ COMEDY

Straight "A" college girl gets a 'good' rating for a contest paper which can get her into get her into the field of journalism work, and as a result of the best scores going to the male students, she takes the liberty of becoming a guy and then going back to junior high school again to prove to her teacher what a great journalist she is.

Most unlikely scenarios which many things can happen but is restricted to specific situations to convenient the main actress.

2 out of 4
Harsh4U
March 20, 2013
Great 1980s High School Flick
May 17, 2011
Teenage guilty pleasure and she was HOT!
February 24, 2013
I loved this movie. I don't remember why, but I did.

I didn't have very good taste as a child.
December 17, 2012
One of the better of the 80's teen flicks. A girl poses as boy to get her story published for the school newspaper and complications ensue. Very, very funny. Holds up pretty good today. The brother, Buddy is hilarious.

Terry: "You know, sometimes I just wish I was a guy." Buddy: "No you don't! The male body needs sex at all times! It's a living hell!"
September 21, 2012
How can i get more movies to owned.I like this movie because it is so funny.
September 3, 2012
A great teen movie that breaks down barriers for women everywhere.
September 2, 2012
could have been better
August 5, 2012
The classic gender bending 80's movie
July 23, 2012
A really funny movie. Could not stop laughing!
July 19, 2012
My favorite movie of all time, I love it so much i could cry
May 20, 2012
Sorry this movie is just one of my guilty pleasures. THere really isn't a true reason why this film gets 5 stars other than it speaks to me ever since I was 7!
May 12, 2012
A decent and entertaining movie, especially for those who grew up in the 80s and/or are fans of 80s movies. If you liked similar movies- Sixteen Candles, et al.,- then you'll like this one as well. It won't blow you away, but it will entertain you. The little brother Buddy steals the show..