K-9 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

K-9 Reviews

June 21, 2011
Was better went Tom Hanks do.
FilmFanatik
March 25, 2007
It's been a while since I've seen this.
½ June 30, 2007
A good police dog movie. Well done. James Belushi plays the part of the cop very well. It isn't too silly, gross or mindless. Some of the jokes are genuinely funny. Charming.
June 17, 2007
A good action film as a cop teams up with his trusted K-9 partner. You will like it if you enjoyed Turner and Hooch.
½ June 5, 2007
Funny action comedy. I do like some Jim and the movie was funny. There were a lot of movies like this one though. Some of them were better.
garyX
May 6, 2007
Another one of those dumb buddy cop movies parodied by Last Action Hero. It's inoffensive, but Belushi just doesn't have the star quality his brother had and it's not as good as contemporary Turner & Hooch.
March 3, 2007
Enjoyable comedy
sanjurosamurai
January 22, 2007
decent cop comedy where dog does all the work while cop eats food
deano
January 16, 2007
Fantastic mismatched-buddy cop picture. There are a few amazing moment (the dog's rescue of James Belushi in a bar). In between lingers lots of standard action-pic fore, plenty of toothless, jokes and some downright mangy dialog.
½ April 27, 2015
James Belushi stars in the hilarious goofball comedy K-9. Desperate to catch LA's top drug trafficker, reckless detective Michael Dooley requisitions a drug sniffing dog to help him crack the case; but Dooley soon finds that working with the dog isn't as easy as he'd thought. Belushi is incredible funny and does a great job at playing off of Jerry Lee (the German Shepherd who's the real star of the film). But the plot is rather weak, and the characters are mostly one-dimensional stereotypes (especially the villain). Yet the comedy is golden, delivering a lot of laughs. Irresistibly fun, K-9 is an entertaining family film that all ages can enjoy.
½ April 7, 2009
Another true to the game dog lover appreciation movie...shown in "to compete" with "Turner & Hooch"...to me both movies were better than today's viewing of "Marley & Me"...See this it is another true movie classic gem.
Naughtia
June 9, 2010
I only watched this movie because of James Belushi. I could immediately see and hear that this is an 80's movie and a movie very fit for family entertainment. The dog is very cute and the smartass cop is very well played by Belushi. I liked this movie it somewhat reminded me of the movie 'Turner and Hooch'.
½ January 16, 2011
It was definitely one of those stupid '80's movies. It was pretty dumb overall, but I'm a sucker for anything with animals, specifically dogs, in it!
alanjayh
½ July 24, 2008
with belushi starring. hard to know who is the dog in the movie
½ February 22, 2008
cute movie, definatly worth a watch
½ August 3, 2007
9/7/2015: a pretty decent movie. Doesn't quite compare to Turner and Hooch, but still had some good funny moments.
½ June 3, 2013
Unlike Turner & Hooch, the dog doesn't feel like he's important to the story. There seems to be no good reason for the dog to be in the film. He's there to help sell tickets via a high concept poster and title. The movie doesn't live up to even that weak sitcom-like premise. This is only made watchable because of Belushi.
October 28, 2012
One of the best cop dog movie ever and its funny. This movie is why I fell in love with Germen Shepherds I had one four almost a year I was gonna name him Jerry Lee but ended up naming him Max instead.
½ December 9, 2012
My all time favorite Jim Belushi movie! I can watch this movie over and over again. I still need to watch the sequels but I doubt they are as good as the first was.