20% The Identical Sep 05

77% You're the Worst: Season 1

Kangaroo Jack Reviews

Lucas M

March 17, 2013
What a waste of time. Too dumb, too nonsense, too strong for a family entertaining picture, but probably in some decades this horrible thing could be rediscovery by others genarations and receive the title of a classic 'so bad that's good' cult following.
Directors Cat
Directors Cat

January 29, 2012
It has a few moments of great hilarity and Anderson in the supporting role is hilarious but the acting of everyone else is bad and it completely misses it's target audience. Kangaroo Jack is one of those stupid movies that try to suck it up to the parents by feeding them adult humour, but it's too gross for a movie like this. Or is it?
deano
deano

January 4, 2007
Fine Ausralian-based, American-produced comedy about two best friends (Jerry O'Connell and Anthony Anderson) lure on their adventures to the outback with a frisky kangaroo. Cool car chases and planet stunts frame kid-pleasing jokes: camel farts, ants in the pants, etc.
KJ P

January 27, 2010
I don't know why people don't like it! I find it increadibly ammusing!
Conner R

November 19, 2009
While it's not particularly good, it's a harmless movie. It has some shining moments every now and then, but it's a little to childish. This movie really had no audience, it's not a kids movie and it's definitely not for adults. It's just sort of a mediocre attempt.
flixsterman
flixsterman

January 6, 2009
Stinker!!
Lanning :

August 9, 2008
I'm having another one of those mirages, and this one's a beauty. Definitely one of the highest ranked on my all-time guilty-pleasure list. The kangaroo is adorable, and it's possibly the best you'll ever see Estella Warren look. Whoo hoo! Coincidentally, Warren herself is also about as high up my guilty-pleasure list as she can be : ) Oh, Canada! Brains and beauty. Yup, it's a cliché -- but clichés become clichés for a reason. All right, I admit it, this is the most romantic moment of my life -- And now it's over.
Tim S

May 27, 2008
This is what happens when you are trapped on a plane for eight hours and you cannot sleep even though you have taken two valium which gave me flashbacks of my early college years and only made me really want a cigarette. I was really surprised to see Micheal Shannon AND Christopher Walken in this film. I fucking loathe Jerry Brukheimer and myself for watching this film.
FiLmCrAzY
FiLmCrAzY

October 8, 2007
funny and stupid and a bit predictable but funny
ajaymuthecooldevils

What the fuck is this?
Frisby2007
Frisby2007

March 31, 2011
Let's all get one thing straight, the only reason anyone went to go watch this movie was because of the talking kangaroo from the previews, seriously (guilty). And yet, when the scene finally came into the movie, it wasn't even worth it.

I expected this movie to be hilarious, & was it? Fuck no! It's way too damn inappropriate for a PG rating, & the jokes in here are so painfully unfunny that they hurt my brain (the bathroom scene was the closest thing to making me laugh).

Plot/Story: The two main characters are heading into the Australian outback to deliver some money given to them by the main character's evil stepfather, in which this case, the money is illegal. THe two travel for a while, they then run over a kangaroo, they pick him up, dress him, & he wakes up, scaring them both & runs off with the jacket that had the money.

Now the two have to find 'Jack' (the kangaroo) & get the money back, which then turns the movie more violent & sexual for a PG rating. The film turns predictable after a while.

Effects: The CGI used for the Kangaroo was cheap. The scene everyone wanted to see him sing/talk wasn't even all that well done. It wasn't funny, nor worth it (just like Snow dogs). The scene lasted only a small amount of minutes, & the other characters from the movie which became kangaroos themselves in the mirage.

Acting: It wasn't all that great. It was decent, but not worth talking about.

Jokes: They're not even funny. The bathroom scene was the only worthwhile joke to listen to, but even that scene was unoriginal.

Actors/Characters: Jerry O'Connel is a great actor, but he usually plays an extremely idiotic character in the majority of his movies, & this movie is a prefect example to that. His character was unoriginal, & moronic. Then Anthony Anderson plays his usual, stupid, but comical character, but even he wasn't worth the movie. Then we have Christopher Walken, who is always an amazing actor, but tends to play an forgettable character. The rest of the cast & characters are forgettable.

Final summation, this movie isn't a family movie, it's too damn stupid, & inappropriate for kids.
Juan C

June 1, 2011
an enjoyable and funny family movie with lots of glee and fun for a family to keep on hopping silly. A
Yinalí R

July 3, 2007
Awesome movie, really funny.
Mike T

July 3, 2006
Two bumbling idiots yell a lot while chasing a CGI kangaroo for ninety minutes. Loud, stupid and annoying.
Andrew F

May 18, 2006
I liked the kangaroo, but I hated everyone and everything else. The commercials made it sound like the kangaroo talks, but he only does in a dream. How stupid.
Sylvester K

July 12, 2012
Why do people make these films??? Why???
DrLappos