Weekly Ketchup: Jaden Smith to be The Karate Kid

Summary

This week's big ten includes the expected mix of remakes (The Karate Kid, Pinocchio), comic book adaptations and... Ridley Scott directing Monopoly? Back to Article

Comments

Random_Jake

Joshua Mills

I'm assuming Del Toro doesn't plan on dying anytime soon.......

Nov 14 - 06:24 PM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

Terrible Karate Kid idea! Im fine with Joe Johnston doing Cap, even though I hated Jurassic Park III, I did love October Sky though and The Rocketer was a childhood favorite of mine. That WORLD WAR Z sounds awesome and I think I am going to go get that book, I really like Marc Foster. I just saw the new Bond, I gotta say I am glad I didn't get my hopes up because I would only rate it a 7.5/10. I hated the new Bond girl, she was really weak, I just dont get why they didn't use that Ms. Fields as the main Bond girl because she was good. I liked the villian a lot but I dont think he got enough screen time and I wish Jeffery Wright got more screen time. Its a memorable Bond flick, it was a little choppy and poorly edited though but it was a strong Bond flick, I absolutely loved The Goldfinger throw back in it though. Also I definitely agree that they should get rid of the FIRST AVENGER name thing, I do think MARVEL is making interesting Director choices though, I like THOR's director even though I hated his version of FRANKENSTEIN but I loved HANRY V and HAMLET.

Nov 14 - 06:24 PM

The Vile

mazyar goodarz

The Danish Girl? Interesting choice for Kidman, considering the rumours that have been going around about her being born a man. i mean, i don't believe it, but it's an interesting choice all the same.

Nov 14 - 07:25 PM

greg_dean_schmitz

Greg Dean Schmitz

Really ? I've never heard that rumor about Nicole Kidman. The first one I've heard (movie wise) was Jamie Lee Curtis, and more generally (and more often, lately), is Ann Coulter.

Interesting though... that's three cases of a gender change rumor about women, but I don't think I've ever heard such a gender switch rumor about a famous MAN being born a woman ?

Nov 14 - 07:31 PM

The Vile

mazyar goodarz

Yeah, really. The rumour is that she has Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome, meaning she was born with X & Y chromosomes amongst other things. I'd post a link to a credible source, but there aren't any. there are bogus reports all over google though. It just seems to me that if you were trying to quash such rumours, you wouldn't except a role like this. i say, good for her/him.

Nov 14 - 10:36 PM

The Vile

mazyar goodarz

*accept*

Nov 14 - 10:38 PM

sunsaz

Chris Moore

This Karate Kid news will be received about as well as the three sequels to the original, if not worse.

Nov 14 - 08:10 PM

screwhead100

Ben Wellick

why would they want to remake karate kid?!?! i can't wait until hollywood starts to do remakes of remakes....it'll be even more phun

Nov 14 - 09:06 PM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

They did, it was that piece of crap called The Invasion... oh and King Kong, but PJ's was awesome!

Nov 14 - 10:31 PM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

Oh and I am Legend, and they were all still not very good.

Nov 14 - 10:35 PM

blattman

Mike Greenblatt

I for one have no problem with a black or asian or any nationality playing Wonder Woman. They are not playing Linda Carter. Theater has gone multi-racial for years and no one cared. Beyonce would be a fine Wonder Woman.

Nov 14 - 09:40 PM

Put Username Here

Mirren Maacenrowe

I'm a black man and of course would like to see equal billing for character roles but I don't won't it bad enough to see Beyonce ruin what could possibly be an epic movie if done correctly. Beyonce would destroy and overact in Wonder Woman.

Nov 17 - 06:09 AM

ZiGyStRdUsT

Carlos Monino

I got exited for a second when I thought that Charlize Theron and Kidman were going to make out but when they throw in a penis my fantasy gets a little weird...even for me.

Nov 14 - 10:06 PM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

Nov 14 - 10:31 PM

inactive user

Jared King

I as well have no problem with a non-caucasian Wonder Woman. But I don't want Beyonce. Why? Because she's Beyonce. I know her face to well. It would waste her and DC's time. (What a waist! And a delicious bod. )

Monopoly just sounds lame, and Del Torro needs to slow down. Even though he's a good director. He's got enough on his plate. I think the time period feel of Captain America will be good, and I'll see it. But how will they do that costume! And even though only jokerboy mentiond this, I'm seeing Quantom of Solace. I'll just lower my standards. Anyone else think that Matt Damon would make a good Cap?

Nov 14 - 10:33 PM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

Oh and I am Legend, and they were all still not very good.

Nov 14 - 10:35 PM

The Vile

mazyar goodarz

Nov 14 - 10:36 PM

The Vile

mazyar goodarz

*accept*

Nov 14 - 10:38 PM

Rash Hunt

Rash Hunt

Beyonce would be the first Wonder Woman ever to be pulled over in the invisible car.

Nov 15 - 01:59 AM

eastern2western

peter liu

karate kid remake actually sounds interesting because it is going to start filming in china(martial art meca of the word, despite karate is a japanese thing). for the next movies, the least they should do is make a movie about the read word of martial competition (no blood, violence, just a movie about a munch of poor adults trying to make a living training kids and the boards those karate people break are break away boards (any one can break it without any type of training). it is very likely that the wonder woman will never receive greenlight because the failures of all of the female action movies. no matter it is black of white, female action genere has not made good returns like male action genere. it is relatively sexist, but people (male or female) prefers to see male action heroes than female action heroes.
the nicole kidman movie looks just like another bomb in her record because she has been poisoning almost everything she has been in. however, if they are going to charlize therone and her as a couple, I am very interesting in seeing at least one lesbo action between the two.

Nov 15 - 02:12 AM

JettaJameson

James Lowell

Pinocchio with a "perverse and spooky and semi-necrophilia vibe?" Really? Sounds like a terrific movie.....or not. I feel unclean having read that.

Nov 15 - 02:18 AM

iakobos

J Taylor

Beyonce would probably make a great WW but I doubt if DC is going to change the color of a character that has been helmed by a white woman for 50 years. Not to mention the whole Amazon princess back story would be a little harder to explain with a black character.

Nov 15 - 05:48 AM

Spiderbash

Tommy Thevenet

Man i can't wait for the world war z movie. The book was great and if they screw up this movie i would get so pissed off. I think that the captian america would be pretty good and didn't they already make a captain america film?

Nov 15 - 06:37 AM

Cosmin I.

adsa adds

Karate Kid will not click with modern audiences...Marc Forster should be banned from directing after he made the most boring, useless, unexciting action sequences in a Bond movie ever. Intentional or not? does it matter, the action sucked...Spiderbash you're fears are valid...Marc will screw up the movie.

Nov 15 - 07:19 AM

jokerboy1991

jack giroux

I thought he did an ok job for Bond. My biggest problem with Quantum was the editing, there were too many cuts during the action scenes which would be annoying and the film in general was choppy at times and the bond girl sucked. It was a strong Bond movie though, I just hope they come up with a new story next time.

Nov 15 - 11:18 AM

SadisticMagician

arturo garcia

lol karate kid is gonna be an epic fail.

Nov 15 - 07:54 AM

Weekly Binge
Weekly Binge

Check out Boardwalk Empire

Historical TV Shows
Historical TV Shows

40 TV depictions of past eras

Pictures of classic movie pairs

Annabelle Trailer