Karol, un uomo diventato Papa (Karol: A Man Who Became Pope) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Karol, un uomo diventato Papa (Karol: A Man Who Became Pope) Reviews

November 19, 2014
If you want to watch a geniune film on the first part of John Paul the Great's life and not a Hollywood production, then this is the film to watch. I feel an incredible wave of emotion when I see the simple preist who took-on the Nazis and then Communists with love, compassion and a sense of moral righteousness be first nominated, then elected Pope. To the see the people John Paul the Great grew-up with and the people who endured the struggles with him see him as he's being introduced as Pope chokes me up everytime I watch this movie. I especially enjoy the scene which shows the moment when Wojtyla the priest, who was not even thought-of as a candidate when conclave began after John Paul I's death, get put forth as a candidate. It is an exceptionally powerful scene to a priest from Communist occupied Poland as he's elected Pope -an advertent or inadvertent message from the College of Cardinals against communism and totalitarianism as depicted when Kordek (head of the Communist in Poland toasts Wojtyla as he's introduced as Pope ...love that scene! I just love the film of how it shows goodness can overcome pure evil, and how GOD will elevate those to lead who need to lead.
May 13, 2014
Well done bio pic of the man how became John Paul the Great.
½ May 13, 2014
This so called "movie " is undoubtedly the most contrived, poorly acted bucket of shit I've ever had the misfortune of sitting through. May the deepest, darkest circle of hell be reserved for the fuckers that had the audacity to put this shitcunt together.
Acting-Shite. Plot-confusing and infuriating. Length- I have grown pubes faster. In summary I feel about as warmly towards Karol as I do towards a turd in fucking space suit.
May 13, 2014
This is my favorite movie. It is always deeply moving, recounting the early years of one of the most influential men of our times, Bl. Pope John Paul II, as he lived through both Nazi and Communist rule of his homeland--Poland--up until his election as Supreme Pontiff. Each time I watch it, I come away with a deeper perspective of the beauty of human life, love and the Catholic Faith and the rock-solid power of these forces for good in the face of the seemingly unimaginable evil that man is capable of causing in our world. After watching God's Providential guidance and the faith of Karol Wojtyla, you'll be able to perceive the source of his oft-repeated and courageous statements as Pope: "Do not be afraid!" I highly recommend this movie to anyone with even the smallest sentiment of faith in Christ or interest in this figure who was recognized by TIME as among the most influential men of the 20th century.
½ December 25, 2007
Excellent movie but just a tad too long for me!
May 7, 2013
Film recreating the early career of John Paul II, ending with his election as Pope. Often overwhelmingly melodramatic, though this film takes an interesting viewpoint in the telling of the life of an important figure of religion in the twentieth century, as a human more than a man of God.
May 5, 2013
A wonderfully moving film about the life of Karol Wojtyla before he became Pope. Good for even non-catholics, with the historic drama of World War II and the Communist oppression in Poland which followed. Good production values but slightly shaky dubbing. And very long due to the TV-movie nature. Maybe they should do a sequel about how things went to pot during his papacy
February 28, 2011
I love very much Papa Karol!!!!
Mi manca tanto.....
½ January 30, 2010
Watched this last night-- really well done! I never knew much about JP2's life-- amazing stuff. 3 hours (was a 2 part series). Not for kids: violent during Nazi wartime.
January 16, 2010
One of the greatest movies ever.
November 28, 2009
Valuable and touching...a real idealist who moved the masses with his words of truth and love.
April 19, 2009
This film is inspirational. As a Catholic, this pope; Joannes Paulus II is a humble pope as projected in this beautiful film. It is a story of courage. It is a story of grace, mofesty and love for God. TRhis is also a story of love for the Virgin Mary and a story of Humility. Also, this is a story of Docility. As stated in the catechism of the catholic church that obedience is the mother of all virtues. So i encourage all of you to watcho this film to see how a humble beginning can lead a man to the greatest part in history. Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam!
½ January 14, 2009
It is a film that inspires my admiration and respect for the godliness and piety of Pope John Paul II (Piotr Adamczyk as Karol Wojtyla) although I am a Protestant and do not follow the Catholic traditions. I also believe that the movie has faithfully depicted him as who he really was. The Pope never compromised on the gay marriage and abortions issues despite many criticisms on him.
January 6, 2009
A pretty good movie with a quite low amount of religiousness.
½ January 6, 2009
If you want to know more about Pope John Paul II, then I suggest you watch this. If you get annoyed by bad digital effects too easily, then I suggest you don't.
October 11, 2008
Lo unico que puedo ver mal en la pelicula, es que dura demasiado, pero es igual en historias parecidas del holocausto (sclinderl's list, the pianist), me gusto mucho el final.
September 13, 2008
Lovely movie. A bit long, but the content of it helps you to realize
August 4, 2008
July 24, 2008
très bien joué, très émouvant
un film qui permet de mieux connnaitre les débuts de ce Saint homme