Katrathu Tamil - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

EXCELLENT MOVIE FROM KOLLYWOOD
½ December 29, 2010
Love this Movie..!!!
November 2, 2009
nice movie with strong message
August 30, 2009
A must watch for hard core film buffs
Awesome cinematographpy & superb music by YSR
A commercial arthouse film!!
October 9, 2009
Best tamil movie ever. Truly outstanding movie.
½ September 30, 2009
nice movie strong message from the director and jeeva hav done a decent job worth wacthable
July 27, 2008
I saw this movie a long time back. Surprised to find it on flixster. Good film. Awesome acting by Jeeva. A must watch for tammies. This is a serious movie for serious watchers. The movie tries to give a message at the end - pinpointing to the unbalanced growth in India today. But the thing that did it for me is the style - it starts in a morbid fashion with Jeeva practically kidnapping a journalist so he can tell his story to him. It remains morbid all through out. It is just a shocking and sad tale but a good one.
May 28, 2008
at first I really didn't understand what was going on....but in the end turned out to be pretty good
½ March 21, 2008
Wanna do web searching? Try Google!
Wanna do some soul searching? Try Katrathu Tamil
½ February 23, 2008
good to watch this flim i really feeling the pain
½ January 19, 2008
all i can say is that its different, but its worth watching. it was kinda a hurdle to watch, but it was def different.
January 7, 2008
Definitely a masterpiece amongst Tamil films.....possibly a milestone in Jeeva's career..
½ December 23, 2007
Finally a movie with a great deal of novelty in 2007. I am afraid I might overrrate this movie after going through the drought of good Tamil movies this year, but then it deserves it on a relative scale.

The movie addresses the number one social issue that is worsening at an alarming rate to explode in future India - economic inequality which is mainly created by the so called booming service industry. And a subtle hint at the fate of Tamil intellects in Tamilnadu. In any typical Indian movie the hero puts on a one man show in fighting justice. But this movie is a rarely unique one. No one fights justice here - just a realistic account of the consequences of this terribly imbalanced society.

Director and writer Ram has done a spectacular job in portraying the society. The screenplay is spot on except for a few scenes. Add to it, Jeeva's splendid performance. He is one of the very few actors in the industry who is apt at choosing better scripts. And he is maturing well with every movie. The camera work and colour is very catchy and enhances the mood of the movie.

On the down side, I noted 3 things. Newcomer Anjali was a total misfit to this movie. She could hardly act. Yuvan's music is ordinary at best and his voice kills the tempo of the movie at times. And I felt the movie should have ended in the bus - sacrificing the leads did not make any sense - it just makes you feel as if the director just wanted a sad end to this tale.

I did see quite a few reviews that called this movie ridiculous and senseless. If you see the movie, it will not be too difficult for anyone to guess where such criticism comes from. Whatever they may say, the truth that is conveyed by this movie cannot be ignored.

Well done Ram and Jeeva.